• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad/Captain Toad for Smash, Toad Brigade Assemble!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Sorry guys, but here's a screenshot I took a few days back before evolving him:
IMG_20181211_015425.jpg

He can be enhanced into Captain Toad at level 99. Obtained by scanning his Amiibo, but unlike Digby whom I saw in WoL after scanning I have yet to come across Toad or Captain Toad.

Sad Captain Toad wasn't legend level, but I have to wonder if their levels reflect their ballot performance since Ashley and Geno are both legendaries...

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I have to wonder if their levels reflect their ballot performance since Ashley and Geno are both legendaries...
maybe, there doesnt seem to any actual logic behind the ranks

edit: boy the number of votes thatd mean wispy woods had gotten

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
1) Has anyone found a toad spirit in World of Light? I just completed the story and saved *most* spirits, but could not find one for Toad (I found Toadette though). Did I miss him somewhere?
I do have a Captain Toad spirit. I cannot recall ever seeing Toad in World of Light. Same with Meowth... and I haven’t even seen Meowth come out of the Pokeball yet.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I do have a Captain Toad spirit. I cannot recall ever seeing Toad in World of Light. Same with Meowth... and I haven’t even seen Meowth come out of the Pokeball yet.
I've got Meowth's spirit. He increases thrown weapon power(he's a support spirit meaning you can put him with Captain Toad as I have).

He was one of the first spirits I got but I think I obtained him via Classic Mode rather than WoL. Could be wrong though. I took Villager's route if that helps?

Also had him come out the pokeball against me, but seen him a grand total of twice thus far.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
guess who nintendo's using for seasons greetings

yellow toad looks adorable in that stocking

Last edited:

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
A very fantastic post. I agree with basically everything you wrote. Toad is among the very last of the Nintendo all-stars not yet playable in Smash Bros. (the only other character left with as much standing and prominence in their own series is Dixie Kong and arguably Bandana Dee).

I feel the same way about this game. This is very likely my last round for speculation, and with DLC taking a "surprise third-party character" turn, I am going to be a lot less active during the DLC speculation point for this game. I also agree with you that Ultimate gave me nearly everything I ever wanted to see with Smash Bros.

The re-release of Captain Toad for both the Switch and the 3DS was certainly a bright spot for the character, as is Toadette being promoted to a playable character in the mainline series. Hopefully, there will continue to be positive developments for Toad.

The Toad fanbase may not be up to the level Waluigi and Geno are at now, but I can definitely say for sure that anyone that wants to see Toad in Smash Bros. truly does love and appreciate the character. The Mii costume and his enhance role as part of Peach's moveset at least means he can be part of Ultimate in someway.

Toad is a legendary character. I am personally still hoping we get to see a new Wario's Woods some day.

Toad for Super Smash Bros.
Appreciate the kind words ChronoBound! It's been amazing to see Smash evolve as a series - and it will be interesting to see how it continues to grow in the future. I am grateful that Ultimate brought many fan-favourites that have been excluded oddly enough for years such as Ridley and King K Rool along with coveted characters and stages from past Smash installments as well. It truly is an Ultimate/Special inclusion in the series!

While it is disappointing that WW didn't get a sequel as of yet, it's reassuring to see Nintendo continually bring the game back (at least the NES version) over the years including the recent wave in the Nintendo Online classics for the Switch. Perhaps one day, we will see the game return through a remake or a sequel. At this rate, Toad is certainly quite the star of puzzle games himself with Wario's Woods as well as Captain Toad being the star of Treasure Tracker!

Regardless, we do appreciate your input here in the Brigade and will continue to stay strong!

guess who nintendo's using for seasons greetings

yellow toad looks adorable in that stocking
That is the cutest thing! So happy to see Nintendo continuously promoting the Captain and his crew! Seems like they have a soft spot for this title (hoping we see more of these Toads in the future!). :p

Even a Reindeer Shy Guy, Goomba, and Pixel Toad are included too haha! I admit, I do wonder whatever happened to Mailtoad - perhaps he got a new job as the royal courier in Peach's Castle...or perhaps he settled down with a lovely partner. Regardless, I kinda hope we see him one day again with the Brigade and Toadette! (Add Toadsworth and Kinopio-Kun in there too and it's perfect!)

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Still looking for Toad's spirit myself. Once obtained, he'll get the deluxe treatment, put to the front of the line for enhancing so I can immediately have Captain Toad, alongside my Bandana Dee spirit. While I don't have it yet, I do have a friend who found the Toad spirit in the shop. Maybe it's only obtainable via purchasing? That'd suck due to the shops random nature...

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Still looking for Toad's spirit myself. Once obtained, he'll get the deluxe treatment, put to the front of the line for enhancing so I can immediately have Captain Toad, alongside my Bandana Dee spirit. While I don't have it yet, I do have a friend who found the Toad spirit in the shop. Maybe it's only obtainable via purchasing? That'd suck due to the shops random nature...
I don't suppose you or any of your friends have a Toad amiibo? Scanning him in the Amiibo section is the easiest way to obtain the little guy.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I don't suppose you or any of your friends have a Toad amiibo? Scanning him in the Amiibo section is the easiest way to obtain the little guy.
Hmm, I think I have a friend who has one, but I myself don't. It's a shame though, because a Toad spirit battle would be pretty good with Mii Brawler, Peach, and Daisy. If I get the chance though, I'll ask if I could borrow their Toad amiibo for the spirit, unless I get it before then. :laugh:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Hmm, I think I have a friend who has one, but I myself don't. It's a shame though, because a Toad spirit battle would be pretty good with Mii Brawler, Peach, and Daisy. If I get the chance though, I'll ask if I could borrow their Toad amiibo for the spirit, unless I get it before then. :laugh:
ive seen the battle peach and daisy aint in it

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I'd prefer regular Toad as a main fighter with moves from many games including Treasure Tracker while having Captain Toad as an alternate skin.
Peach still uses Toad in her moveset, but Robin still uses Chrom in his Final Smash, so logic.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Still think we'll get Captain Toad/Toadette eventually even if it's not till next Smash. They're becoming too big to ignore with their own game and everything. And there's always one new Mario rep each game something that has never been broken (we got two this one so far with Daisy and Piranha Plant)

Only alternative is if Sakurai really does choose to make Waluigi playable next time instead, but even then, I think Captain Toad still has a shot.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Still think we'll get Captain Toad/Toadette eventually even if it's not till next Smash. They're becoming too big to ignore with their own game and everything. And there's always one new Mario rep each game something that has never been broken (we got two this one so far with Daisy and Piranha Plant)

Only alternative is if Sakurai really does choose to make Waluigi playable next time instead, but even then, I think Captain Toad still has a shot.
we didnt get any mario newcomers in brawl

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
d8v7f3g-908a3f00-b321-48f6-8f03-31f7d299d3db.jpg

FANART FRIDAY(sorry, been away from my keyboard for two Fridays in a row now)

Today's fanart is from D-Mac, and you can view his other Mario Bros. related art here

King Bob Gaming also released some more new footage of his Toad Smash mod including Toadette and Toadsworth! It's apparently near to being released!

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Hey! Could you add me to the support list?

There are so many fighters now that Toad's omission is getting really weird. I understand his absence until now, but I at the beginning I was sure that the Captain would be here this time. Toad is not extremely popular or more interesting than most characters. Few people are passionated about him. But when I think of it, I can't help but wonder where he is.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
we didnt get any mario newcomers in brawl
Wario, series icon be damned. He was the third Mario character on the Melee poll following Bowser and Peach. Toad was the fourth Mario character on the Melee poll.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Hey! Could you add me to the support list?

There are so many fighters now that Toad's omission is getting really weird. I understand his absence until now, but I at the beginning I was sure that the Captain would be here this time. Toad is not extremely popular or more interesting than most characters. Few people are passionated about him. But when I think of it, I can't help but wonder where he is.
hense why we think sakurai dont like toad, p.s. youre added to the supporters list welcome to the brigade

Wario, series icon be damned. He was the third Mario character on the Melee poll following Bowser and Peach. Toad was the fourth Mario character on the Melee poll.
well wario did have the advantage that sakurai wanted him

edit: hang on a moment didnt someone say cap only appeared on new donk on third rotation of the stage? ive just seen him on the first

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
MERRY CHRISTMAS TOAD BRIGADE!

So, I did you all a Christmas Story. Here's Part 1

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg
8.jpg

9.jpg
10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg
13.jpg

14.jpg
15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg
18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg
49.jpg
50.jpg

51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

54.jpg

55.jpg

Merry Christmas Toad Brigade! Feel free to spread this comic and spread the joy!

(Meowth, Chibi-Robo, Ashley and Eevee were all going to get a line too but I literally ran out of time. I had lots of other verses too, but Christmas is tomorrows soooo)
[/spoiler]

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
bravo YoshiandToad YoshiandToad truly marvellous, love the sight of a guardian with a super pic axe in it

also id love to know what you had planned for chibi

and i would also like to offer my seasons greeting to my fellow brigade members though i dont have anything quite as wonderful to offer

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
bravo YoshiandToad YoshiandToad truly marvellous, love the sight of a guardian with a super pic axe in it

also id love to know what you had planned for chibi

and i would also like to offer my seasons greeting to my fellow brigade members though i dont have anything quite as wonderful to offer
Ah sure, the missing lines were:

"New gadgets and items for Meowth of Team Rocket
For Chibi Robo, a portable charger and socket
A hex book for Ashley (her tastes are quite strange)
and a trainer for Eevee who wouldn't force her to change."

and then PAST that it was:

A new toolkit for Tails, and some new shoes for Shadow
A new summon for Sora and some Jiggies for Banjo
Some Crystal Stars for the Mario made out of Papers
Impa meanwhile received new heart containers.

New pyjamas for Shantae, Shovel Knight a medal for chivalry
A pillow for Rayman, Springman a month of pizza delivery
Tartari for Rex, Elma a Glowing Cherry Tree bonsai
Toad was nearly done when he heard the sound of a sigh.

But sadly ran out of time!

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Toad/Capt. Toad is among the more deserving characters left to be included. He has a long history in the Mario series that dates back, before my birth, to over 30 years ago. Waluigi and Toad are pretty much the only Mario characters that I want to see in at this point. I definitely support (Capt.) Toad for Smash! Merry Christmas fellow Toad supporters!

Isaac Marshall is the best Toad voice to ever exist.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Ah sure, the missing lines were:

"New gadgets and items for Meowth of Team Rocket
For Chibi Robo, a portable charger and socket
A hex book for Ashley (her tastes are quite strange)
and a trainer for Eevee who wouldn't force her to change."

and then PAST that it was:

A new toolkit for Tails, and some new shoes for Shadow
A new summon for Sora and some Jiggies for Banjo
Some Crystal Stars for the Mario made out of Papers
Impa meanwhile received new heart containers.

New pyjamas for Shantae, Shovel Knight a medal for chivalry
A pillow for Rayman, Springman a month of pizza delivery
Tartari for Rex, Elma a Glowing Cherry Tree bonsai
Toad was nearly done when he heard the sound of a sigh.

But sadly ran out of time!
still good even without a comic, my hat off to your talents

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Please do not post multiple times in a row. Also, that's a ton of images. Please link or spoiler mark them.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sure, I'll spoiler it after Christmas, just leave it as it is for a day? Kinda the point in a Christmas comic after all.
Keep in mind the issue is more that it eats up people's internet. You can mark your spoilers, after all~ And the posts are merged for you, so it's not too hard to get the markings done. :)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
That was a very heartwarming story. Very great job with it.

I personally would have liked the actual Roy (FE) to be with Lyn though. More heartwarming having him give up being with the rest of the Smash cast, to be with his mom.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Captain-Toad-spirits.jpg

Oh, I'm sure you guys discussed this already but:

Captain Toad and Toadette are listed under their own subseries section within the Mario spirits. Think it'd mean they may rep their own franchise if they got in?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think I am pretty much done with Smash Ultimate for now. Got all 1299 spirits and cleared all 124 challenges.

Captain Toad and Toadette (Echo Fighter) really need to be playable in the next Smash. I really hope that will happen.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 184535

Captain Toad and Toadette are listed under their own subseries section within the Mario spirits. Think it'd mean they may rep their own franchise if they got in?
maybe, can only guess

I think I am pretty much done with Smash Ultimate for now. Got all 1299 spirits and cleared all 124 challenges.

Captain Toad and Toadette (Echo Fighter) really need to be playable in the next Smash. I really hope that will happen.
we all do man

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
View attachment 184535

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker was created from assets made from Super Mario 3D World. I imagine that is how the game was able to become a "budget" title.

Until the series is able to differentiate itself more from Super Mario in terms of characters and setting, I think Captain Toad would be included as a Super Mario newcomer. That being said, I do think that if he were to ever become playable, he would get his own victory jingle (likely based off the Captain Toad theme),

That is incredible that you were able to do this so soon. I have only about 700 spirits, and have only done about half of the challenges. I have not even finished World of Light yet. It will probably take me quite a while to "complete" Ultimate, likely more than year after release.

I do agree that Captain Toad and Toadette should be a part of the roster in the next game, especially if they continue to get additional games.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
That is incredible that you were able to do this so soon. I have only about 700 spirits, and have only done about half of the challenges. I have not even finished World of Light yet. It will probably take me quite a while to "complete" Ultimate, likely more than year after release.

I do agree that Captain Toad and Toadette should be a part of the roster in the next game, especially if they continue to get additional games.
You get almost half of the game’s spirits from World of Light. The rest I got from buying at shops and clearing Classic Mode with everyone and summoning spirits and doing Spirit Board.

I think part of the reason why I feel like I’m done with Smash Ultimate is because I didn’t get newcomers I really wanted so bad this time. Yeah, I finally got Simon but he still is not Toad (or Captain Toad) or Meowth (or Team Rocket with Meowth, Ekans/Arbok, and Koffing/Weezing). At least Smash 4 was able to satisfy me for a long time with Duck Hunt Dog.

jreed3842

Smash Apprentice
You get almost half of the game’s spirits from World of Light. The rest I got from buying at shops and clearing Classic Mode with everyone and summoning spirits and doing Spirit Board.

I think part of the reason why I feel like I’m done with Smash Ultimate is because I didn’t get newcomers I really wanted so bad this time. Yeah, I finally got Simon but he still is not Toad (or Captain Toad) or Meowth (or Team Rocket with Meowth, Ekans/Arbok, and Koffing/Weezing). At least Smash 4 was able to satisfy me for a long time with Duck Hunt Dog.
I beat World of Light last night. And I my hype is kinda dying down as well. I like playing with my friends and boyfriend, but I don’t have the urge to play it anymore by myself.

And I think it’s for the same reason as you.
To this day I still don’t know what it feels like to have a character I really want in Smash to finally make it in.
None of the new comers in ANY of the Smash Bros have been on my list of most wanted fighters.

I think Little Mac is maybe the new comer I have gotten the most excited about in all the Smashes so far... but even then it was more like “Oh thats neat...”
No newcomers for Ultimate got me excited. In fact I didn’t know who a handful of them were!

Captain Toad, Urbosa, Decidueye, and Ghirahim are the only ones who would get me excited... and I don’t see them happening any time soon. :/

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Yeah, I agree with a lot of what you guys are saying. It's hard to stay interested in this game. Don't get me wrong, the multiplayer is fun, but that requires getting friends who have set schedules with their lives and all and sitting them down to play, ignoring the fact that they might not even be in the mood if they do have the time. Ultimate's single player is, ironically, isn't so Ultimate. Classic mode had some great changes, but some of the other stuff easily starts to get repetitive. World of Light... has some interesting ideas, but they're all fights, fights that tend to repeat after a while. What's different about fighting this character with a lava floor as opposed to this character with a lava floor? Looking past that, it's hard to stay excited for a mode when it nearly deconfirms your wanted characters, like Toad/Captain Toad, Bandana Dee, or Dixie Kong. I really wish there was a boss rush mode like back in Brawl...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
yeah without as many modes and some not quite the same stuff to do seemed to run out pretty quickly, guess that was the price for "everyone is here"

jreed3842

Smash Apprentice
Here’s a fun question to discuss!

If Captain Toad or Toad made it in as DLC what do you think their classic mode opponents would be like?

For Captain Toad I think it would be characters like Wario or King K Rool.

For Toad himself I feel like he would go against his fellow Mario companions with Peach being the last one to fight before Master Hand!

What ideas do you guys have?

Top Bottom