• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad and/or Sally could be a pseudo-clone or semi-clone of Mario or Dr. Mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Since Melee, Mario and Luigi's movesets have been updated multiple times to add distinctions from each other. Luigi started out as an echo of Mario. (Echo fighters weren't even a thing back in Smash 64) But they gradually got decloned over time, which lead to them mutating into pseudo-clones. Dr. Mario on the other hand didn't seem to get much of a distinction compared to Luigi.

Toad is one of the must-have playable characters who hasn't arrived yet. But he does have a high chance for DLC. Since Ultimate, characters in moves are no longer deconfirmed.

Toad's moveset isn't too hard to assemble. Since he would most likely be a semi-clone of Mario, or Dr. Mario. Most or some of his moveset would be cloned from Mario, and/or Dr. Mario.

Here's my idea for Toad's distinct moves:

Down Aerial: Mario's down aerial from Melee.

Dash Attack: Does a dash attack similar to Beck's Acxelerate.

Forward Smash: Toad charges up a hadouken-like energy projectile by performing a series of rapid arm movements, then he fires it with his cupped hands.

Up Smash: Toad fires a beam of energy from his index finger upwards.

Down Smash: Toad fires a beam of energy from his index finger downwards.

Standard Special: Energy Ball: Same as Mario's fireball, only with ki/chakra/energy instead of fire.

Side Special: Ki Blasts: Nearly identical to Goku's ki blasts in Super Smash Flash 2, except that it always flies straight regardless of Toad being in midair or not.

Down Special: Energy Absorption: Similar to Ness and Lucas's PSI Magnet. Toad raises his hand forward to absorb certain projectiles.

Final Smash: Super Toad: Nearly Identical to Sonic's final smash from Smash 4.

Almost the rest of Toad's moveset would be identical to Mario's. But if Toad gets officially released as a DLC for Smash Ultimate (probably after the first 5), his official moveset would be completely different from my concept above.

While Sally Acorn on the other hand, while she has been deconfirmed, she could be a pseudo-clone of Toad. She would only share the same special moves as my concept, and final smash. The rest of her moveset would be unique.

I don't want Sally to be in Smash. But I just thought she could be another Pseudo-clone.

Last edited:

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Forward Smash: Toad charges up a hadouken-like energy projectile by performing a series of rapid arm movements, then he fires it with his cupped hands.

Up Smash: Toad fires a beam of energy from his index finger upwards.

Down Smash: Toad fires a beam of energy from his index finger downwards.

Standard Special: Energy Ball: Same as Mario's fireball, only with ki/chakra/energy instead of fire.

Side Special: Ki Blasts: Nearly identical to Goku's ki blasts in Super Smash Flash 2, except that it always flies straight regardless of Toad being in midair or not.

Down Special: Energy Absorption: Similar to Ness and Lucas's PSI Magnet. Toad raises his hand forward to absorb certain projectiles.

Final Smash: Super Toad: Nearly Identical to Sonic's final smash from Smash 4.
Toad has never used moves like that before; they’re so out of character that I think you’ve been playing too much Mighty No. 9. At least bring up ideas that are actually related to the character, like releasing spores, for example

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom