• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To clear things up

ChestyLaRue

Smash Rookie
ol @ the people saying "b-but prof just BARELY beat leffen"
>barely beat leffen
>beat leffen
>beat

If he bested leffen, he bested leffen. Not too much wiggle room there. Also of course the salty swede who got bested on his own turf is going to claim that the American is better. Not really sure how that douchebag still has a respected output in the community.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
On the same page, Keitaro later said "Of course. Making a trailer specifically for that :D" in response to someone asking for the Rolex vs Prof match.

Goddamnit, hyped.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Waiting for the Rolex vs Professor Pro $100 money match thread now.

My money is on the Chinese food fiend.
If you got people crossing continents to play a MM I suggest mowing a couple more lawns and make it at least 500-1000 dollars. VGbootcamp's channel should stream it like they do the salty suite vids.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
If you got people crossing continents to play a MM I suggest mowing a couple more lawns and make it at least 500-1000 dollars. VGbootcamp's channel should stream it like they do the salty suite vids.
It will prob end up being ClashTournaments since that's what it has been on in the past despite VGBootCamp having a bigger following :/
Also it's a bit easier to put up that money when you just have to hop in the car to get to the venue. I don't mind raising it but it will have to be on the day when I see how much money I have to put up.

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
This thread is ridiculous.

I'm not saying you would lose Rolex, but being in/winning more tournies means jack s***
Until you beat him, you can't claim to be better, period.

If Prof. Pro did make those comments claiming to be above you, shame on him as well, but you've gone about it the wrong way.

And yes, I am implying that even though you've participated in more tournies/beat more people, he can still potentially beat you.

"If you want to be the best, BEAT the best" is how the old saying goes. That being said, I'll completely hold my tongue about the superior Snake until the day the duel goes down.

Last edited:

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
how exactly will the betting system work, do people just bring money and thats how it goes?
i have no problem betting but as you can see from my location theres no viable way i can be there in person to give/collect money.
so for international bets will a monetary system like moneygram or something be used or just bank account transfers.
because if it is possible, i'd like to put $25 down on the american.
i am very serious about this.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
how exactly will the betting system work, do people just bring money and thats how it goes?
i have no problem betting but as you can see from my location theres no viable way i can be there in person to give/collect money.
so for international bets will a monetary system like moneygram or something be used or just bank account transfers.
because if it is possible, i'd like to put $25 down on the american.
i am very serious about this.
You must not like money

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
It will prob end up being ClashTournaments since that's what it has been on in the past despite VGBootCamp having a bigger following :/
Also it's a bit easier to put up that money when you just have to hop in the car to get to the venue. I don't mind raising it but it will have to be on the day when I see how much money I have to put up.
GiMR won best 2 of 3 sets vs Chibo during Apex with the prize being the winner gets to stream SKTAR, soooo unless something happened it should be on VGBC.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yes, I am looking to make SKTAR and it is looking reasonably likely.

@ RolexPachinko RolexPachinko will be there since a trailer is being made along with @ NiPPs NiPPs to sweep the floor as he walks.
In terms of side bets how much are you putting on Rolex Nipps?
yes i will be at sktar, in fact i was one of the first 25 to sign up and got the early bird falco venue ^_^
In the immortal words of Jim Ross:

BUSINESS IS ABOUT TO PICK UP!

Last edited:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Actually it should be on VGBC, since GIMR beat Chibo in the Salty Suite match. They were playing for the rights to stream the next SKTAR.

aaaaaaaaaaaaand i see someone else already brought that up.

Last edited:

RvlvRBobcat

Smash Apprentice
What should we do about commentators? This is pretty anticipated and I want the commentary to be memorable.
We need maybe 1 commentator from both USA and EU to give insight on both players, or we need to have 2 people that have never seen them before and to lose their minds every time one of them does something cool. If we leave it to just anyone, we may get boring commentary or too much USA chants. Just saying.

Last edited:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
What should we do about commentators? This is pretty anticipated and I want the commentary to be memorable.
We need maybe 1 commentator from both USA and EU to give insight on both players, or we need to have 2 people that have never seen them before and to lose their minds every time one of them does something cool. If we leave it to just anyone, we may get boring commentary or too much USA chants. Just saying.
It's not like we really have any EU commentators coming to this event, it will be fine with 2 USA commentators, just as long as they remain unbias and don't start singing the National Anthem during the set....

I agree that it shouldn't be left to anyone, but it's one of them things that can be sorted out on the day and doesn't really need pre-planning.

RvlvRBobcat

Smash Apprentice
It's not like we really have any EU commentators coming to this event, it will be fine with 2 USA commentators, just as long as they remain unbias and don't start singing the National Anthem during the set....

I agree that it shouldn't be left to anyone, but it's one of them things that can be sorted out on the day and doesn't really need pre-planning.
If anything, i'll be singing the pokemon theme song.

Top Bottom