• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To clear things up

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
**** yeah i love it when people be competitive and have confidence in their abilities as a player instead of taking the meek route. nowadays people are all humble and sensitive to each others feelings and junk with the "I respect ______ as a player and as a person" and even worse the "im pretty good but i think ______ is a better player than me and would probably beat me " pre john. **** outta here with that noise, as competitive gamers people need to stop being so *****fied. Assert yourself, start a rivalry kick their *** and make them push themselves to be better players.
either way my money's on the american.
FIVE THOUSAND DOLLAR$... in monopoly money
^All this except the last part. Put some real money on it!

Hulter

Smash Cadet
Sweden GDP Growth Rate (%): 0.1
Unites States GDP Growth Rate (%): 4.1

So, to sum it up, The United States is smaller than Europe, has less than half as many people, yet has a comparable GDP to Europe. Also, our GDP has grown at a rate 41 times faster than Sweden's, which is interesting, but not really relevant.

You've got this wrong. Economic growth is a bad thing.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
What the heck is that picture?
Edit: Also, what are you trying to use the picture to say? Does it have any bearing on your latter statement?

Last edited:

Hulter

Smash Cadet
I see. Well, I'm not going to argue cultural differences with you, as those conversations are always counter-productive.
Lal.

The point is trying to measure the merits of a country by its economic growth is about as sensible as competing in deforrestation of rainforrests.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Well ****. if it becomes **** measuring I'll actually put money of my own on this

Last edited:

MrBigstuff

Smash Apprentice
Better yet, first you measure the packages. Next you play a set, then you play a set with your packages. Whoever wins two of the three challenges is the winner

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
this used to be so exciting and fun to read, how you could almost sense the rivalry between both players, the hype of a high stakes money match and seeing two masters of their character duke it out... now its devolved into **** measuring contests? :/ oh internet, you never fail to amaze me

Cassio

Smash Master
Dang, I wanted to root for P Pro just to hate on NY/NJ and this thread made me think P Pro was some kind of prodigy, but his playstyle looks gimmicky. I hope this isnt his typical style, or maybe snake is just a gimmick.

Last edited:

Cassio

Smash Master
Simma down buddy, lol, no need to be sensitive I didn't say your game was gimmicky. The meta-game being new is super susceptible to gimmicky styles or characters, so its prone to players without good fundamentals and previous success in smash seeing good results. I'm not going to judge from one video though.

Last edited:

Nguz95

Smash Lord
I bet they read this thread and were like, "Guys, we gotta get in on this, send Prof some money now!"
Probably not though.

dRevan64

Smash Journeyman
This thread got really homoerotic really fast. A joke about Sweden's male prostitution epidemic would be appropriate here.

Grats on getting sponsored prof, enjoy it until Rolex bops you and Reign drops you out of shame.

Sago

Smash Lord
Well since im the #3 Snake. All i have to say is.
Tranq is situational...but good.

And i want in on these snake rivalries. aaaahg imma mess you both up.
:3

Last edited:

TreK

Is "that guy"
May I suggest the controller port to be decided by a stare contest ?

Yes, I may.

Mischief

Smash Cadet
You can argue back and forth about the neutral game, and honestly I don't know who's better in this department. Pro's movement is clearly more fluid and harder to predict than Rolex's, he also tends to approach a lot more often. At the same time, one could make the argument that Rolex has a better neutral game due to his results at Apex where he faced many high level players and came out on top.

Still though, all things being even, I still give it to Pro. The fundamental difference between Rolex and Pro is the same thing that divides a player like Ken and M2K: punish game. Rolex has solid punishes, he knows when he has opportunities, he takes them, he gets damage, solid kills, solid gimps, scary player, etc. But Pro. Pro's punish game is godly. Make one ****ing error and Pro will up-b, sticky, down air, grab you into and up throw explosion of death in all of about four seconds. His punishes are so good they appear mechanical, the average human looks at them and can't even contemplate the level of accuracy and speed. Pro is a ****ing machine. So while we can argue about who has a better neutral game, punishes are pretty clear as far as I can see. Rolex has never blown my mind with combos quite the way Pro has. I mean, potentially one could argue that a top level American player could DI out of some of Pro's combos better than UK players but this seems like wishful thinking to me (especially because it assumes UK players for some reason can't DI). They might be able to AVOID being punished better, that is they might have a better neutral game, but when punishment opportunities open Pro just hits so much harder than Rolex.

Pro wins.

Last edited:
Top Bottom