• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To clear things up

RolexPachinko

Smash Rookie
I really don't understand this rumour :p
We played friendlies

I won the first two, later on (a few hours later in the middle of the night) Proffesor Pro won with 4-2.
It was no counterpicks or anything. So the actuall score was 4-4 in FRIENDLIS

But this was JUST friendlis. Kinda silly if you can't play without being 100% at all times, I was on my way to EVO and stopped by before my next flight.
Professor Pro is mad good and I actually think he would have made at least top 3 at Apex 2014.

At Beast me and Professor Pro will most likely play vs each other. If he beat me then he can claim he is better than me/took a set. Until that happens neither one of us have been "winning" or losing vs each other.

I still wanna have my "undefeated in a PM set" so I do not plan on dropping a set at Beast ;)
Thank you for the clarification Armada. I'm glad that rumour is put to rest being the only noteworthy thing of value. I wish i got to play you this apex, but you had to be on the other side of the bracket and you never came to the friendly room! Definitely one of the best of all time and i wish you success in the future ;)

sinth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sinth_technique
Switch FC
SW-6875-3919-6957
This is how I imagine Rolex vs. Professor Pro:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I really don't understand this rumour :p
We played friendlies

I won the first two, later on (a few hours later in the middle of the night) Proffesor Pro won with 4-2.
It was no counterpicks or anything. So the actuall score was 4-4 in FRIENDLIS

But this was JUST friendlis. Kinda silly if you can't play without being 100% at all times, I was on my way to EVO and stopped by before my next flight.
Professor Pro is mad good and I actually think he would have made at least top 3 at Apex 2014.

At Beast me and Professor Pro will most likely play vs each other. If he beat me then he can claim he is better than me/took a set. Until that happens neither one of us have been "winning" or losing vs each other.

I still wanna have my "undefeated in a PM set" so I do not plan on dropping a set at Beast ;)
Though it's not that important, that's not an accurate representation of how things went on the day, I remember it quite vividly, because it's not everyday you are sitting at home, and your friend randomly says ON THE DAY 'Do you want to come around, Armada is coming?' lol

Since he wasn't going to be in the UK for long I wanted a set recorded with him, and I asked him can we get a Bo5 recorded and he said 'Yes of course'
Then while his set vs Alpha Dash was converting I played a quick friendly with squirtle which I obviously lost lol, then as soon as it finished converting we played our friendly set, there wasn't a 'few hours later in the middle of the night' because you didn't want to play PM for too long because you wanted to practice for Melee lol.
I was up 3-1 and I asked him 'Do you want to make it Bo7' because I wanted to play more, and he said ok, then he won the next two games and I won the last.

I never stated it was more then a friendly set, so I don't know how it got around to people saying 'I beat you in a MM' to 'I knocked you out of a tournament'...perfect example of Chinese Whispers lol.
And I brought it up when people were saying or implying that I wouldn't be able to play against anyone good.

So no-one has stripped or claiming they have stripped you of your undefeated title so don't worry lol.
I've been looking forward to playing you since B.E.A.S.T. since you semi-called me out on SmashUK and messaged me about going on facebook, please get GimR so B.E.A.S.T. can be on VGBC for more hype, I know he was interested.

Edit - For anyone wondering what happened to the footage, it is corrupted and jolts like crazy

Matty89

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hydra89
I'd pay for both of their tickets just to shut this up already. Can't deny Rolex at Apex facts are fact, congrats man. Although, not gonna lie I didn't find anything..".sexy." On the other side of the coin, can't talk trash about Pro either, guy has got mad respect and done a ton to develop Snake, clearly the man has got crazy good skill anyone can see that. You can say I won at this tourny or I beat these people, but until the two of them sit down and have a set, this argument is fruitless. Hate to see a Apex win turn into, what seems like a demand for respect, you don't need to demand anything you got respect even if people don't like it. Going to need a larger thread for all the egos.

That being said, Pro is going to just wreck lol.

RolexPachinko

Smash Rookie
I'd pay for both of their tickets just to shut this up already. Can't deny Rolex at Apex facts are fact, congrats man. Although, not gonna lie I didn't find anything..".sexy." On the other side of the coin, can't talk trash about Pro either, guy has got mad respect and done a ton to develop Snake, clearly the man has got crazy good skill anyone can see that. You can say I won at this tourny or I beat these people, but until the two of them sit down and have a set, this argument is fruitless. Hate to see a Apex win turn into, what seems like a demand for respect, you don't need to demand anything you got respect even if people don't like it. Going to need a larger thread for all the egos.

That being said, Pro is going to just wreck lol.
What many people may not know or understand is that i didnt make this thread just because i performed well at apex and wanted respect. I most likely would have continued never using smashboards. What pressured me to make this thread was constantly being shown by friends of mine comments made my Prof Pro calling me bad or other condescending remarks. I found these remarks unwarranted because like i said in previous posts he has not won anything and has not beaten anyone notable (except for going even with armada that one time in friendlys lol). The one who is desperate for the little respect and fame that comes with the title of best snake is not I but Professor Pro. The only way to combat results is with results so i eagerly await a first actual tournament video from you so i can start saying ludicrous things like "these opponents don't know the match up" or "needs more jumping turnaround dacus tranq buffalo swings" because that's apparently the requirements to be considered best snake by so many.

Matty89

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hydra89
What many people may not know or understand is that i didnt make this thread just because i performed well at apex and wanted respect. I most likely would have continued never using smashboards. What pressured me to make this thread was constantly being shown by friends of mine comments made my Prof Pro calling me bad or other condescending remarks. I found these remarks unwarranted because like i said in previous posts he has not won anything and has not beaten anyone notable (except for going even with armada that one time in friendlys lol). The one who is desperate for the little respect and fame that comes with the title of best snake is not I but Professor Pro. The only way to combat results is with results so i eagerly await a first actual tournament video from you so i can start saying ludicrous things like "these opponents don't know the match up" or "needs more jumping turnaround dacus tranq buffalo swings" because that's apparently the requirements to be considered best snake by so many.
Fair enough, glad it wasn't just some rant that you have now proven yourself and were ready to talk trash. Again though like I said, can't deny what you did at Apex and again congratulations. Just going to be one of those things where you two sit down and play it out and see what happens. Should be interesting..

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL the irony in saying I'm desperate for fame in a thread (not a post or private message) you literally made specifically JUST for publicly responding to me.

I never said you're bad because you're not obviously, please reference my call-outs correctly, more like OK, alright, decent, all those words which equate to mediocrity. :)

Of course the only way to combat results is with results, except I've never been combating with your results, as I said before, living in the US automatically gives you 'better' results. The only thing I've commented on is what I've seen in your matches.

Still though, try to make the next big PM + Melee US event this year as will I, waiting till 2015 is long, $100 MM?

Look forward to your criticisms for my matches at BEAST. When the time comes can you make another thread about me for it though?

Gallo69

Smash Apprentice
Can this be a first to 10 like they do in hype Marvel sets?
Sidebets?!? I got 100 on the watch guy.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
I feel good about beating Rolex the Best Snake in PM 3 weeks ago on my first try lol looking for a rematch. this whole issue reminds me of Brawl n other lesser Snakes trying to take my title. Rolex as far as I know is the sexiest Snake n sexiest mainer in PM I know. #teamrolex #imnotgay

Armada

Smash Lord
Though it's not that important, that's not an accurate representation of how things went on the day, I remember it quite vividly, because it's not everyday you are sitting at home, and your friend randomly says ON THE DAY 'Do you want to come around, Armada is coming?' lol

Since he wasn't going to be in the UK for long I wanted a set recorded with him, and I asked him can we get a Bo5 recorded and he said 'Yes of course'
Then while his set vs Alpha Dash was converting I played a quick friendly with squirtle which I obviously lost lol, then as soon as it finished converting we played our friendly set, there wasn't a 'few hours later in the middle of the night' because you didn't want to play PM for too long because you wanted to practice for Melee lol.
I was up 3-1 and I asked him 'Do you want to make it Bo7' because I wanted to play more, and he said ok, then he won the next two games and I won the last.

I never stated it was more then a friendly set, so I don't know how it got around to people saying 'I beat you in a MM' to 'I knocked you out of a tournament'...perfect example of Chinese Whispers lol.
And I brought it up when people were saying or implying that I wouldn't be able to play against anyone good.

So no-one has stripped or claiming they have stripped you of your undefeated title so don't worry lol.
I've been looking forward to playing you since B.E.A.S.T. since you semi-called me out on SmashUK and messaged me about going on facebook, please get GimR so B.E.A.S.T. can be on VGBC for more hype, I know he was interested.

Edit - For anyone wondering what happened to the footage, it is corrupted and jolts like crazy
Was probably some missunderstanding than =)
No worries.

Our set at Beast will be even better than the GF at Apex!
looking forward to it =D

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
I feel good about beating Rolex the Best Snake in PM 3 weeks ago on my first try lol looking for a rematch. this whole issue reminds me of Brawl n other lesser Snakes trying to take my title. Rolex as far as I know is the sexiest Snake n sexiest mainer in PM I know. #teamrolex #imnotgay
Put some money down on your Watch Boy, I'll see your bet and raise you double.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
I still wanna have my "undefeated in a PM set" so I do not plan on dropping a set at Beast
That confidence :D I love watching your Pit, wish you further success!
And that salt in this thread is >9000. Hyped for the showdown MM Rolex vs Professor Pro
#tranqsfired
Edit: I think Rolex wins because he has also great setups and neutral game, together with mad creative combos like the selfc4->up air. Prof has the gahlike grab game though, will be a close one.
I will cheer for both of you ^^

RvlvRBobcat

Smash Apprentice
The sum of this thread is pretty much this:
Results are the ultimate form of proof for skill and success. According to Proffessor Pro however, it only matters that they face off eventually to settle the score which he believes is in his favor while he shows no results of his own and eats crumpets all day. Rolex works his ass off to actually make a bigger name for himself. He's clearing his name from the mud you dragged him through in the first place, but you dragged him back into the mud anyhow.
You people are a circus.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
The sum of this thread is pretty much this:
Results are the ultimate form of proof for skill and success. According to Proffessor Pro however, it only matters that they face off eventually to settle the score which he believes is in his favor while he shows no results of his own and eats crumpets all day. Rolex works his *** off to actually make a bigger name for himself. He's clearing his name from the mud you dragged him through in the first place, but you dragged him back into the mud anyhow.
You people are a circus.

Prof is a better player. Screw results.

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
RolexPachinko
And alas even being in the Project M backroom for snake and being able to play-test months before changes occur does not, unfortunately for Professor Pro, make him the better player.

I can see this being used as salt bait after they play and Rolex loses "You are Project M backroom, you get to play test snake before the changes even come in, you had an unfair advatange"

Top Bottom