• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To all who knew Daniel Kish, aka KishCubed

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Daniel Kish passed away early on the 15th of January due to complications from a pacemaker surgery. Many of you have heard that he had a heart transplant before we even came onto the boards. Shortly after that, we found out that the new heart was not being accepted into the body, and he was limited to only being able to travel within a 3 hour radius of Indianapolis so that he could be available to take another new heart as soon as it came in. As this pertains to Smash, he was sadly never able to play as many of you as he would've liked or as often as he would've liked. He loved every tournament he was able to travel to and relished them. To all of you who made these experiences so enjoyable for him, we of the Kish family thank you. We also especially thank those of you that made the trip to MELEE-FC, which I put together in part because I knew that he would never be able to play most of these people without it. It was one of the best weekends of his life, as he told me.

We are confident that he is with God now in a body that has none of the limitations he has suffered through his whole life, and we are grateful for that. I don't know if this is really the best place for this on the boards, but we just wanted to let those of you who knew him know what had happened. Mods, feel free to lock or move as necessary.

Thwick

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to hear about the loss. A great member of the community who will be surely missed. There's no doubt he's playing smash up there

GOTS

Smash Apprentice
I am truly sorry to hear that your brother has passed away. I can't even imagine what pain you and your family and friends are going through, he will surely be missed not for just being a good smasher, but for being so kind and generous. I remember he was really nice to me and my friends when we went to FC, and to many other tournies we went too.

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
I am sorry for the loss to your family, and the loss to everyone who met him both online and off. I will miss seeing him at future tournaments, and will remember the times we played... including when he was my team partner for FOB 1.

Rest In Peace, Cubed.

Emacee

Smash Ace
My condolences for an unfortunate loss for the SSBM playing community.

Barogrei

Smash Apprentice
I'm very sorry for your loss, Kish family. An excellent sheik player, a great member of the community, and an individual that I fail to have gotten to know is lost to us now. I'm sure he is happy wherever he is now.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103

That's extremely sad. I remember him at the flame of bowser tournies, great guy. I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet him. Rest in peace, Daniel.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Wow. Unbelieveable. I am deeply sorry to hear that Daniel passed on. FC was truly a great time for him. I am glad I had the opportunity to meet him as well as spend some time and talk smash with him. He will be a great loss to the entire smash community as well as his community outside of smash. My regards are with the Kish family. Rest in peace, Cubed, Rest in peace.:(

Don Muffin

Smash Journeyman
wow...

That's really...I can't even find the words for it...

It's amazing to think that I've read his posts before, talked online with him...and now he's gone. He's never going to say anything to us again.

This pains me. This loss is unfair and cruel. If there is a god, I hope he's taking care of him. Such a vibrant person whow as also so fragile...

Rest in peace Daniel...

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
May he rest in the peace of Christ. My condolences go to the rest of the Kish family, and my prayers go to Daniel in heaven.

JoeyOnly

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry to hear this, my condolences to the Kish family. I remember playing him way back in snexus 2 and he gave me a whooping.

dan smith

Smash Champion
RIP Daniel

I hope he keeps smashing in Heaven, there would be nobody who could beat him, Daniel was **** good...

I hope he enjoys his well deserved rest.

My heart goes out to the Kish clan.

KISH^3 RIP

GrabfestBowser

Sexiest Bowser
Sorry to hear the bad news... he was a great guy... and I'm sure he's doing much better now then he was before. Tim and Jeff you guys keep his legacy going and keep the smashing alive over there in indy.

Our regards

Luke and Jake

jv3x3

Smash Champion
Cubed was a real nice kid, standup guy period. Never heard him talk bad about anyone or anything (although he did have some of the most random posts ive seen on here, lol). I remember at FOB2 when everyone was doing friendlys we just grabbed a tv and played for hours. Unfortunate what happened and you (he) will be missed. RIP Danieal Kish aka Kishcubed aka the sheik you dont want to run into at a tourney (but always fun to play).... hopefully you are livin it up somewhere.

SPAWN_OF_S8AN

Smash Rookie
Wow.......that's crazy, I had no clue that he was dealing with such complications.....my condolences go to his family and all of his friends. The smash community has truely taken a hard hit with this one, Rest In Peace my friend.

ChuDat

Smash Master
Sryz 2 hear of this tragic loss. I dont beleive i got the chance to meet him, but it wouldve been a great honor. I hope that hez in a better place with god now.

Rest in peace mangz :(

Marissa

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry to hear about that... Dan was the nicest person I will ever meet, he sure will be missed. Kish family, you're in my prayers, God bless you.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
well

this is mana.

I never got to meet your bro, but i heard he was the best out of your group. My prayers go out to your family and your brother. I'm sure hes playing smash bros melee with the best now.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Can't believe it. How saddening. So young too. You have my sympathy, from the entire Australian smash community in fact. But they can speak for themselves. Our sincerest condolences however. I've seen him in vids, and he was good. Truly a loss.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Tim, please email me the details of a memorial service. Casey and I would like to make the trip up to attend if your family wouldn't mind.

atmagamer

Smash Ace
This is terrible. He was one of the nicest guys I've ever met in the smash community. Being able to spend time with him during FC was a great experience, and he was also a gifted smash player. I'm very sorry for the pain and the loss the Kish family is experiencing right now.

Aerogamer

Smash Apprentice
ya know...i never had the opportunity to meet cubed...but from what i have read in these posts...he sounds like a great guy...just remember smashers/non-smashers/and others...nobody is ever forgotten if you keep them in your heart....and im sorry for the loss

rest in peace cubed....rest in peace

kirkq

Smash Ace
i dont like hearing that something like that could happen :(

i wasnt able to attend melee FC but now im really glad i went to FoB3......i was lucky enough to be in his round robin and get owned

a great sheik player and definitely a loss to the smash community

RIP cubed

Gaiagamer

Smash Ace
Wow...so it is true. When I first heard the news from Jesse, I just didn't believe him. I'm thankful that I went to FC and got a chance to meet him. He was definatly fun to be around. Great player, as well. I'm sorry for the loss to the Kish family, but he will not be forgotten. He's in a better place now. Rest in peace, Cubed.

Twiggy

Smash Lord
Man... im sorry guys. I never met the kishes, but I do know what its like to lose somebody close to you.

RIP KishCubed

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Wow... this is horrible news - and all so sudden as well. My condolences go out to the Kish Family - I feel so gutted; RIP Cubed.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Jeez. I never really knew him but I had seen him around. He was a knowledgable smasher and my warmest regards go out to you all.

Seeya KishCubed.

CStick

Smash Lord
I've never met him (or any of the Kishes)

But still, he was a good player from what I've seen and heard and it's sad to hear this.

RIP and condolences to him and your family. Good luck in future smashing, too.

Top Bottom