• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To all who knew Daniel Kish, aka KishCubed

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
on behalf of the dkrew, I would like to send my condolences to the Kish family. Your brother was a really nice and funny guy and will be missed

FrenzieFool

Smash Journeyman
I remember seeing and playing him at FC... kind of shocking to hear about it... all my thoughts go out to you guys... he was a very good guy...

mathos

Smash Champion
I am sorry for the news. He was a great player and an awesome guy. He will be missed to his friends, family, and the community.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I heard the news while I was at MOAST3. It was indeed a great shock, and I truly feel for your loss. I had always hoped to meet the kishes cuz I heard they were really cool people. I knew the Daniel was a really talented player, and I had heard he was a great guy as well.

The Dkrew and others willing made MOAST3 a tribute to him and the Kishes will be receiving our heartfelt memorial soon.

Neophos

Smash Ace
KishCubed was a skilled and nice gamer, as far as i could tell.

This is indeed a tragedi.

Rest in peace, KishCubed. You will be missed.

Mr.C

Smash Master
I also heard about this at Moast3.

while i was reading this reply's i started to cry. Im sorry Kish's family very sorry.

I've never had the chance to meet Kish but im truely sorry for the loss. R.I.P

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
My condolences to you and your family. I'm sorry to hear about the loss. RIP Daniel.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
my friend

kishcubed wasn't just a smasher to me he was a friend. it makes me sad to think about all the many times he asked me to play wc3 with him but i told him i didn't play it anymore. We hung out and got to know each other at melee fc. i've told him many stories and he would laugh, probably at me or just because it was just a funny story. he was my favorite kish, and i've always told him that. i've talked to him many times on aim and on the phone it is very sad when i heard the bad news and it hit me very hard when i was at moast. I took some time to remember the many good times we had together, going out for that great geonities pizza in indiana and the many smash matches we had. We teamed up and beat kishprime and squared for pizza, he was very great. he also even gave me a pillow at Fc when i asked for one, what a nice guy. i was looking forward to coming back to Indiana just to visit him again....

"i played my 10,000 ssbm match with kishcubed"
RIP Daniel ill miss you.

BigDave

Smash Cadet
I'm truly sorry to all of Cube's family and friends. I only knew him briefly through FOB2 and MLG Chicago...but even before I went to my first tourney, I was anxious to meet him because of how kind and helpful he was to me. Please stay strong. I'll be praying that you all make it through this. Take care.

D

Deleted member

M3D why the edit? I don't think I said anything disrespectful...

My apologies.

A.Hills.Finest

Smash Journeyman

man I havent been on here in a long time and this was the last thing I expected too see right before I was about to get off the computer, I am really sorry to hear that and my deepest smypathy goes out to the ship and especially his 2 great bros.
You guys were nothing but nice to us from the first time we all met at fob II and then on. Stay stong.

cubed, you'll be missed.

Cloud Strife X

BRoomer
BRoomer
My extremely Strong condolences to the fallen member of the cube family and I strongly hope that he is in a better place now. My sincere sadness and heart goes out to all of the cubed family there is no strong depth of the sadness that I can show for the loss of 1 more human life so I will just say this.

R.I.P. cube and represent the kishes in heaven.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
long live

long live Daniel Kish. may he stay in our hearts forever. we all kno he's livin in a better place now. god, bless him as well as everyone else who has died recently(those in the tsunami disaster, iraq, reggie white, etc.)

yoshii

Smash Ace
I have never met KishCubed, but a while back I tried talking to the Kishes about a gaming event, "gencon". KishCubed was very friendly about it and offered his full support to help. Ive also heard he was one of best smashers.

Im sure he will be greatly missed all over the world.:(

Jit

Smash Journeyman
These are indeed sad news. It's something that I wouldn't expect to happen to anyone, especially someone young. My heart and prayers go to kishcube and the Kish family. I didn't know KishCubed but I've heard from different people that he was a really nice guy and a great smasher. I got to see how good he was by some videos. I'm sure everyone that knew him will miss him dearly as me and the rest of the community will. :( KishCubed's Sheik was an inspiration to all.
May he rest in peace.

Aqualicy

Smash Cadet
My sincerest condolances to the entire Kish family. I wish I, like many of you, had gotten the privilege to meet him. May his Sheik's legacy be an inspiration, and may he always remain in our hearts and thoughts.

Rest in peace, man.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Im very Sorry for your loss, I can understand how hard it is to have lost a very close relative. My deepest condolances to the Kish family. As a sprouting member of the smash community i wish i could have met him, and have an honorable match against his sheik. Even though i didnt meet him, i respected him very much. We will never forget you.

Rest in peace Daniel

Archel

Smash Rookie
I think Daniel deserves more than just a topic. There should be something done for him, a tournament in his name. I dont know something must be done, he deserves more...

Mabus

Smash Cadet
That is a good idea (though I feel bad about defining and knowing a man only by Smash Bros. Surely he accomplished more in his life that we do not know.)

Rumblin_KC

Smash Journeyman
RIP Dan Kish

I know I haven't posted in a LONG time, but this is an adequate reason to come out from the shadows. Dan was truly a great friend of mine. Sure, I only knew him for about 5 months, but over those 5 months we gained each other's trust and friendship. On numerous occasions he really handed me a thorough beating in Melee and/or Naruto, but win or loss I enjoyed the game because of his company. When his friends at Notre Dame and I heard about his tragedy, we were heartbroken instantly. Dan will always be missed by his family, his friends, and myself. May he rest in peace. We love you, Dan.

Blizzard Flames

Smash Cadet
I'm so sorry for bumping this, but I read about this yesterday, and its so sad that someone so closed to you passed away. I know he;s in heaven with God right now, watching over you.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I'd actually heard it was a car crash on his way to a tournament, and had no idea what the real reason was until I read the first post.
D:
I wish I could have met him or gone to one the FCs but I didn't start smash until late in '05 =(
RIP KishCubed

Top Bottom