• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To all md/va melee players

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
LMFAO

I'd feel bad for taking your money, Alan. Actually, nah, I'll take that **** and then fart on your shoulder.

Who do you use anyway? From what I know about how you think Marth or Falcon would be your best bet.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
fart on my shoulder. lmao
nvm take that bet back you win lol.

I'm gonna main falco, it's going to take alot of work but I'm up for it.

Do you think I should also practice using fox since he's more technical?

Omni

BRoomer
I think Fox and Falco are the two characters you SHOULDN'T use.

skyheart

Smash Lord
haha falcon is amazing! you should main him and omni lemme come over and **** you in some melee

Omni

BRoomer
haha falcon is amazing! you should main him and omni lemme come over and **** you in some melee
i may be rusty but i'm omni. dat aint happenin.

get enough people interested in a specific day for one of my HTC sessions and we can get a melee session in one evening

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
man i need melee training too @_@

who the hell lives near gaithersburg that can help me train??
I think Clyde lives pretty close to Gaithersburg.

And I know Winston and Wenbo live out there during break.

Why you say I shouldn't use him?

Trust me, I got this :)

Aight Hova, how we gonna play though??
If you're a spacy, your mistakes will get punished hard. That's probably what he meant anyway.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I thought he was just saying Fox / Falco are hard to play haha

@Bloodynite - Hit me / Gustav_wind up over winter break, we have like a month and a half off for CP

Omni

BRoomer
Why you say I shouldn't use him?

Trust me, I got this :)

Aight Hova, how we gonna play though??
because Fox and Falco won't teach you how to play Melee. at beginning, mid-level, and even some advance levels they are mindless tech characters.

i just know your style. i dont think either would be a good fit for you.

but hey prove me wrong

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
^ so are you suggesting that even people who plan on maining Fox/Falco should learn some other character first to "learn how to play melee", and then learn "mindless tech"?

Why is it wrong to learn it in the other order? I.e. learn the basic tech first, and then learn how to apply it?

skyheart

Smash Lord
because then you get stuck to a point where you have a lot of bad habits that are hard to get out of. im not trying to put anyone down or anything but sypher for example has some of the best techskill i've seen from anyone in md/va, i WISH i could do half the things he does. but even with that tech i dont think he's beaten me in tourney. like techskill can only get you so far

Omni

BRoomer
^ so are you suggesting that even people who plan on maining Fox/Falco should learn some other character first to "learn how to play melee", and then learn "mindless tech"?

Why is it wrong to learn it in the other order? I.e. learn the basic tech first, and then learn how to apply it?
im suggesting that i know Alan's play style and that Marth/Falcon would compliment his natural smart style of play moreso than a tech-skill oriented character

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
thanks guys but does anyone really know if there are melee tourneys in MD/VA where i could meet you guys in person beforehand? i know Chu has bi-weeklys that tend to have melee but is that it??

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
thanks guys but does anyone really know if there are melee tourneys in MD/VA where i could meet you guys in person beforehand? i know Chu has bi-weeklys that tend to have melee but is that it??
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=286369

Just look around the regional forums.

Also hope to see you here at Shell Shocked this Saturday, it should be close enough for you to make it. It's also fairly easy to Metro here, so no excuses!

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
im suggesting that i know Alan's play style and that Marth/Falcon would compliment his natural smart style of play moreso than a tech-skill oriented character
I know what your saying steven, but I've alway's had an alluring thing for falco.
Back when I start playing brawl and got into the community, I would always watch pc chris and I'm always like wow.

I would always take your advice though because you do know how I play. But I just got to stick with the bird man. I def. don't want to be an auto pilot ***** though lol.

P.S. told you I subscribed lol.

@ Bloodynite look in the atl forum and tournament listings. Get to know the community because knowing how you play wifi to get better, you don't have that opportunity in melee.

lol @ lobos, you would get wrecked with ganon.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
ah, I see. my bad

just play marth. falcon is too difficult, rofl i cant even play him right and hes been my main for years
yeah falcon is like impossible

because then you get stuck to a point where you have a lot of bad habits that are hard to get out of. im not trying to put anyone down or anything but sypher for example has some of the best techskill i've seen from anyone in md/va, i WISH i could do half the things he does. but even with that tech i dont think he's beaten me in tourney. like techskill can only get you so far
Well, ideally you wouldn't get the bad habits because you'd be playing people while learning the tech skill. It's still important to have.

And I don't mean you have to be insanely technical like Sypher, but I think it's hard to learn to "play smart" when you can't do the basic things that making the right decisions requires.

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=286369

Just look around the regional forums.

Also hope to see you here at Shell Shocked this Saturday, it should be close enough for you to make it. It's also fairly easy to Metro here, so no excuses!
hehe ill try man just depends if my mom has anything for me to do that day (i have to work for her company so she doesn't have to hire people)

CTL17

Smash Lord
Marth can be played smart with little tech. Take a look at Azen's Marth. FSmash! FSmash! FSmash! FSmash!

Just read and.... FSmash!

...FSmash!

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
lol Omni I just thought about your statement and kinda got confused.

if you are a mindless tech person, than you are a mindless tech person.

There are falco's and fox's out there that are very smart.
Zhu, pp, jman, lucky, mango, etc. just to name a few.

Omni

BRoomer
they're smart because they've bypassed the mindless tech phase. they've mastered all the techs and understand when and why to apply them based off whatever scenario and have done so repeatedly enough to know when certain tech isn't needed

all of the falco's you've named are extremely technical

i just think that tech phase is going to be a huge hurdle to your game and i'm going to have a lot of fun just gimping you everywhere

Bones0

Smash Legend
I would definitely say I was one of those people that learned most of the tech stuff before actually learning to play the game. I would just do Falco pillaring on Fox on FD, and I actually am glad I learned in that order. Once I began actually playing humans, I didn't feel as restricted by what my fingers were able to do so I was able to learn a lot faster. The people I play with now frequently get distressed because when I explain what they are doing wrong in a certain situation, they have to learn a new tech before they can actually progress. Like one of the players rolls way too much, but without WDing OOS he doesn't really have many other options so he's been trying to learn that so he can break his habit of rolling.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
With gamecube controllers?? i don't understand what you're asking

Mindless tech is fun!!

Don't listen to Steve, my drunk falco ***** 90% of all smashers
nooooooo!!!!!! lol

I mean at your place or my place??

skyheart

Smash Lord
lol Omni I just thought about your statement and kinda got confused.

if you are a mindless tech person, than you are a mindless tech person.

There are falco's and fox's out there that are very smart.
Zhu, pp, jman, lucky, mango, etc. just to name a few.
haha you basically names all of the best basically you missed a few like shiz and axe etc. but they are more technical than most falco/fox's in the world. oh and dont forget m2k

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
10 bucks says i take 10 bucks from wenz if he ever money matches me for 10 bucks
lolol that's a $20 you get.
Don't lose though.;)

Also @ the azen comment, Azen wouldn't **** with those mindgames in today's metagame. That **** was so 05 - 06. lol

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Everytime Azen shows up to an event he either wins .... I think one time he didn't losing to Eggm like early this year but that's it, he's won everything else he went to I think..

H2YL still fireeeeee

Top Bottom