• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TM18 Rain Dance - December 7th, 2013 - *******, GA

Player-1

Smash Legend
TM18 Rain Dance
December 7th
Introduction:

Smash tournaments at a youth center-like building. We'll be running brawl, melee, project m, and smash 64 provided we have enough setups for all of them.

If you're coming from the Movies 400 side then the road is RIGHT before you drive over the 400 bridge on your right, if you're coming from the other side then it's right after the bridge on your left.
There's lots of places to eat nearby: Taco Bell, Cicis, IHOP, Subway, Burger King, McDonalds, Krystals, Dairy Queen, KFC, Popeyes, Chick Fil A all within 5 minutes of the venue.

Schedule:
Doors open and registration starts at 12:00 PM
Brawl/Melee Doubles and/or another side event will start at 1:00 PM
Brawl/Melee Singles will start after, expect it around 3-4 PM
PM will start after Brawl Singles finishes

We can really run a tournament for any game people want, you guys just have to bring the game and get enough support for it. This can be anything like Project M or melee to Super Mario 64 racing.

Prices and Payouts:

Venue Fee is $5

Brawl Singles and Doubles will be $5 and $1 per person for doubles

Melee Singles will be $5 per player
Melee Doubles will be $5 per player

PM will be $5

Singles will be 60/30/10
Melee Doubles will be 70/30 or 60/30/10 if more than 7 teams
will be 60/30/10 if there's 7 teams or more otherwise it will be 70/30
Brawl Doubles will have winner take all and they get to name the next TM event

Rules:
[COLLAPSE="Brawl Rules"]

Brawl Ruleset:
Apex 2014 Ruleset: TBA
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Project M Rules"] Project M Rules:

* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF and set to NONE
* Buffer OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* If a match ends with both players dying at the same time resulting in Sudden Death, a 1-stock rematch will be played out on the same stage.
* All Finals matches will be Best of 5 format.
* If each player has one stock remaining and the match ends due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the player who initiated the move wins.
* Non-first party controllers must be inspected by TO staff before use in tourney.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Dave's Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick a stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* Player's Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this ruleset if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process. In the event of a disagreement, house rules stand.
* Double Blind Character Picks: Players may elect to double blind pick their characters for the first match in case of any disputes.

Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in "122112" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes the next two stages.
4. Second player strikes one stage.

Stages

Starters
Battlefield
Dream Land 64
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks
Dracula's Castle
Green Hill Zone
Metal Cavern
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rumble Falls
Wario Ware
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

After each match:
1. Winner announces TWO(2) stage bans.
2. Loser chooses a Counterpick stage.
3. Winner chooses their character.
4. Loser chooses their character.
[/COLLAPSE]

Melee Rules:
Apex 2013-http://www.apex-series.com/rules/melee/
Contact Info:
If you're running a bit late or something and still want to register then we might be able to work something out or if you're having trouble finding the venue then either way you can call me at 678-910-8096

Setups:
Please bring setups to use. Wiis/Gamecubers/TVs and stuff so the tournament can run more efficiently

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
So you can't go to ANY CP stage with MK? Unless y ou main MK in game 1? Personally i prefer to bring MK to CP stages. In some old FL tourneys that Viper ran, we had a pretty awesome rule where MK couldn't CP you to any stage with a transparent floor. aka delphino, halberd, brinstar. and that worked pretty good.

Tell me how this MK rule works. :D

Player-1

Smash Legend
Basically the only way MK should be able to play on a CP stage is if MK won game 1 and the opponent decides to bring them to a CP stage anyway. Example would be like Diddy or Olimar might want to take MK to PS1 which is fine. A player can't be CPing a stage AND go MK though.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Another rule I'm going to try to implement, for doubles if you are power ranked you're not allowed to team with another power ranked player.

Hopefully this encourages more people to enter teams

:phone:

Player-1

Smash Legend
1 week away guys, get your rides setup and please bring setups for brawl and any other games you'd like to play

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
Ok, I plan on coming to this now. However, is it possible that I can arrive on Friday and be housed, anyone? Megabus times are super dumb and Friday/Saturday arrival times are either 6:05AM or 6:05PM. So if I get the Saturday ticket, I either wait outside the station in the morning cold for 50 years or I miss half the tourney.

Help pls, anyone? I'll give you a big hug. :3

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I'm pretty confirmed now. And who wants to team? I need a non-PR player to team w/ I'm pretty open to ideas on how teams are played, but I know team work & team spacing is above all. PM me if you are interested.

DRN

Smash Lord
Ok, I plan on coming to this now. However, is it possible that I can arrive on Friday and be housed, anyone? Megabus times are super dumb and Friday/Saturday arrival times are either 6:05AM or 6:05PM. So if I get the Saturday ticket, I either wait outside the station in the morning cold for 50 years or I miss half the tourney.

Help pls, anyone? I'll give you a big hug. :3
Someone help this man :(

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
Welp, this is looking like a no-go for me. No worries, 100% my fault. I should have planned earlier.

I'll make more of an effort to make arrangements for the next one if I have time to go.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
This'll be like my second tourney!LOL I might actually come to this!
Need a doubles partner,though.If a ZSS or IC's wants to team with me I might go Ness all the way in doubles.
I'm not great,though,only decent.

ChillinPuma

Smash Rookie
In for Melee and PM!
I live in the Atlanta area so if people need a ride locally I should be available, but I don't want to make plans too early in case something comes up on my end. If you think you might need a ride let me know and we'll work something out (b'.')b

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
I'll probably need a ride from Stone Mountain or somewhere I can marta too once I can confirm time off work for thisssss.

Player-1

Smash Legend
By the way the doubles rule about not being able to team with someone not on the PR may be adjusted at the tournament to exclude the lower half of the PR, that is, Spade, LionArmor, and Gadiel VaStar if need be (as in more people on the PR are looking for teamates than there are available)

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Hopefully i can see about megabusing here.
Anybody here ever use megabus?
Cuz i haven't :p

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Weeeeeeelllllll, whats it like?
I heard it's pretty awesome and convenient.
Even served as a sponsor.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The hours aren't always perfect, but the bus is comfortable and the price is quite reasonable if you pay a good way in advance. Comes recommended if you have someone to get you on the other side.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Yeah, i would need someone in Atlanta to get me to ******* because it seems that megabus's options are limited and it can't go straight to *******.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
I should be here. And once again, I wanna enter doubles, so if you want to team with the worst person here I'm available.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Yeah, i would need someone in Atlanta to get me to ******* because it seems that megabus's options are limited and it can't go straight to *******.
You'll need to let people know what kinds of times you can possibly go with before they can make plans to help you out.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
I am confident...that 25% of the people here can/will 3-stock me.
But yeah lookin' forward to this. And by the way, although I doubt that it would happen, I think it would be really cool if Smash 64 could take place.

Player-1

Smash Legend
If there's enough interest for it then I don't mind having a tournament for it, we just need setups and interest

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
You might and want to try to find someone close to KMAN. I know he commonly travels from somewhere in TN to GA tournaments.

If anyone know KMAN on facebook see if he is coming to this.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
You might and want to try to find someone close to KMAN. I know he commonly travels from somewhere in TN to GA tournaments.

If anyone know KMAN on facebook see if he is coming to this.
I know him as of recently on SWF and skype. Thnx for the info!

Top Bottom