• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TM18 Rain Dance - December 7th, 2013 - *******, GA

Player-1

Smash Legend
Next date is announced for TM 21 Frustration.

Gonna try a new pricing system and see how it goes. It's going to be $10 for both brawl singles AND doubles or if you want to just enter doubles $5 for doubles (per person). Doubles right now is not scheduled to have a prize and all the money will go to singles payout. This is to try to get more doubles teams and more single entrants both, plus this a good money saver so you guys don't go totally broke so fast and can keep coming to events! There might be a small prize for doubles like free food or free entry to the next event or some other novelty prize, still trying to get that worked out. But the price cut is to make improving in smash more affordable to people so event though doubles isn't going to be worth much, try to take it seriously so everyone can improve.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I need to brush up on my 64 ability.

Hope to see more people out for Project M. All these GA people who don't go to any events...

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Yeah, 64 had good interest but we had one setup for the whole tourney in use. Actually two, but there were only three controllers so that was kinda inconvenient. Maybe listing it as an event would help with the setup issue?

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
Smash 64 is awesome! I'll ask for this day off tomorrow, so I'll probably be able to make it. Gotta step up my brawl game for this, though!

SKID!

Smash Rookie
I have somewhat of a random question and possibly a dum one, so the new money thing is that I get to play brawl singles AND doubles for just ten dollars total? and the other is that if I change my name is that frowned upon? because ive been to two as "skid" but im considering a change.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Nah, nobody's gonna frown upon you for changing your name, but about the other question I'm sure you can enter singles without entering doubles, if that's what you were asking.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Even if people don't really care either way, depending on how often people are used to calling you something, you might not be able to shake the name with them. For example, an old Brawl player in AL used to go by shaSLAM for a couple years and eventually tried to change his name to "Deptford Goth," but everyone was so used to calling him "Slam" that it was never meant to be.

No harm in trying, though, right?

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
I've definitely coming to this next one, no questions asked.

Also, Player-1, can the same, exact housing situation that was supposed to happen last time work for this event? (I arrive a day before at 11:20pm, leave at 11:30am) The Megabus times are exactly the same.

Oh, and I can bring two set-ups for Smash64. One on laptop and the other on console (No TV, though it's not impossible for me to bring a TV if need be). However, I only have three N64 controllers...

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
what that was a one time thing? ;.; I thought that one guy running the series wanted to make it more mainstream and had so many plans for it

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
I dunno, like I said P1 can nswer that better than I can simply because he's running it. Or did run it...

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
"That one guy" used to run a used game store that was called WABA. He showed up to show his appreciation to the community, as the event was sort of a shout-out to the business. As far as I'm aware, there were never any plans to continue it as a series.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
what that was a one time thing? ;.; I thought that one guy running the series wanted to make it more mainstream and had so many plans for it
Yes, WABA was a one time thing. I am glad to hear that you are anticipating another large event. There are plans on hosting another large tournament, but all details are still in the works. We want everyone to have the best experience possible at all GA tournaments.

What you might be thinking of is oomba which is a the online evolution of the WABA games store(which the tournament was named after).

@Mr. Zero you don't want a low tier tournament in the GA region, trust me.

DRN

Smash Lord
Yes, WABA was a one time thing. I am glad to hear that you are anticipating another large event. There are plans on hosting another large tournament, but all details are still in the works. We want everyone to have the best experience possible at all GA tournaments.

What you might be thinking of is oomba which is a the online evolution of the WABA games store(which the tournament was named after).

@Mr. Zero you don't want a low tier tournament in the GA region, trust me.

WABA wasnt a one time thing as long as the new smash doesnt come out before next summer.

Also salt that everyone thinks P-1 is the main person behind it.

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
I might be coming to this after 12pm for singles, will registration for it still be open?

i guess a better question to ask is when does registration close for singles?

Tlock

Smash Apprentice
How big is PM looking for this? I'm probably coming for melee and with a PM setup regardless, but i'm trying to get a couple of friends to come with me and they really only play PM.

-Chad-

Slackerator
I will be here for melee and I will also play pm.

Play meeeeeeee in the friendlieeeees

btw how many people are coming to this? I can't really tell.

Rawkuz

Smash Cadet
Sweet, 2 tourneys in less than a week. I feel like getting back into smash, quick question though. Whats the expected turnout for brawl? Havent played in years.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
We usually have something like ten people. Not a lot of regular players these days.

Top Bottom