• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TLGD: Zange-chan Social- Toon Goons for Life

G-Dub

Smash Journeyman
Haha, there was a Marley fest this past weekend In austin Texas. It was soooooooooooo hype. Thousands of potheads and peace lovers. And cops didn't care what we did. I'm taking a small break until 4/20 cause of that day
How many of da TL's chief on da green stuff??? from what ive seen pretty much errry body :p

The Zedi Wonder

Smash Rookie
Howdy ho, I've been playing Toon Link since I unlocked him in 08. Finally deciding to step up my game a little, although I do like to think I'm quite good as TL.

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
Its been 2 years, but I'm giving Toon Link another shot. There is no one really in my region that I can seriously ask for advice, share techniques, etc. so I will try to depend on the toon link boards for tips on how I can further refine my gameplay with him. To be honest, the only thing I've lost over time is my speed, but that can be polished with a little unrusting I believe.

-Stridez

Kraezy

Smash Rookie
Hi TL board. I just started playing smash again after a Long break, and I'm trying to get better. Most people in my area are pretty even but there is one guy that has always been better than everyone else. At the only tournament we went to (2-3 years ago) he only lost to reflex and the guy that beat reflex in the finals. I want to get that good eventually. What advanced techniques are absolutely necessary to play TL well? I'm sure there is going to be much more for me to learn but that seems like a start. TLs projectile game seems so technical ha, and I'm having to learn on a tv that has a little bit of lag. I can do the shda and other variations of quickdraw ok, sometimes I can reverse it but other times that throws off my timing so I'm going to practice that. I started trying to get some of the AT down and I can bomb drop, instant throw bombs, JC throw, Ibomb, rar, pivot zair, trying to learn how to do the aerials with the bomb in hand but having trouble doing it consistently. Not sure if I should learn dacus, is it much better than hyphen smashing? Just wondering what all else would be practical and useful in a match really. Other than that, while playing my focus is on spacing, and improving my edge game.

The Zedi Wonder

Smash Rookie
Is it even possible to pivot in midair? I've never been able to turn around in midair without throwing a bomb, maybe pivot Zair is possible then :/

Kraezy

Smash Rookie
You pivot before jumping, I read it in the AT section, but I may have called it the wrong thing. I would think you don't really want to do it unless you read that they will try to shield grab you rather than try to attack you during your approach or you will just bair or dodge instead, think rar, air dodge past and z so that you come out behind them with the hookshot, seemed to me like a tricky way to approach and maybe pull off a grab among other things. I don't believe you can do any turns mid air without using a projectile, granted I'm not a very advanced TL player, I can use him somewhat proficiently when the glitches are taken out of consideration because he was always my main, but they make everything so much flashier :p

Lobos

Smash Master
Goodbye my only friend,
Oh, did you think I meant you?
That would be so funny,
if it weren't so sad,
Well you have been replaced,
I don't need anyone now
When I delete you maybe
[REDACTED]

MJG

Smash Hero
[2:50:28 AM] PJ the savior of jerm revenger of ensis: help me
[2:51:12 AM] Averil Morrisette: ?
[2:51:49 AM] PJ the savior of jerm revenger of ensis: i need
[2:51:51 AM] PJ the savior of jerm revenger of ensis: u
[2:52:00 AM] PJ the savior of jerm revenger of ensis: to be
[2:52:04 AM] PJ the savior of jerm revenger of ensis: my brother
[2:52:12 AM] PJ the savior of jerm revenger of ensis: no matter what happens
[2:52:36 AM] Averil Morrisette: ok
[2:52:37 AM] Averil Morrisette: deal
[2:52:42 AM] Averil Morrisette: you aint gonna go rob a bank are you?
[2:52:53 AM] PJ the savior of jerm revenger of ensis: actually i killed someone
[2:53:09 AM] PJ the savior of jerm revenger of ensis: i mean it was either kille gnes or keep losing to him
[2:53:10 AM] PJ the savior of jerm revenger of ensis: afk
[2:54:44 AM] Averil Morrisette: oh
[2:54:46 AM] Averil Morrisette: understandable
[2:54:56 AM] Averil Morrisette: gnes broken

NearZzz

Smash Lord
[9:53:14 PM] Malcolm McNulty: PJ
[9:53:17 PM] Malcolm McNulty: dont be actin like that bro
[9:53:21 PM] Malcolm McNulty: u kno i got
[9:53:25 PM] Malcolm McNulty: da bes TL on the east coast
[9:53:29 PM] Malcolm McNulty: *****s call me
[9:53:45 PM] Malcolm McNulty: jermrulian1pjg

NearZzz

Smash Lord
[1:48:38 AM] pj: shugo" dayum pj u got dem cute *** eyes tho"
pj: i know *****"
shugo"lets **** in the elevator"
pj:ok"

napZzz

Smash Hero
[3:46:53 AM] pj: shugo is talking about that time i tried to get him to makeout with me @ pound in the elevator

This is one of your own. Claim him. I don't know him any longer.
I witnessed not only this but quite a few other things that nasty man shugo had to say in this skype chat

napZzz

Smash Hero
[2:39:57 AM] pj: jason rememeber when you told me you like to tie a belt around your neck while you jerk off and stink ur finger up yo booty

jason=L cancel

Top Bottom