• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips to up tilted side b?

Peppers

Smash Apprentice
Is there a CD between up tilted side b for recovery or am I just messing it up? Sometimes I will side b tilting my joystick up to assist with recovery and I will keep the stick in that position and instantly try to do it again but instead jiggs will just sing the 2nd time and I die.

GenNyan

Smash Ace
Side B directly right/left and then swing the analog stick upwards. That's by far the most consistent way.

rivers

Smash Cadet
yeah u just neutral side-b then slide up

I sang a lot by accident when I started playing puff too, you just have to grind it out.

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
I don't know the frame windows, but the way I taught myself was that you hold straight left or right on the analog stick then press B. Immediately after you press B, swing the analog up to a 45 degree angle in a fluid motion, not immediately jamming the stick. If I want to do another rising pound. I put the stick back to straight left or straight left and repeat.

If you're singing, then you're obviously are putting the analog at too high of an angle. I learned that I had to be diligent with those inputs to not sing to my death. It became a fluent motion after practicing for 10 minutes.

rivers

Smash Cadet
yeah pretty much this^

I don't know the exact frame timings but I've always just slid the stick up or down along the gate immediately after hitting B.

if you sing, you're hitting B while the stick isn't straight. If you are going for descending pound and rest by accident, once again, you're hitting B while the stick is angled, instead of hitting B, then sliding the stick.

Top Bottom