• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips to get better at edgeguarding

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Besides finding a suitable partner in real life willing to sit and practice with you until you get the hang of it because I apparently can't meet those conditions and because training mode in any of the smash games is not really a viable training mode.it's more of an exhibition mode of any thing where you can mostly practice moving around with your characters and trying follow ups.any suggestions?

TotallyToasted

Smash Rookie
I’m a sm4sh player, but also trying to learn melee. For sm4sh, training mode is useful for practicing two frame punishes, covering jump options, etc. but like you mentioned, it’s more difficult to cover other things. I recommend practicing against a level 3 cpu in regular smash mode, don’t practice reading the CPU, instead react to the cpu’s positional decision making offstage. If they go low to recover, practice learning where they’ll be vulnerable. If they go high, knock them back offstage. Try different things out, get creative, and good luck!

Top Bottom