• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips on killing?

yackamajez

Smash Rookie
NNID
yackamajez
My main problem in smash is killing the opponent. I know greninja's kill setups(dtilt airdodge 50/50, weak nair up smash/fair up throw airdodge 50/50, up tilt up air, dair shadow sneak) but my trouble is landing the initial hit to get the set up started. I also have trouble punishing airdodges. Any advice will be appreciated, thanks.

Derpnaster

Smash Journeyman
I actually don't try for the setups at all and I find they just happen. As for air dodges, delay your attacks when you predict a dodge. It throws off the timing

Nameless Pariah

Smash Rookie
Charging a Water Shuriken to punish is a great mix up that can lead to punishing with a fair/uair/ShadowSneak/etc

It takes a little getting used to due to the air stall that comes as a result of using your 1st WS in the air but with enough practice it can condition them into a mindset that you can use to punish easily.

Also Uthrow kills ~150% for most characters depending on weight so don't forget about that

Megamang

Smash Lord
If uthrow doesnt kill, threaten a uair. The uair can kill, you can fair or SS falling dodges, and you can hydro pump a jump for a kill.

You cant reactively do these, but they are safe. Choose based on learned habits of the opponent.

Top Bottom