• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for team smash.

cyanzi

Smash Rookie
So I'm going to a tournament but instead of 1v1s it's 2v2s. With 3 characters to worry about what is the best way to practice? Should I stick with practicing doing 1v1s/training mode or do 2v2s against cpu? Btw I know this is probably a stupid question but I am new to smash. Also any tips would be nice :)

Last edited:

sace

Smash Rookie
I think it’s better to work on synergy with your team mate. It’s good to try combo’ing a level 1 cpu to test you guys comboing one person together. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve only won like 6 double sets out of like 12. 2v2s versus CPU’s are nice but at tournaments it’s best to ask people if they’d be down to do doubles in friendlies. During the friendlies, analyze what you guys are doing right and what you guys are doing wrong and discuss it with your teammate. It’s how my friend and I went from 0-2 to 1-2 to 2-2. Don’t worry about losing!

cyanzi

Smash Rookie
I think it’s better to work on synergy with your team mate. It’s good to try combo’ing a level 1 cpu to test you guys comboing one person together. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve only won like 6 double sets out of like 12. 2v2s versus CPU’s are nice but at tournaments it’s best to ask people if they’d be down to do doubles in friendlies. During the friendlies, analyze what you guys are doing right and what you guys are doing wrong and discuss it with your teammate. It’s how my friend and I went from 0-2 to 1-2 to 2-2. Don’t worry about losing!
Thanks

cyanzi

Smash Rookie
It's going to be random tho and I don't know who my teammate will be

Top Bottom