• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice Tips for Spot Dodging Instinctively?

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Forgive me if there's a million other threads already discussing this, but there's one issue I constantly run into when I play Smash: spot-dodging. Whenever my opponent is charging me, I always instinctively shield and then when I'm grabbed, I think "damn I could've spot dodged!" But then when it happens again, I shield and am once more grabbed. I see some people online that are like gods at spot dodging; they know exactly when you're going in for an attack and when you're going in for a grab. Is there any tips I should keep in mind next time I play? I want to be able to spot dodge and avoid a grab without having to think about it. Any help you guys may be able to provide is much appreciated. Thank you!

Top Bottom