• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for clearing Event Match 51?

AlexJ15

Smash Cadet
I've cleared all event matches except 51. I've tried multiple times and I still can't do it. I want to finally get final destination so that I can have a place where I can practice combos, chain grabbing, multi-shinning and other stuff without having to worry about platforms. My main problem is the CPUs. All they do is spam jabs and approaching is difficult because my attacks are constantly getting interrupted by their jabs. Ganondorf spams up-B. Melee CPUs are just annoying in general.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
I've cleared all event matches except 51. I've tried multiple times and I still can't do it. I want to finally get final destination so that I can have a place where I can practice combos, chain grabbing, multi-shinning and other stuff without having to worry about platforms. My main problem is the CPUs. All they do is spam jabs and approaching is difficult because my attacks are constantly getting interrupted by their jabs. Ganondorf spams up-B. Melee CPUs are just annoying in general.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated :)
Don't worry; I don't like fighting CPUs either. See, they like doing jabs and grabs, rarely anything else. What would help immensely is by perusing the following article: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Flaws_in_artificial_intelligence#Super_Smash_Bros._Melee

I would say that Jigglypuff would be best for this event. When the event starts, run off the ledge. They'll follow you and try to edge-guard you. Grab the ledge, let go of it, and jump such that you grab the ledge. Repeat this pattern. Eventually, they'll self-destruct. Mewtwo will SD because it never stops charging Shadow Ball when it falls off the ledge. Giga Bowser may SD if he's teetering over the ledge trying to attack (his n-air and d-air will guarantee his SD). Ganondorf heavily favors up-B but sometimes SDs.

Now, I would not recommend Rest 'cause needless to say: whiff = your ass. However, it is effective for dealing with GB since he's got significantly less launch resistance than in Adventure Mode.

That said, if the above tidbits of information don't work for you, do what I do and get an Action Replay device. :)

AlexJ15

Smash Cadet
Don't worry; I don't like fighting CPUs either. See, they like doing jabs and grabs, rarely anything else. What would help immensely is by perusing the following article: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Flaws_in_artificial_intelligence#Super_Smash_Bros._Melee

I would say that Jigglypuff would be best for this event. When the event starts, run off the ledge. They'll follow you and try to edge-guard you. Grab the ledge, let go of it, and jump such that you grab the ledge. Repeat this pattern. Eventually, they'll self-destruct. Mewtwo will SD because it never stops charging Shadow Ball when it falls off the ledge. Giga Bowser may SD if he's teetering over the ledge trying to attack (his n-air and d-air will guarantee his SD). Ganondorf heavily favors up-B but sometimes SDs.

Now, I would not recommend Rest 'cause needless to say: whiff = your ***. However, it is effective for dealing with GB since he's got significantly less launch resistance than in Adventure Mode.

That said, if the above tidbits of information don't work for you, do what I do and get an Action Replay device. :)
I just cleared Event 51. Thank you for your advice! :)

Top Bottom