• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for applying pressure to opponents on platforms

Lanny

Smash Cadet
Does anyone have any advice for getting hits on opponents on plats and keeping them form getting down?

Short hop up air covers a good amount of plats but I find I need to make a very conscious effort to mix up my timings and do feints because if you just go for the earliest upair timing you'll hit shield most of the time and your opponent can just jump away.

Is jumping onto the platform and grabbing or jabbing a good option? I feel like there's plenty of time to react to it but maybe not.

Also for roy specifically, I find I sour spot enemies on plats pretty often and can't combo into another upair. Are there good followups from sourspot uair on plats?

xZRx

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7739-8489-3763
Id try mixing it up with s hop moves and then a quick up tilt//smash, they may not block the up tilt expecting another s hop. also mix up your s hop moves; n air has like 3 times it could potentially hit, so if they roll or unshield expecting it to be another uair you might get a hit in too.
doing a higher jump, quick fastfall to land on the plat, and grabbing someone (with out accidently fast falling back down to stage) is going to be pretty unlikely, i can see that getting punished by a lot of characters.

Kybou

Smash Rookie
Id try mixing it up with s hop moves and then a quick up tilt//smash, they may not block the up tilt expecting another s hop. also mix up your s hop moves; n air has like 3 times it could potentially hit, so if they roll or unshield expecting it to be another uair you might get a hit in too.
doing a higher jump, quick fastfall to land on the plat, and grabbing someone (with out accidently fast falling back down to stage) is going to be pretty unlikely, i can see that getting punished by a lot of characters.
What about for someone like jigglypuff who can’t main it to the platform in one jump?

xZRx

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7739-8489-3763
What about for someone like jigglypuff who can’t main it to the platform in one jump?
Well this is a roy//chrom section...
but generally being below someone on a plat puts them at a disadvantage, not being able to get to that platform in one jump just makes it easier for you to do air moves through the platform without actually getting stuck next to them by actually landing on it. If they are blocking moves, try switching up the timing, for example jump but dont attack right away, wait for them to unshield, and then maybe another quick d jump and air attack.

Lanny

Smash Cadet
yeah, I'm pretty sure puff can float in upair range under a plat until she runs out of jumps which is like a solid couple of seconds, no one has the patience to wait that out. It's even easier for her than Roy/Chrom who are on the ground/in jumpsquat for a period where they either can't attack or their quickest option is a laggy uptilt

Top Bottom