• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips and Preperation for a GC Controller

GoldPiplup64

Smash Rookie
I recently bought a GC Controller and adapter and I've never played with a GC Controller in Smash. I have used one before, playing GC
games at a friend's house. I know the layout but just never used it for Smash. So can someone give me tips to practice and some other tips?

Last edited:

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Just get a basic feeling for it. Once you’ve found a comfortable position for your hands, practice some movement in mock battles. Transitioning shouldn’t be a problem as long as you know which buttons to press, anyway.

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
A controller that you have to practice with in order for it to feel natural is a bad controller.

Last edited:

Mischiiii

Smash Apprentice
Well the only real practice is playing with it. Just do everything as always and you will slowly adapt to it. Thats the method for everything regarding a new controller or controller layout.

For example: i switched my Pro Controller layout to shild with left trigger instead of right and also i trained myself to use claw grip. Took about 3 days to adapt. Just practice. If online is to hard start with 9 bots.

Top Bottom