• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tipped Off 7 Results Thread!

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Thanks to everyone who came out and made this another successful installment of the Tipped Off series!
Special thanks go to Ron, and my girlfriend French Vanilla for helping me run the tournament and so much else. =)

Doubles Bracket:

1. Dr. Peepee+Hungrybox (228$)
2. Flaminroy+Linguini (114$)
3. Dark Sonic+Apollo (38$)
4. XIF+Druggedfox
5. Fullmetal+Soft
5. Chaddd+GAwes
7. Twitch+Gahtzu
7. Moogle+ -Chad-
9. IHaveSpaceBalls+PB&J
9. Ether+TheDoug
9. Nicaboy+Reddfox
9. Rekrul+AsianRaven
13. Playerplave+Emim
13. Nite+Tron
13. Alpha+DP
13. BBQ+Ron
17. Wafe+Zone
17. Cheap+Kosine
17. Snap+KOKingpin
25. ManBearPeach+Chipmunk

Singles Bracket:

1. Dr. Peepee (318$):falcomelee:
2. XIF (159$):peachmelee:
3. Nite (53$):falcomelee:
4. -Chad-:pikachumelee::foxmelee:
5. Druggedfox:foxmelee::falcomelee::sheikmelee:
5. Linguini:ganonmelee:
7. Flaminroy:foxmelee:
7. Articanus:marthmelee:
9. Nicaboy:sheikmelee:
9. IHaveSpaceBalls:samusmelee:
9. Chaddd:ganonmelee::foxmelee:
9. Dark Sonic:marthmelee::younglinkmelee:
13. Soft:jigglypuffmelee:
13. Reddfoxx:foxmelee:
13. Merck:falcomelee::foxmelee:
13. RJ:falconmelee:
17. Twitch:foxmelee:
17. Moogle:sheikmelee:
17. BBQ:marthmelee:
17. Gahtzu:falconmelee:
17. PB&J:foxmelee::icsmelee:
17. Tron:falcomelee::sheikmelee:
17. Fullmetal:marthmelee:
17. Apollo:peachmelee:
25. Ken:sheikmelee:
25. KOKingpin:ganonmelee::pichumelee:

Shout-outs to come later, thanks again everyone for coming out! See you all at Tipped Off 8 next year!

LLDL

Smash Hero
This was a really fun tournament to watch, especially Linguini vs PP.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Good job to Florida at doing great! Wish I could stop missing all of these tournaments.

Yeah. Nite's Falco seemed rather impervious the last time I played him at Tipped Off. I'm still little surprised he got 3rd place though. That's damm fine.

LLDL

Smash Hero
He did enter singles pools I believe, but he had school related obligations and had to go back to FL day 2 so couldn't enter bracket.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
1. Dr. Peepee (318$):falcomelee:
2. XIF (159$):peachmelee:
3. Nite (53$):falcomelee:
4. -Chad-:pikachumelee::foxmelee:
5. Druggedfox:foxmelee::falcomelee::sheikmelee:
5. Linguini:ganonmelee:
7. Flaminroy:foxmelee:
7. Articanus:marthmelee:
9. Nicaboy:sheikmelee:
9. IHaveSpaceBalls:samusmelee:
9. Chaddd:ganonmelee::foxmelee:
9. Dark Sonic:marthmelee::younglinkmelee:
13. Soft:jigglypuffmelee:
13. Reddfoxx:foxmelee:
13. Merck:falcomelee::foxmelee:
13. RJ:falconmelee:
17. Twitch:foxmelee:
17. Moogle:sheikmelee:
17. BBQ:marthmelee:
17. Gahtzu:falconmelee:
17. PB&J:foxmelee::icsmelee:
17. Tron:falcomelee::sheikmelee:
17. Fullmetal:marthmelee:
17. Apollo:peachmelee:
25. Ken:sheikmelee:
25. KOKingpin:ganonmelee::pichumelee:

update with pretty characters mike;). Had a great time fun as hell man. I believe we had 53 entrants although there were alot of people who didnt enter. :mad: Shoutouts tommorow.

Pi

Smash Hero
*uuuuuuuuuuuck more salty than ever that i couldn't go
and even salty that plup couldn't go
**** bro...w/e apex is coming up....*uuck

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Shout-Outs

Fullmetal: thank you for an awesome tournament worth driving to! It was great seeing you again and I can't wait for the next Tipped Off!
XiF: thanks for housing! Your place was freakin' sweet and seeing you is always a real treat. Also: congrats on 2nd!
Dr. Peepee: congrats on winning! Keep stacking it up and you'll win APEX for sure.
Dark Sonic: straight up best teams partner. Thanks for a great showing and keeping me awake on the way back home to Otown.
Gahtzu and Rekrul: awesome passengers make these trips 100x easier. Thanks for the conversation and directions during the trip.
Azian Raven, Hungrybox, Eikelmann: nice seeing you again and hanging out. Sorry you couldn't stay longer.
Nicaboy and Flaminroy: always good to see you two. Well done and try to come to SFL sometime so I can get my revenge!
Linguini: "you're my hero!" ayuss...
Merck: Sick Falco man, that set was exciting. I thought I had you after that first game, but you figured me out in the next two.

Other people I played: too many to count, but it's always fun playing different people. Good to see old faces still playing and to meet the new ones. Hope to see you all at the next Tipped Off!

Last but not least:
Buford Highway: classiest freakin' McDonalds and Arby's I've ever seen. WTF candelabras?

Nite

Smash Champion
is nite that falco? he still plays?
I have been playing with the locals recently. My first OOS tournament in a while, so it was mad fun. We have never played SW =( I will hopefully make it out to some majors in 2012

Thanks for the love people. I will do shoutouts probably tomorrow sometime. <3

Flamin Roy

Smash Ace
Time for the shout-out thread
FullMetal- Great Tournament, great turn out, great food, great day. Thanks for throwing this I had a blast.:)

French Vanilla- It was fun I forgive you for throwing my food away and I washed my glove as soon as I got home lol

Ron-a-Roni- Bro without you I wouldn't have made it to this Thanks again Glad to see you out there stylin on people lol

Linguini(A.K.A swagbot)- We did mad good in Teams. Glad to see we made Immortals bleed :D Good stuff in singles man reppin SoFLo hard!:bluejump:

Xif- :bee: Good job in singles I know you loved that falco bracket lol. The food after was op Thanks for the Birthday dinner <3

Twitch- I honestly don't know why I was rambling so much to you. I guess it's because your fox reminds me of my fox cept with better shield pressure :D I want to see you get mad good. Also Snake+Pit=Op team lolol:roll:

Dogysamich- The loud and obnoxious yelling at each other making people think we had beef WWE style was too good. Also your commentary is just simply amazing! Glad to see you out there and next time bring AH3 or I'll bring some pitchforks :mad:

Dr.PP- I still can't believe you said I smelled like a woman :woman: lol but overall great friendlies hope I'll see you in bracket some time soon :awesome:

-Chad-(pikachad)- Glad to see you come out bro you clocked in overtime with that pikachu in singles I definatly want to play you more I lack the pika practice :)

Dark Sonic- Good Job in both singles and doubles! Maybe next time we don't have to run into eachother again since we almost always do weather it's in pools or bracket lol:joyful:

Blade of Apollo- Great seeing you again man Glad to see you bodied people in doubles! we just had that rage drive to overcome you guys with the power of love and friendship:grin:

Snap- Slaty that I didn't get to play you I'm pretty sure I had a chance and gave it away for food:facepalm:

AzianRavn- Yo Throw me back a couple months and there you are! Good stuff in doubles man great to see you grape some kids. Mad fun seeing you again!

IHSB- Good stuff ****** me on stream lol good stuff in singles bro sucks you had to fight nite though

Articanus- Good stuff in singles man causing upsets all day!! You had so many tight battles where you just pulled through pretty impressive if you ask me.

BBQ?-Thought you were Chaddd for a minute still I'm salty we didn't play.:b:

Chaddd?-You were wearing BBQ's glasses:surprised:... Maybe next time we can play

Hungrybox- I wished you could have stayed bro but still I had some mad fun friendlies with you and an epic doubles set. I'm down for that checkers and Super Monkey Ball match if you're still up for it :D

Tron- You're good man with some practice I can see you being pretty beast mode

Nite- I'll have my revenge!!! lol nah man no johns you beat me pretty solidly. I definatly wanna get some friendlies with you next time we meet also good stuff in singles man you graped some people.

Soft- Good stuff overall man! Nice tight battles in tourny can't wait to see what the future has in store for you!

Kelly- It was good to see you even if it was for a short amount of time.

SleepyK- Man It's been forever since I last saw you was good to see you again man wish you could have stayed longer. I guess I can deal with that even if you left for a league tourny.

Daysoo!!!- Glad I could finally see you again! Your Kirby is mad legit beating that one guy and not getting 4 stocked and all good stuff:laugh:

Marty- Keeping Roy alive! I'm just happy you got that 4 stock on cam lol

Drugged Fox- Good stuff in singles wished you could have stayed fox or beaten pp

RedFoxx- Stay salty all day long! It was fun to finnally get to see you I may not have played you beat you definatly was worth the hype

MerckDaJerk- I had better expectations from you but good stuff overall man I want more friendlies next time

PB&J- Glad to see you out there man. And curse you and your nogotiation skills

If I forgot anyone I'm sorry. I didn't catch everyone's name so I may have had troublr recognizing some people.

:estatic:SHOUTOUTS TO MY STREAM MONSTERS:awesome:
Mango and Milktea- I believed in you guys :)

Kage the gulliable warrior- Great to see you tune in to this always remember "Haters gonna Hate"

Phanna- Through my 30 minutes of fame I'm glad you were one of the few people I talked to :D

Plup- I wish you were there I warmed a sit for you :(

Marsfool- Stay salty in jacksonville

Sfat- So about that shroomed guy... :p

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
wish i could have stayed longer
also wish my league tournament didn't end at 7 am

hope to see everyone again soon

Ambix

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:

spaceballs: O---------------O
mike: why u no go ROM4? D:
Nite: come to apex cutie.

The_Doug

Smash Ace
shout outs

Only got to stay for the first day but had a great time! Definitely worth the 10 hour drive to Georgia again; what a state... great people, great mall, lovely homes, shops everywhere... I could see myself living there someday!

Fullmetal - Top tier tourney host. Would really like to see ya host a major.

XIF - Awesome, awesome home. Makin' me jealous and definitely motivates me to save for a deposit/mortgage for a place like that someday. Couple of fun friendlies we had, but you obviously weren't warmed up when I won a game or two.

French Vanilla - Nice to meet you, and it was great in the ways you supported FM over the tourney.

HBox - Pretty fun friendlies at XIF's place. Gotta tell me how to lose weight like that.. I'm tryin! Down to 205 now wooo light-heavyweight division.

FlaminRoy - Fun pools match. I'll be salty over that SD on FoD, but hey it happens!

Soft - Fun times and games as usual. Salt incoming.... I swear to whatever god is holy I won't get rested that much in a competitive set ever, ever again!

IHSB - Once again a pleasure. Let me know if you find out anything about that Mel Brooks event.

Dr.PP - Teh preshessah! Back to the old school/new school conversation I definitely think the shield pressure game is one thing that has changed a lot. Good job on winning everything at TO7 including that epic money match. I haven't seen a $100+ stakes match for a long time, and it was fun plus hype to watch.

Twitch - Didn't get to play ya again unfortunately. Need to get some more games against a very solid and FaF Fox.

Alphagundam & DP - Really fun friendlies and tourney games. I swear this is the 3rd or 4th tourney I've gone to lately where friendlies practice ended in playing against that team 1st or 2nd round. Sorry I had to pull out an Armada at the end of that game.

GAWes - A pleasure again; gotta love that aggressive as hell Falcon. Hope you have fun in the UK again if ya head to Ed's wedding. Beat Charles a couple times too while you're there.

Chaddd - Nice to finally play you and actually exchange a few words. Definitely feared approaching that Ganon more than the Fox, haha.

Dogysamich - Too good commentary. Loud as a foghorn; you should be a military drill instructor. Damn right I did the drivin'.

Tron - Good pools match. You almost had me that first game.

AzenRaven - Probably the most fun I had playing friendlies cuz you're so funny. Man that wavedash back, wavedash back, wavedash back! It's the only thing I kept punishing ya with over and over, hehe.

Ian - Fun teaming with ya in friendlies at XIF's place. I swear every FL/GA player has a pocket Ganon and/or Falco.

The two guys... - I didn't recognize or know but they were talking about DrPP/Hbox matchup the whole time behind me and saying stuff like, "And the blue chicken scores another flaming bird attack on the pink marshmellow." FUNNY STUFF!

I have been playing with the locals recently. My first OOS tournament in a while, so it was mad fun. We have never played SW =( I will hopefully make it out to some majors in 2012

Thanks for the love people. I will do shoutouts probably tomorrow sometime. <3
Awesome. yeah well have to play sometime, falco players are my favorite to play =]
are you going to apex? were also holding a regional here in wa in march too, so you should check that out if youre interested.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Shoutouts!

Fullmetal: Again, THANKS FOR EVERYTHING MAN!!!

French Vanilla: I know I told you already but all of the help is always underappreciated at these types of events so THANK YOU again. =)

Hbox: GGs in the money match man, very hype stuff. Also thanks for da teams experience.

Linguini- GGs man, Ganon is big. My Marth will be ready next time. ;)

Nicaboy and Flaminroy- Great to see you guys again. GGs to both of you. =)

Cash Mooney- suhhhhhh

Dark Sonic- GGs in teams man, you're not bad. We should've gotten some singles in.

Apollo- Same as DS actually lol.

Nite- GOOD STUFF MAH BOYYY Falco <3 Also Marth swag matches were TOO GOOD lmaooo
we will play next time or I'm out lol

IHSB- <333 you're too funny man haha. Good stuff beating Twitch =(

Yoshiiscool- We'll play more in the future no worries! Let's keep talking about schtuffz

PBnJ- GGs man it was fun.

Soft- Goooood talk late night at Fullmetal's haha. Hopefully we can keep that going for both our benefits. =)

BBQ- Too much swag man omg srsly

Sleepyyyyyyy- Nah man don't worry you're a really smart guy so we will be able to work something out with that silly Falco issue. <3

XIF- GGs man you're too hype haha. MK2 was a good choice idc what you say LOL. =p

Chaddd- GGs man hopefully we will play more next event we're at!

GAWes- You're so chill DUDE! Let's hang more next time haha =)

Dogy- Maaaaad hype as always hahaha. Good talkin to you for a little man. Always a pleasure.

Cory- SO FUNNY OMFG LMAO

GofG- I will probably never bet you on anything LOL. It was a fun time bro.

snap- I heard that legit commentary some already. Good work sir. Also way to keep the car ride hype lol.

Twitch- How's that experience treating you??? To da labb

Thanks to all who came out and I got to play with! It was fun. =)

Nite

Smash Champion
Awesome. yeah well have to play sometime, falco players are my favorite to play =]
are you going to apex? were also holding a regional here in wa in march too, so you should check that out if youre interested.
I'm gonna try to, but it's pretty close, so probably not. Most likely I'll save up for something later in the year.

Ambix - ^^ =(

FlaminRoy - Haha yea ggs man. We'll have to play more next time. Good seeing you and nicaboy. Also, good **** in teams!

azianraven

Smash Journeyman
Fun *** tourney. I wish I could have stayed both days, but whatevs.

Shoutouts!

Linguini - Mad fun chilling with you again. We gonna get some more rocks during this winter break

FlaminRoy - Warren it was mad good seeing you again. You gotta come down sometime and chill with your SFL brethren again and congratz on the dat twenty!!

Nicaboy - It looks like your sheik is still good so we gotta play next time we meet up.

Rekrul - We definitely need to do teams more because we straight up bodied for our first teaming up. I'll try to visit lando when I can.

Apollo - It's always good seeing you, Jav. Your peach always gets me, but come drunk MM time there will be dominance from my end!

Gahtzu - You such a funny guy to get lit up with, Jason. I love playing your funny *** falcon. Also, your flash jacket is siiiick

Dark Sonic - Gabe you get too distracted by your Project: M lol and troll tactics with Y Link. Good seeing you.

XIF - Thanks a ton for letting us stay at your place and you gotta send me all that music we were listening in the car. Bramble Blast slayed me so hard.

The Doug - Your peach is so weird. Definitely some of the most fun I had playing there. So much stupid stuff in our matches lol. Don't try me with puff =P

Ether - Your marth is scary. I wish I got to play you a little more, but you did get me and Rekrul in teams so I guess that's cool. Hope we run into each other in another tourney.

PP - Thanks for playing me a couple matches. I'm really glad I got to see your style facefront. Keep drilling those puffs into the ground.

BBQ - You almost had us in our teams match. You and Ron were pulling hard on us. We should play some more singles and you should play your salty marth lol

Ron - Good **** with running the tourney with FullMetal. I'm glad everything went along smoothly. You almost gave me and Rekrul a run for our money in bracket.

GAWes - You just straight up wrecked me in pools. I have no idea what I was thinking in those matches. We gotta play next tournament I see you because I'm salty as fuhhh

Moogle - Good matches in pools. I'm going to get your shiek next time, I promise you that.

DruggedFox - I'm glad I got to play you in tourney because I really like your style with fox. Your shines are devastating.

Tim - I don't know your tag, but keep playing man. Fun *** friendlies

Hbox - Thanks for the drive all the way there yo. It got a little shaky but we pulled through like bosses.

Eikelmann - Nice to see you again, Ian. Glad we got to at least play some at XIF's. Still nasty as always

BBQ°

Smash Champion
ayyyy you guys add me on facebook. I don't really use smashboards anymore.
http://facebook.com/anthony.gonzalez1

I'm just gonna make my shoutouts quick, but know I love you all more than you can imagine.

myztic- you're really good. just don't choke in pools. and I still think you have one of the coolest falcos.
pp- playing against your fox in friendlies helped me see more of the game. inspiring.
spaceballs- I love playing against your samus. one of these days I'm gonna roadtrip to you just so we can play a lot.
nicaboy- i'm gonna get you soon
hbox- i respect you so much, and thanks for the money match.
nite and nite's black guy friend- shoulda played more, love you guys.
twitch- thank you for helping me warm up before my singles matches. I did really good thanks to you.
ron- thanks for teaming with me man, it was definitely a fun experience
fullmetal- my life wouldnt be the same without you. keep changing the world man.
sleepyk- i miss you so much.
druggedfox- thank you for playing with me in all those friendlies. it seriously means a lot.
everyone else- :)

this tourney really motivated me. I'm out for bloooood.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Ian - Fun teaming with ya in friendlies at XIF's place. I swear every FL/GA player has a pocket Ganon and/or Falco.
Thanks. An honour to finally get to meet a euro legend like yourself. Though, I think you're nuts for having moved over here for good lol

And i main ganondorf haha :p

My shout-outs won't be too big, but, in order of appearance:

Juan "Hungrybox" Debiedma: You're one of my closest friends, and we haven't ventured like that before. It was fun, and I'm sorry that you didn't perform as you should have. I can't wait to support you at the next tournament which is meaningful to you as I have for the past 4/5 years. Thank you so much for making this possible for me by driving. It's not often I get to attend good tournaments anymore.

Alexander "Xif" Campos: You're such a nice guy, and your housing was greatly appreciated. I enjoyed playing you in pools, and I hope to perform better against you next time! I hope that you get around to seeing this. :)

Chad "Chadddd" DuBay: I'm not sure if you've ever gotten a compliment like the one you gave me from any of your favourite players before, but you've been one of my main inspirations since 2007 when I first started playing, and I've never felt more accomplished in my life after your words of endearment. It was great to see you, and I'm so glad you're playing again. A shame I wasn't able to stay longer so that we could talk about Breaking Bad stuff. Thanks for the friendlies and the words of wisdom.

Brandon "Nite" Robello: I had fun playing casuals with you! I've always said that you're the Zhu of the South. Glad that you got some more recent exposure at this. Thanks for the compliment, too. I hope that we can meet up and play again sometime soon.

Michael "Fullmetal" Buchheit: Thanks so much for hosting another great and successful event! I had a lot of fun, and I'm sorry that I was required to leave early and withdraw my entry from the tournament. I look forward to attending your next Tipped Off.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Dunno how many people will read this (or even care lol) but I did want to say that this was (probably) Columbus' last tournament. We've been at it for.... damn.... too long. Since '05. It was a blast, and maybe we'll see everyone again sometime. For those that I saw, if that was the last time, then it was fun. If we decide to RISE FROM OUR GRAVE one last time, we'll let you know. Thanks everyone, it's been a hell of a ride!!

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Are vids coming out for TO7? I wanted to see my teams matches that I think SleepyK recorded.
Ya sorry for a super late reply but some are up. Tim was having some laptop issues but he is doing his best slowly but surely. They will come in due time but now I feel its gonna get super over shadowed by apex vids.

Look up zydin on youtube thats his username.

:phone:

.Chipmunk.

Smash Ace
Sleepyk's youtube channel is durhamred. He hasn't uploaded anything yet. I don't think you played any matches on my setup Ether, at least. I'm fairly sure I don't have anything with you in it and I recorded everything.

Top Bottom