• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TIMS3:: Shoutouts/Results Thread

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
Team IOWA's "Monthly" Smashfests 3
Brawl and Melee, both Singles and Doubles Results
Springfield, Illinois
October 17th, 2009

SSBB Doubles (7 Teams):
1: chewyy + Kirk ($42.00)
2: Ripple + ook ($21.00)
3: an8676 + Dart ($7.00)
4: Legan + Toga
5: Nuris + Future
5: Iggy + Anubis Ocelot
7: Krieg + Gooey

Bracket (clicky):

SSBM Doubles (16 Teams):
1: Tink + Vro ($96.00)
2: Genoblast + darkatma ($48.00)
3: Sveet + Bzoo ($16.00)
4: Tomacawk + microwave
5: brawlpro + BlackPanther
5: Iggy + Anubis Ocelot
7: Legan + Toga
7: ripple + TDK Samurai
9: Dart + Gooey
9: Lixi + Book
9: Nuris + Blitzbolt
9: an8676 + Krieg
13: Red + Bacon
13: tdkCody + tdkKourck
13: _OraNoS_ + doomshroom
13: Guy + chewyy

Bracket (clicky):

SSBB Singles (16 Entrants):
1: Chewyy ($96.00) :dedede:/:popo:
2: ook ($48.00) :dk2:
3: Ripple ($16.00) :dk2:
4: Kirk :Ike:/:Snake:
5: Andydark :peach:/:shiek::zelda:
5: DLA :ganondorf:/:gw:/:dk2:
7: Toga :wario:/:ganondorf:
7: Future :yoshi2:/:rob:/:marth:/:popo:
9: cgpr4life2
9: Legan :link2:/:marth:
9: Nathan :snake:
9: money :peach:
13: Geoff
13: Gretchen A
13: Dark Kakashi :olimar:/:lucario:
13: Radium :kirby2:

Bracket (clicky):

SSBM Singles (32 Entrants):
1: Tink ($192.00)
2: Darkatma ($96.00)
3: Iggy ($32.00)
4: Book
5: Ripple
5: Future (Legan)
7: BlackPanther
7: Lixivium
9: Vro
9: Geno
9: Tomacawk :fox:/:falcon:
9: Dart1337
13: Sveet
13: Toga
13: Nuris
13: Jebus
17: tdkKourck
17: Anubis Ocelot
17: Blitz
17: brawlpro
17: Gooeybanana
17: Doomshroom (:mario2:/:falcon:) :jigglypuf/:popo:
17: tdkCody
17: an8676
25: Krieg
25: Dave
25: tdksamurai (always last place in our hearts)
25: microwave
25: Nude
25: Studly
25: tdkGuy (forfeit, had to leave)
25: Bzoo

Bracket (clicky):

My Shoutouts:
Thanks to everybody for coming and making this so awesome.
Especially to the members of Team IOWA who helped me run this, including doomshroom, redler, chewyy (for brawl) and tdksamurai.
(others later)

Tomacawk

Smash Master
This tournament was ****ing great. Everybody was chill as hell.
Shoutouts-
Georgio-dude. We're starting to not be ****ing awful teammates. Good **** man, lookin' forward to winning $ with you next time. I guess it's best if I just change characters depending on who we're playing...it worked out pretty well. and dude you were WAY too clutch against bp + bpro. Good win!
vro-dude we never even played singles you jerk. but it was ****ing awesome to kick it with you again, and teams with u and tinky was too fun. we even took a few games =) .
tinky poo-hahahahaha. wayne, you're a lot of fun to play with, and I enjoy running the train on your falcon in dittos. BTW, you didn't take any of my money this time!!! and dude your falco is ****ing gay in doubles. whenever you were anywhere near me I got demolished, lol
Iggy-you're reall y****ing good. You were sandbagging so hard at my house but you still ran the train on me with weegee in dubs, lol. and dude THANKS FOR GIVING ME MY WALLET!!! That right there was highest performance of the day IMO. especially now that I don't have a job, ifI woulda lost the $ in my wallet I woulda been totally ****ed.
Anubis (your name is jay, right?)-dude you seem really nice and laid back, and you were fun as ****.
ripple-when the **** did you get so good? I don't see you for like 3 months, and you're magically better than me again. ****. I gotta step up. And you're a **** for stealing so much money from me :) but you played beastly in the falcon mm, so I can't really be too upset. I don't think my playing at my best would have been able to beat the way you were playing.
my crew-great job running the tourny, guys. everybody appreciates it and it ran smoothly, besides doubles taking like 6 hours lol
peoria-wtf. anthony, josh, stop beating me. lol. seriously. stop it. you two are getting scary good really fast. anthony, i was watching you play some fox, too, and your fox was good as well. your secondaries are all really good, keep them sharp and you can counter pick characters at will like I do. it's a pretty solid edge. dave, you played really good in crews. the reverse knee on my up b was ****ing nice. rashad, great placing. you're lucky I didn't play you in brackets =D I got those fox dittos all day son! and dave, you need to slow down in your games and think about what you do. look for patterns in what people do, and abuse it. watch yourself and take note of something you're doing that you're being punished for
STL-thanks for bringing half the tournament. you guys are really ****ing good, I had no idea.
Atma- what the ****. You absolutely demolished me in pools, but next time you're getting the falcon =)
lixi-we played a great set, it's too bad I was on the losing end, but it's all good. I'll get you next time!
brawlpro-good to see you again dude. technical foxes gotta stick together!
legan-wow. i watched ur link at smym9 and didn't think much of it, but I played you a little bit and watched you, and you have a great link. you make really smart decisions and the bomb combos are intense. you have some insane ****ing recoveries, too. I CANT ledge guard you. lol. it isn't possible. Next time you hook on the ledge I'm just gunna multishine at the top of the ledge and wait, lol
everybody I housed, you guys were polite, didn't trash my house, and iggy even folded his blanket!!! it was fun as **** guys, thanks for taking the extra 40 minutes to get here!

ook

Smash Lord
SSBB Singles (16 Entrants):
1: Chewyy ($96.00) :dedede:/:popo:
2: ook ($48.00) :dk2:
3: Ripple ($16.00) :dk2:
4: Kirk :ike:/:snake:
5: Andydark :peach:/:shiek::zelda:
5: DLA :ganondorf:/:gw:/:dk2:
7: Toga
7: Future
9: cgpr4life2
9: Legan :link2:/:marth:
9: Nathan :peach:
9: money :snake:
13: Geoff
13: Gretchen A
13: Dark Kakashi :olimar:/:lucario:
13: Radium :kirby2:
Some of the characters (I think...)

Fun tourney, shoutouts later

Tomacawk

Smash Master
pshhhhhh tommy
we'd rather have you attended than not attend
i'm not sure how we're lucky you didn't come

Teh Future

Smash Master
fun tourney Oranos, thanks for hosting. The only thing I would suggest is next time getting a megaphone LOL.

I used Yoshi/ROB/Marth/ICs in singles (brawl).

Toga used Wario/Ganon?

other than that I dunno.

Also I found a boomarang wtf.

Dart

Smash Lord
Shoutouts!:
Team IOWA, Good **** guys! awesome tourney, 1-1 in crews next time its GAME OVER for you guys XP
Tomacawk: Wow man those friendlies at the tourney were like the definition of my day, the business.
Ripple: No more roy? sadness...but your Dk still *****, rashad couldn't do **** on FD XD
Gambit and Nick: Vengeance is ours! revenge for SMYM9 at last, good job guys way to keep it close!
Brawlpro: Techy fox, just like BlackPanther...its too bad i play him so hella much im just so used to em'
Darkatma: Zelda is a *****! 3 stocking me on yoshis definitely bruised the pride a bit but i beat just about all your other characters ;)
Blitz: Textbook falco with those sweetspots! had me sweatin' the whole time keep it up!
Guy: sorry about giving your sheik the business but you seemed a bit off yesterday oh well ggs
Kourck: At TTR you whipped me good and i didn't know why...i guess ive come a long way from then, ggs
Reddler: thanks for helping me warm up before the whole tournament :)
Gooey: GOOD GOD, why can't you play in tournies like you did in the fckin crew battle?! Waveland off stage to double jump knee on Ripple was too effing good
Anthony: Dude we're str8 rippin' good ****
Krieg: First tourney in a long road of future tournies to come! keep playin peach, i get tired of being ***** by her.
TINK: Thank you for playing fox, that just made my day. me 3 stockin on battlefield earned me alot of praise, lets play again!
Legan: your link is 2good, It was an AWESOME set and it was intense as hell but GGs!
Samurai: we never even played singles jerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk! keep that pikachu mad cute and ill be happy <3
Elmwood guys: sorry we didn't play/talk much, i was in the fckin zone! howd you guys do?
STL/Chicago: Thanks for coming! You put alot of diversity into this bi-monthly and it really made things hella fun, lets play again soon!

And Lastly: Much love to Ripples mom for giving me a ****load of snacks and things that are unhealthy, ^_^ and for letting us stay!

Kirk

Smash Champion
Fun tourney. I was just wish there was more of a Brawl turnout. xD

Shoutouts later, perhaps.

I have videos of Brawl Doubles Grand Finals, Brawl Singles Winners Finals, and Brawl Singles Losers Finals. People forgot to save replays for the Grand Finals... :/

They'll be going up either today or over the next few days.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Shoutouts yooooo

Anthony - Unfortunately for you, you're in my crew, so you're going to hear this a lot. Play Puff. Also, stop being good at the game plx. Also, ROFL @ you in Luke's car, that was the funniest part of the night IMO

Josh - Good ****ing **** dude. Lrn2counter Link's Up B and you're all good, mainly because he'd grapple hook the first recovery and then if you counter his Up B....well...he can't grapple hook again until he touches the ground so he's easier to edgeguard. Definitely getting your name out there this tourney. Wonder how legitimately taking a match(let alone a 3 stock) against Tink's Fox stacks up against Peef legitimately taking a match off of Jekyll. Hmm....

Rashad - Nice job in singles and dubs mang. That set of you two vs. Luke & George was hella close

Ripple - I'm slowly improving yooooooooooo. Next time expect a sound removal of those two stocks without me losing any xD. Thanks for allowing me to do something that made my crew go nuts rofl *cries*

Luke - What the F. We didn't play AGAIN! Those two stocks in the crews don't matter...thanks for the compliment on the reverse knee against your recovery, I was praying it'd land lolol

Lixivium - Next time, I'm beating you in a set. No more janky stage CPs like Brinstar >_> Them ICs got the hurt put on them lolz, I hate that matchup >_<!!!

Tink - Nice job having the same car as me. We didn't play once in singles. What gives lollll =P

Vro - Stop being good against me in Falcon dittos >_> You make me feel so terrible lmao

Nick & Derrick - VENGEANCE IS OURS! It's been a long time coming, and it finally happened. We got revenge for SMYM9 dubz. Straight knee'ing that Puff all 4 times on Brinstar yeye

Darkatma - Thanks for the tip about Sheik's dsmash vs. Firefox/falco recoveries...wish I would've known that info before our doubles match, I wanted the upset sooooo bad. Dart and I got your number in dubz next time yo.

Brett - I beat all your characters up until Marth. WTF. WHY DO I STRUGGLE AGAINST MARTHS?

Studly & Legion - I keep seeing improvement everytime I see you guys. Nice ****ing job. Hope you uhh...enjoyed my commentary ;D

Team IOWA - awesome tourney, much better choice than Viperboy's smashfest next week ;P

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Dart and EPsucks are the same people

*Long post ahead lolz*

**. Good to know my crew is comin up, these guys have the potential to get better than me honestly and Josh, little buddy, no hard feelings about last night when I got on your case. Understandable since you're still young but winning does not mean fill your head up with thinkin you're the best. Your actions through what you said or the sounds you made when you lost a match or a stock when you clearly just got beat was out of line, Zec and Wuwu were the same way with me. Either way you and Anthony are becomin forces to be reckoned with really fast. I want to say the same about Dave, but you gotta stop worryin about bein so fast and technical. Go back to the basics and apply what people tell you because you still seem to be worryin too much about doin those crazy moonwalk tricks(referring to anything else technical) love you guys and I'm glad yall live close so we can play together lol. *End crew rant*

(I'll try to remember everyone that I played or met)

Stl crew

Brawlpro - Good**** teaming with you man. You're pretty technical but of course I already knew that from your vids but it was nice to actually play with you this time lol. I want to create the first legit double fox team we just gotta work on the spacing (mainly me) and the combos lol. Fun friendlies as well =).

Atma - Your peach and shiek are good man it was nice to play you way to represent cali. It's still hard to believe that you get wrecked by the home bodies of norcal seein as how good you are here lol. We gotta play again sometime ggs. Congrats on second

Legan - You're from stl right lol? Anyways your link is crazy as **** lol. Low tiers are so much more fun to watch than high tiers and yous a gag with the "My maaiinnn!" shouting lol. Fun friendlies, I'm glad I didn't play you though, I don't think it would have been so epic as playin the other guys you played since Fox ***** link lol =P.

Book - Ugh! I'm so mad I gave you first seed, well not really give but made it a hella lot easier for you, that coulda been me. But it was really nice to see you take advantage and go all the way, good placing and good playin you lol.

Everyone else

Blake/Ripple - You rat *******! You're gonna be so pissed when I figure out DK because you're gonna be out of characters to beat me with =P. Good **** though I wish I hadn't suicide twice that last match it woulda been more interesting to take you to a third match. But good job on the placings.

Luke/Tomacawk - Didn't get to watch you too much but at least we got to play each other this time lol. You need to catch me on a good day because I'm pretty sure our fox dittos will be like how we first started playin, when you'd do pretty well but I would just beat you =P. Good **** in teams though that set was fun, wish I woulda played a little better but I was still nervous when it was gettin close lol xD.

George/microwave - Fun matches and a good doubles set way to clutch when Luke couldn't handle it himself lol. I'm just glad I got to get my revenge in singles hehehe =P.

Vro - Lol dude, sorry for gimpin you so hard in the brackets you had me for the most part center stage I have too much marth practice though coupled with a crazy techincal fox it's gonna happen =P. Great matches regardless I think you and Luke are the closest to bein my rival but you live too far same with Luke lol hope to play you soon again.

Tink - Good **** as always, you freaked me out with that almost shinespike lol. You freakin did warp speed to the bottom of the stage I was like wtf lol. Fun doubles and singles brackets match I want to play you more often you're just the practice I'm lookin for in terms of smartness and consistency and speed play. Congrats on first.

Iggy - Fun matches again I think that's the first time I actually played you haha. You're freakin good man, love your luigi I hate peach though so I won't compliment your peach =P.

Sveet - Same with Vro, sorry for gimpin you like a cinder block gotta use the blue thing whenever possible, as fast as possible lol =P. You're gettin better though, I think you wolda had a better chance usin sheik though of course I'm not gonna say that while we're playin though, I hope you understand lol =P.

Brett/Oranos/Doomshroom - Oranos, thanks for hostin this. You need to designate someone to speak for you though since you don't have the vocal cords to do it yourself, that one guy did a pretty good job, keep usin him lol =P. Good matches in doubles sorry me and brawlpro jacked you guys double foxes are teh future lolz. I saw you were playin marth you should use him more, pull a taj and use pika in extreme conditions but main marth, I know it's hard but it's gotta be done if you want to be successful lol =P.

If I forgot anyone I'm sorry but I think this shoutout post is ****in long enough. Oh and another thing, nothin against Brawl, but Melee and Brawl should be hosted seperately. The room was too small and Brawl took waayyy too long. Some of the people we were waitin on were still in Brawl finals of course some people entered in both which didn't help but ultimately it woulda been much faster to do the two games on seperate days. Anyways I'm out for like a week or so lol. I'll check this thread to see if anyone said anything about me lol.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
vro - ur a beast, always fun chillin

wayne - **** you made bank at this tournament and ur hysterical, fun matches yo

luke - thanks for housing and everything, it was super fun chilling. we did good in dubs.

bzoo- rofl your hysterical

sveet - i dont think we played? always fun to talk to you man. how are you guys so good at teams O_O?

darkatma - nice job getting second! our pools matches were super fun, nice peach

bp/rashad - you rocked me in singles, nice job. ggs

brawlpro - you also rocked me in singles, lol. nice meeting you

book - your falcon is real good, thanks for the fun games. what chars did you use to beast everyone in singles with? if it was falcon i need some lessons from you haha.

doc mario player from stl i didnt get your name - i had fun playing you, nice job.

toga - another beast falcon from stl, good stuff

gooey - fun falcon dittos

dart - wow you really surprised me, how did you get so good at this game? see you at a tournament soon hopefully.

ripple - i wish we would have played, i heard you took alot of lukes money. nice job man.

st louis in general - you guys are real chill, thanks for brining half the tournament. you have many good smashers with diverse playstyles and characters. nice to meet alot of you!

everyone else - GGS, fun tournament!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
rashad you suck. i hate you. :'(

george it was hella fun, i dunno how we missed playing each other in singles. i'll be at jab2, so we can make it up there.

dart thanks for ****** me, and good job beating tink's fox.

tdk samurai sorry we had to play in every part of each tournament lol

iggy sorry but we had to get paid. good job taking 3rd singles though :)

anubis it was nice playing you, you got closer to beating black panther than i did.

tomacawk you dodged our MM this time, but its going down next time.

everyone else: it was a ton of fun and i look forward to seeing you guys again

darkatma

Smash Hero
terrible at
this game

:D

jk you're pritty gud

@Tom Radovich: loll no i would beat you this time around :D
see you next tourney.

might as well do my shoutouts now
St Louis: pretty legit, we showed the other local regions we're the best :p

Bpro: get more consistent and drop by more so you can practice not losing to bad characters.

Book: thank you sooo much for taking Vro out :D made my life easier. too good man :p
If anyone else heard the really loud yells from the corner, that was from Book's falcon punching the pokestad tree into a marth's face for the end of the game.

Geno: stop going bad characters in singles and not placing well lol. You could've easily split 2nd and 3rd with me.

Legan: melee is better

Toga/Lixi/Rauleen/other peeps, gj representing st louis as well :p
anyways on to other ppl

Vro: After seeing your placing i would probably shake my head and make a weird face at you lolll. No but you're a pretty fun, chill dude. Look forward to seeing you next tourney, hopefully you'll stay in winner's long enough to play me :p

Tink: is too good =[ I'll get my sheik back in shape for the next tournament, I haven't used the character in 3 months (legit johns), and peach just doesn't cut it against marth.

Black Panther: soo much tech skill, vro was right, it really does pull you through against characters like marth and such. Learn the peach matchup so you can beat my peach in friendlies next time :D You can't just deploy your tech skill against her, because she's off the ground most of the time. Oh yeah, my yoshi is amazing.

My pool: ggs lol

sveet: has a smart fox and marth, pretty legit, i wish that 4th match of loser's finals was recorded, it was basically you gimping my teammate and then me gimping you while you were recovering. :p

dart: really crazy marth vs spacies, but you really needa learn the other matchups. gj vs us in teams that was the closest we got to losing a set in the tourney. It also made me realize how rusty my sheik was. (this goes for gooey too)

oranos: good set, get better at the jiggs peach matchup!

iggy: man you would've done better against tink than i would've. learn to be patient in peach dittos! it's actually a pretty fun match imo. fun friendlies too. thanks for those genesis updates once again :D

tomacawk: fun matches, too bad we didnt get to play our MM. My top 5 characters are all pretty legit :p i would be confident enough to have thrown in a yoshi and a zelda too.

Oh yeah i have pictures too..

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Lawl, this tourney was so **** fun. Doubles was confusing...I mean sure, when I played Sheik, we got really close to beating Dark & Geno and performed pretty well...but I felt like I dsmashed wayyyyy too much >_< Is that normal? My Falcon was pretty grand AT TIMES as well...ugh it's so hard choosing who to pick for doubles! Singles, on the other hand, is Falcon's business. No matter how hard Falcos, Foxs, Marths....y'know what? The whole f'ing top and high tier. No matter how hard they are, Falcon is too satisfying to play as. I gotta learn to implement that shield moving thingy into my game(where you move your shield to prevent pokes more), better ledge techs, better DI, and learn how to analyze an opponent while playing them. I started doing this a little when I was playing Lixivium, but it was too late by the time I did lawlz.

Good stuff guys!

Book!

Smash Journeyman
hey guys. this was a lot of fun. glad i came.

oranos (and others) - great job hosting.

stl - hooray!

darkatma - pretty good. i knew you would get second place. next time i won't let you through so easily...

black panther - good matches. we were both pretty sloppy in pools. try not to beat yourself up over "what if." i think you and bpro complement each other well in doubles. maybe the start of something beautiful.

legion - fun friendlies. pretty good cf.

studly - good set. you are a solid player. i think you should grab more as sheik.

anthony (an#####) - it took us a while to find an open setup, but thanks for the fun set. you put some good stuff together. i was really nervous when you started coming back on me in game 3.

vro - close games. i really enjoyed watching you and tink go to work in teams.

legan - one of the most fun sets i've ever played. congrats on getting so far after not even planning to enter. quit brawl.

lixi - sorry about teams. we didn't work together very well at all.

iggy - good games. very smart and patient play. hopefully we can play again sometime.

ripple - thanks for the friendlies. too bad we didn't meet in loser's; i was getting pumped for dk dittos.

phil - good ****.

tink - congrats on your winnings. thanks for the fun set.

microwave - good games. excellent pressure fox v. falcon.

everyone else - we should have played! next time.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
joe you don't want what I got son
On the real though, I wanna play you more than like 1 game. And sorry i was so boring to talk to, at that point in the tournament I had been awake for a long time with virtually no sleep, not to mention how sick I am...I had so much snot it was in my ear canal and I couldn't really hear that well either so sorry I had to keep asking what you were saying
and atma I feel kinda robbed in our set because my falcon is apparnetly good against peach whereas my fox is just bad. i did work on iggy tho so I guess I'll have to just be happy with that

to everybody who got my germs-sorry and I hope yall have good immune systems

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Too lazy to do a long list of shoutouts...

Ook - thanks for the ride. Nice job on 2nd place

Oranos - Thanks for hosting the tournament. It was very fun, and I'll try to make it to future ones as well.

Legan - I was really impressed watching your Melee Link, it was very cool... and fun Brawl matches, I understand it's hard to switch to Brawl after you've been playing Melee for a while.

All of the Melee players who helped me out - I appreciate the advice, I'm going to practice up and maybe join Melee singles next tournament, if I'm good enough

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
Oranos - Great job on being like 90 percent of the reason this tourney was as good as it was, I feel that there should be more people thanking you than there is, but w/e, its just what think, and I came in last and last in everyone's hearts :-)

justin and gambit - had fun helping nick run the tourney with you guys.

Ripple - I'll buy you a massage, cause I'm sure your back is hurting from the amount of carrying it must have taken to get a last place in singles teamate to top 8 in doubles, but in my defense I did pull some clutch 1 on 2s, and had your back descently. Your falcon destroyed in our 3rd tourney set. And how many people were watching our pools set, it felt like every mother ****er in the room saw me rest you and then saw you punish eight stocks right after, I think tink told you to beat the **** out of me? Or Idk who that was.

Tomacawk - for someone who was rusty and not good at this game, you placed redic ;-) BTW, spinisch still does not sound good with fruit.

Dart, studdly, and nude - nice to see you guys again. We really didn't play much :-( But I guess it happens when your helping run a tourney.

Gooey - your falcon is alot faster than I remember good ****.

Anthony - you should use puff alot more like 5 rests every game can't be bad. Oh yea, remember that time you FALCON PUNCHED ME?!?! IT WAS A BIG IMPORTANT GAME!!!

Black Panther - dude, good **** in brawl man ;-) But seriously, if Ripple woulda let me warm up my puff, you wouldn't have seen so many puff suicides(johns), but good **** on being good and things. I'll think about the marth thing. BTW, when you complain about haveing to face harder and harder people, my only advice is to lose a set and go to losers bracket, or to lose 2 sets and play friendlies. :-)

Geno + Atma - you guys had the last laugh on dreamland, and thats whats important, and then you got counterpicked to KJ, so in my heart you guys won.

Jeebus - mother ****er, pikachu does not suck! But GGs.

Sveet - thanks for ****ing me up in every bracket there ever was.

To the rest of my TDK crew, sorry I couldn't go on a smoke break with you guys. I owe you some wager points.

Trevor - your last cause you prolly won't even read this, but I'm glad you showed up, keep showing to tourneys and you will hang with big dogs.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Same, too lazy to do a long list of shoutouts.

Book - good job in the tourney. grr, i want a money match against u. And how the hell did u know that u could punch me though the tree when i was on the platform. After that, my mindset was ****ed up for the rest of the tourney. No johns in our tourney match though. Ur playstyle is ****ing wierd, but good.

Legan - I should've known ICs vs Link was stupid. No doing that ever again. I want a MM next time. Falco vs Link.

St. Louis - u pretty much brought the whole tourney, thx. it was fun

Springfield - thx for hosting (oranos specifically), and doing crews that was fun. Chewyy, thx for helping me out in the samus matchup. Oranos, we didn't even play. lol i wanted to. ****ing tomacawk, that smell in ur car was ****in wierd (that fabreze mix), i'm never driving with u if u do that again. haha. Brett lmao, i didn't mean to falcon punch you.

Peoria - we're stepping up! good job guys.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I wish I knew how to play on gay counterpick stages.

Also I chickened out and didn't use Doc in brackets. Maybe next time.

Shoutouts:

- St. Louis -
Darkatma - We all knew you'd get top two and you did. Sheik sucks, give up that stupid character and just learn Peach vs. Marth.

Geno - Stop johning so much when you do things that obviously won't work

Legan MY MAIN- Nice job winning a whopping ONE bracket match in Brawl vs. FIVE in Melee (which you didn't even enter).

Book - Falcon Punch! Yeah we both screwed up pretty bad in doubles but nice job in singles.

Blitz - I don't know why we thought we had to play. You were nowhere near my side of the bracket.

Nuris - Good ****

Toga - Nice job in Brawl

Radium - I guess you beat Ook somehow? Nice job.

Brawlpro - I knew you could be beast in doubles, you just need to figure out how to stay focused in singles and not lose stocks out of pure laziness.

Jebus - There's playing defensive and then there's just being a *****. You gotta take some risks some time.

- Non St. Louis -

tdkGuy - Thanks for leaving early

Ripple - Good ****, most people probably would not have gone DK vs. Ice Climbers. DK (like Ganon or Peach) is just another of my unwinnable matchups I guess.

Gooeybanana - Very close man. Falcon just keeps getting harder and harder to play against.

Tomacawk - Same as Gooey - very intense matches, could have gone either way.

Sveet, Oranos - Didn't get to play you guys this time, thanks for hosting the tournament though.

Dart - Too bad you lost to Legan because I would have owned you whereas I lost to him ;). It's all about the matchups, you're already good against top tiers so just go Sheik or Peach against low tiers and you're set.

Blackpanther - Good thing I didn't have to play you because I probably would have lost.

Tink - Too good, I wanted to play your Fox with IC's but there was just too much demand for your attention.

Vro - We didn't get to play but you woulda won I'm sure.

Iggy - Third match of pools was too gay to mention. I'm sure you could have won just normally but camping is legit so gg.

Anybody else I forgot - I love you all

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
OH yeah... if I didn't already, humongous THANKS to the tourney hosts. Oranos ftw manggggggggg. Cool being friends with ya after like what? 1-2 years of talking about playing but not being able to go to tourneys and eventually finally being able to come SMYM9? It's been fun thus far, cool beans.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
anthony - i didn't know it would work (never done it before). hard to go wrong with falcon punch anyways. we can money match next time. fair warning: i will be pink falcon.

microwave - i usually switch characters a lot but this time it was all falcon/ganon. not sure if i have anything to teach you. we should play some more if we meet again.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
Fun *** tourney. But let's do this.

ST.LOUIS CREW

Toga: Good **** picking me up early that day when I found out I would have no way of getting there at 6 AM on the tourney day. And bracket matches with you was the funniest **** I've done in melee.

Lixi: Your Ice Climbers > Doc. There really amazing. Nice **** against tomocawk in brackets.

Darkatma: Why are you so gooood. gratz on 2nd I knew you'd make it in top 3.

Legan: **** brawl you did way better at melee. And it was nice ****** you in melee on the car ride to the tourney ...with MYY MAAIIIINN.

Future: lol YOU CAME IN 5TH IN MELEE SINGLES NICE.

Book: You surprised the **** out of me taking out Vro in melee singles. NICEEE

Geno: You and atma are gonna come in 1st in teams sooner or later.

Jebus: Nice placing higher than me in ssbm singles. But you out of everyone knew how hard my bracket got for messing around in pools. *cough*tink1stmatch*cough*

Love all you guys no homo.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alright now for the rest of the tourney ...well the 9 people that I still remember for whatever reason.

Black ****ing Panther: Ohh **** doubles were raw. I dunno what I would have done for the first 5 hours of the tourney if you hadn't came up to me and asked if i still wanted to team. We did soo goood and would have done better if it wasn't for the suicides. Imo that second match against tomocawk and micro woulda been ours if it wasn';t for the 2 sds since I gimped tomocawk lol. Man we gotta team again reall soon. Oh and pulling off three shine walls made my day. WE ARE TEAM TECH SKILL (with a hint of mindgames). Double fox all day.

Tomocawk: Man, you got like mad better since E52. Mad technical too. I'm done with melee breaks yo next time we meet our matches are gonna be crazy.

Vro: Hey that match with you on fd was great. I wish it was recorded though. I'd love to relive it. Good chaingrab at the end.

Sveet: Finally I got to meet you in person. You're pretty chill. Nice job in doubles brackets, we would have played you guys if we won the match we lost haha. And our doubles friendlies, they were fun.

Tink: Getting matched up with you 1st round in brackets. WHAAAT. fun **** anyways haha.

Dart1337: Lol you had me loling when they called out Microwave and Tomocawk for doubles and you were like "lol microcawk". rofl. Great marth too. Probably the only marth to give me that much trouble all tourney, probably because Vro didn't chaingrab me till the end in our match hahaha. 3 STOCKING TINK OH THAT WAS THE ****.

Ripple: Nice dk you did super good with him. Your low tiers are so good, like your roy was killin too.

Oranos: Thank you for running this.

Microwave: You saved your team from loosing match two in doubles against me and panther. Good job man. Too bad on the singles bracket against me though =P

Lols i wish i didn't forget alot of people haha.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
i'd just like to point out, geno and vro step it up, we know which two ppl were pulling the teams :p
lol jk

oranos thanks for hosting

actual shoutouts later
Lol, you might need to watch the videos of grand finals for teams again. :p:p:p:psycho:

but yeah. your a whole lot better at singles than I am thats for sure, id say only a little better than me at doubles though.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
ahhh bpro my bad i forgot to give you a shoutout
well u know i had mad fun playing with you, i LOVE fox dittos. ****ing shower in that ****
and ur mad gay for gimping me so much in dubs lol
dude aren't you like 15 or some ****? that's insane. you will be hella good when you develop your mental game, your tech is already cash money
atma what are you gunna do with the pictures?
I might wanna fbook that ****, depending on who you took pix of me with (I think it was sveet and legan?)
idk tho, I probably looked like **** because I sure felt like it haha

Radium88

Smash Lord
Lixi- I definitely did NOT beat ook. I got a stock off him in pools and that was it. :p (Maybe next time)

Great tournament Springfield. This was my first out of MO tournament and it was a lot of fun. I look forward to going to many more. (What have I been missing?!?!)

Andy, Geoff, Gretchen, Nathan, and Christian-It was nice meeting you all and friendlies were fun.

Next time I will try to do more friendlies with more people.

I didn't do too well but I BEAT LEGAN'S LINK AND ALMOST HIS MARTH AS KIRBY. Redemption done.

As Nuris would say, "GOOD ****" STL. I had a good time watching the matches. Also, Steak and Shake was epic.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
ahhh bpro my bad i forgot to give you a shoutout
well u know i had mad fun playing with you, i LOVE fox dittos. ****ing shower in that ****
and ur mad gay for gimping me so much in dubs lol
dude aren't you like 15 or some ****? that's insane. you will be hella good when you develop your mental game, your tech is already cash money
hah yea I am fiteen. And yea I sure hope i get way better as I get smarter lol.

darkatma

Smash Hero
well i'd rather have geno than deku any day

also i **** deku in teams
always

are vids gonna be up? i just want the match vs ripple where i pulled 4 stitchfaces total, 2 of them in a row :D
(match 2 on FD)
oh, and my zelda MM against dart where I 3 stocked him :D

pics are up on my fb, lemme post them here.

Top Bottom