• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Timing out Matches

Veril

Frame Savant
If you intend to actually win using Puff, this is usually your best option. While stalling excessively is banned, camping and playing extremely defensively are not.
this thread is correct and thats why this game is stupid
Jiggs isn't by any means the best at running down the clock. MK, ICs, and Wario are far better in this respect for a number of reasons. That said, Jigglypuff is really good at doing this. If you get a lead against anyone without a good projectile, camp. Camp till you don't even want to play this mediocre game anymore.

Bair, Fair, dair, pound, and her bazillion jumps allow for a whole lotta playing like a b****. If you don't care about actually winning, feel free to disregard this advice. I know a lot of you are probably casual players or tournament virgins and have not yet been exposed to the terrible reality of this game. Sorry.

Getting the advantage required to do this is tricky. Abusing Jiggs insanely good grab is probably the best way to get that initial lead. Especially on Lucas and Ness, if you land a grab on them, make sure you know the pummel timing perfectly so you maximize the chance of a ground release. Because Sakurai arbitrarily decided that two already mediocre characters should get ***** by grab-releases, and Jiggs CAN grab-release regrab them, if you ever get a grab they shouldn't escape until you've carried them to the end of the stage.

The only hard part is getting a stock advantage.
You do not need a stock advantage. Being ahead by any amount will do. Grab and retreating f-air are the least punishable ways of actually getting that first hit. After that just shamelessly run away behind a wall of b-air and f-air. Live on the ledge, platform camp, and space ftw. Watch how Bowyer uses MK when playing Lain's ICs. You need to be even gayer than that.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Use this strategy on Jungle Japes and you've got urself a legit character.

Now only if the EC didn't ban Japes...

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Bair, Fair, dair, pound, and her bazillion jumps allow for a whole lotta playing like a b****. If you don't care about actually winning, feel free to disregard this advice. I know a lot of you are probably casual players or tournament virgins and have not yet been exposed to the terrible reality of this game. Sorry.

rofl Veril2Good:laugh:

Tham

Smash Apprentice
lawl cuz ppl use ness and lucas in tourneys.
in the german speaking countries there are many lucas player, just a few nessplayer ... and even a jiggsplayer xD
but i often switch to mk if i have to fight against a ness ...
but its usefull in lowtier tournaments which arent unpopular (but not popular, too) in germany ...

i once have played so campy against a dk, time ran out ... but i felt so bad after doing it (it was an online tournament match and i lost the first fight because of lag and i had the feeling my opponent mustnt win ... after the 2nd match he was so angry and i gimped him 2 times in the third match but i really felt bad :/)

but if u can, u should play very devensive
all in all i think that jiggs is a char u have to play very devensively, try to punish the lag of ur opponents - and camp if u can (and u lead xD)

nice post, veril^^

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
And this is why Jigglypuff is blatantly not low tier.

Just saying...

Tham

Smash Apprentice
i think just running away is no fact for being midtier ...
many chars have projectiles, larger hitboxes than jiggs has and better kill moves (i think jiggs has a lack of kill moves)
jiggs can die so early, u can try to hide but u will not be able to run away all time without getting hit - and if ur opponent predicts ur movement right ull get some really bad hits and you can die very early
i think jiggs is right at lowtier

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
This makes people hate Jigglypuff even more, but it is one of the best ways to win against impossible matchups. The only hard part is getting a stock advantage.

Ahh, I thought Veril would never post a thread here again. Shurely he did this for me :p

Metatitan

Smash Master
Jiggs is bottom tier because if she doesn't have the lead, she loses. She dies early and it's hard for her to reestablish a lead.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Getting the lead isn't that hard with Jigglypuff as long as you know how to not get hit. Play gay until you have an opening.

Veril

Frame Savant
Am I seeing things or did Veril just create a thread?
lol. Now http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257152 is a legit thread of mine. I'm really active still, just much moreso in the workshop and the wbr. I just posted this cause it is the best way to win as Puff overall in vBrawl. She's got a much more effective stalling game than people realize. I also want to make it clear to as many of the newer players as possible HOW LAME this game is if you really are playing to win with Jiggs.

Getting the lead isn't that hard with Jigglypuff as long as you know how to not get hit. Play gay until you have an opening.
Its also a lot easier to get a lead if you don't save the fair. Its counterintuitive, but if you aren't really pursuing the kill so much as being a b**** and running down the timer, its a great move since its got ok range and a sex-kick.

Jiggs is low, but definitely not bottom tier garbage.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Jiggs is low, but definitely not bottom tier garbage.
I approve. Jigglypuff deserves a spot ahead of Samus and maybe even Yoshi.

She's got some good tricks, thats what seperates her from characters like Ganon who MUST play defensive and careful until they get an opening.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I approve. Jigglypuff deserves a spot ahead of Samus and maybe even Yoshi.
Samus isn't garbage, and rather an underrated character deserving of mid tier with EXCELLENT zoning options, setups, recovery, and edgeguarding. Yoshi however is in fact bottom tier garbage, unable to do anything except make approaches tedious.

She's got some good tricks, thats what seperates her from characters like Ganon who MUST play defensive and careful until they get an opening.
Jigglypuff honestly isn't bad. Her zoning options are much too good to be deserving of the title of low tier. She's a stupidly designed character and too weak to be not outclassed by the likes of Wario, but she has the tools to consistently stay safe, poke, and capitalize.

Top Bottom