• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I thought about picking T-block last night, which would give us a clear that scum would have to eat a hit on if they needed him dead. I didn't, I wanted to keep playing. Poor judgment looking back, hindsight is always 20/20. But I didn't think I'd be a lynch target toDay, and switching out for a clear in endgame seemed very appealing.

Nich and July were bad options obviously, and Swiss died last Night. Although he'd just eat an NK if he came back anyway. And VG got modkilled in Day phase, and probably wouldn't be allowed to return after a modkill anyway.

:phone:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I mean like why didn't use use it last night. I thought it was pretty obvious that it was going to be either you or SK going into D4.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Oh, my bad. I forgot he said he was returning D5. Well just replace him with me then. It was going to be one of us two just based on everyones suspicions.

SoupaKatamari

Smash Rookie
Beyond the brink of disaster, next to starbucks
gosh nabe >_> ...you wouldn't have got lynched if you swapped yourself with a confirmed townie. wouldn't that be the point? Especially knowing you were suspicious throughout the whole game (??) For a role that always nets a loss regardless of a successful 'protect', the swap is crucial imo in bringing back a confirmed townie in exchange for yourself, and what better situation to do it in than this one where you were and still are highly suspicious. i'd take confirmed t-block over you anytime!! you wanting your life is selfish.

thing is...you never knew we would return toDay, so 1v3 with 1 vote blocked would have led to a stall i believe (?? i'm thinking about this at work) which would have almost ended the game? Really with your role... you should have swapped yourself sooner to avoid potential mylo/lylo situations to it's easier for the rest of Town. i feel like you left the value of your claim behind and made your role late and useless when it could have had use.

couple this with your in-game actions and this is why i'm struggling to find anything that redeems you >__>

btw we did reply to quite a bit of your stuff. the only thing i haven't done is go into detail regarding your reads on nich and swiss iirc. your reply to us was an animated gif.

gova plz hammer plz.

(i do secretly dislike the fact that grey has gone inactive but o well chin up - it's nabe who i want gone at this point)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
SoupaKatamari (2) - MOD, Nabe,
Nabe (2) - Degrey, SoupaKatamari

Not voting: Gova, Ranmaru,

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for Wednesday, August 24th at 3:00 p.m. EST

MOD votes cannot kill on their own; they require at least one other vote being present. MOD votes disappear at the end of the Day.

Degrey has been prodded

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Ok, this is the last time I'll be on before deadline and I've made my decision.

While both players have been suspected throughout the game with SK almost being lynched twice in the same day, the claims also do little to re-enforce any good standing as Nabe had refused to claim for a while and SK continually lied about their role, though they have proven two of their abilities. Nabe's huge imo oversight of his role is what bugs me the most, especially when a protective role has already flipped.

Vote: Nabe

Overswarm

is laughing at you
SoupaKatamari (2) - MOD, Nabe,
Nabe (3) - Degrey, SoupaKatamari, Gova

Not voting: Ranmaru,

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for Wednesday, August 24th at 3:00 p.m. EST

MOD votes cannot kill on their own; they require at least one other vote being present. MOD votes disappear at the end of the Day.

Day 4 finally ends!

Nabe (Trevor Fitzroy, Mafia Time Traveler) has been lynched!

Town wins!

Role PMs momentarily, as well as commentary.

Also, lol:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13089175&postcount=1602

SoupaKatamari

Smash Rookie
Beyond the brink of disaster, next to starbucks
hi

the thing is we are actually town gova and it should never have come down to us or nabe, it should have come down to nabe and anyone but us... really really! why would town continue playing when there's no opposing faction? I know it sounds like a silly question... but i think it's important when you think about it. we showed situations where this would definitely have happened with us as anti-town. it just wasn't feasible.

the only thing i'm worried about is grey not realising he could have hammered to win... and us clearing him off of that. we'll wait and see... i still strongly feel it's nabe. lessons will be learnt if it's not him.

#HBC | Nabe

Bah humbug.

While I do think I was caught at this point, I don't think SK gave enough attention to my arguments, and I still had responses to everything you had said.

Anyway, congrats to town. I was really hoping I'd have a town role this game, haha.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Role PMs

Here are role PMs. These might not be entirely accurate, as some clarifications were made after they were sent out which might not be referenced here. But for the most part, here you go.

TOWN

Overswarm said:
Chuck Goodrich (drmcninja) – Town Time Traveller

Time Warp – Each Night, you may pick a player in the present. They will travel with you to whatever time you choose and use their actions on the Night that you choose. This is a form of time travel and you will return to the present after using it.

This means if you warp a player to Night 2 and they were using an action in the present OR travelling to a different phase to use that action, they would instead use it on Night 2 regardless of what they chose. You can pick any Night phase, past present or future.

If someone on Night 1 decides to kill someone on Night 3, and then on Night 3 you time warp them to Night 1, this will NOT mean that action is transferred. Only actions decided the same Night as your Time Warp will be moved.

Restrictions:

Fear – You may never Time Travel more than 2 phases into the future (on N1 you can travel to N2 or N3, but no farther)

Win Condition – You win when Town has an undeniable majority over everyone else or nothing can prevent this.

Overswarm said:
James Cole (twelve monkeys) – Town Paranoid Gun Owner

Paranoid Gunowner – Should anyone visit you via time travel, you will kill them them at the start of the following Day phase. (e.g., if on N1 a player visits you on N3 via time travel, he would die at the start of D4) They will only die if you survive up to that point; if you are killed in any way, your paranoid gunowner action won’t come through. This ability also doesn’t activate for any actions in the present; only time travel.

Guilty – After killing someone, you will then kill yourself.

Miller – Any investigative role will have you turn up as scum.

Win Condition – You win when Town has an undeniable majority over everyone else or nothing can prevent this.

Overswarm said:
Bill and Ted (B&T excellent adventure) – Town Time Travelling Tracker

Tracker – On every even numbered Night, you may pick a player. You will be told who they visited that Night.

Time Travel – Each even numbered Night, you may pick a Night to travel to in the past, present, or future. Your Night Action will occur on that Night and you will receive the results on that Night.

Meaning, on Day 2 if you choose to watch someone on Day 3, you will receive that result on Day 3. If you are on Day 2 and choose Day 1, you will immediately receive the results.

Bill & Ted Logic – At the start of the game, you can tell yourself that in the future you’ll need to go back in time and Track a target player. Choose any Night phase in the future that you’ll need to go back in time, the Night you want to go back in time to track that player, and choose the player you want to track, and when the Night phase in the future you chose to go back in time in occurs, you will receive the information.

Example: At the start of the game, you choose to go back in time on Night 3 to track Overswarm on Night 1. On Night 3, Os visits Marc. You receive the information that Overswarm visited Marc as long as you survive to Night 3.

Laziness – You guys don’t really do your homework. When going back in time, you only see a small snippet of time before you get bored and come back. That means any actions done on that Night phase will be reported to you, but additions to that Night from players in the future going back in time to that Night won’t be added.

Meaning, if it’s Night two and you go back to Night one to track someone, you wouldn’t see that player going back on Night three to do another action on Night 1. You’d only see what had happened up to that point in the timeline where you left in the present.

You may travel both backwards and forwards through time and will be returned to the present afterwards.

Overswarm said:
Donnie Darko (DDarko) – Doomed Townie

Frank – Each Night, you will be told at least one random Night action that has occurred, but you won’t be told which Night it occurred on or if it even happened yet. You will receive names, but the other information, such as who did the action and who was affect, might be muddy. Actions that have yet to occur may not be set in stone. You may receive multiple Night results together given to you as one Night action, or one Night result given to you as many. You'll have to piece it together yourself.

Death Sentence – You will die on Day four after the lynch phase, before twilight. This cannot be prevented and you cannot be revived in any way.

Overswarm said:
John Titor (conspiracy) – Paranoid Townie

Watchful eye – If you are visited by any player for any reason, you will be told who visited you and when. In fact you’ll tell yourself! You will be told immediately, whether it is past, present, or future. If someone visits you in the future and you are notified, you will not be notified if they are prevented from visiting you for any other reason later in the game. Keep your own notes!

e.g., if on Night 1 someone uses an action on you in Night 3, you will be told that player X visited you on Night 3. If on Night 2 someone roleblocks Player X on Night 3, you will not be notified that he is no longer visiting you.

Restrictions –

Paranoia – You’re… kind of worried someone else might get your notes. So you’re writing them in code. Unfortunately you’re leaving them to a version of yourself who hasn’t figured out the code yet, so, good luck when you get them.
Overswarm said:
John Connor (Terminator) – Town Time Travelling Doctor

Protect- Each Night, you may choose a player to protect. That player will be protected from any Night Kills if your ability is successful. You may not use this ability two Nights in a row.

Time Travel – You can go to any Night phase in the future to protect any player instead of protecting them in the present.

Overswarm said:
Link (LoZelda) – Town Time Manipulator

Time Travel – At Night and only once during the game, you may pick a Day phase. You will be removed from the game until that Day phase occurs. Any Night Actions set to affect you will no longer affect you while you are removed from the game.

Song of Time (1x speed) – Once during the game, you may use this ability during the twilight phase. The lynch will be reversed, and the Day will start over again. That means if player A was lynched on D2 and you used this in twilight, player A will be revived and D2 will start as if it had never happened. Any day abilities that had been used will be unused.

Song of Time (2x speed!)– Once during the game, you may use this ability during the Day to have another Day phase immediately after the current one ends. The Night phase will be skipped entirely. However, any future actions used on that Night will still go through. Should any ability occur that strengthens or prevents this ability, your ability will still go through as normal.
That is, if on N1 someone decides to time travel to N2 and kill someone, if you end up using the song of time on D2 D3 will immediately occur, but that person will still die on N2 even though it didn’t officially occur.

After using one of the song of time abilities, you must wait one full day/Night phase before using the other. (If on D1 you used song of time x2 to get directly to D2, you must wait until D2 and N2 have passed before using your other song of time ability.)

Overswarm said:
Captain Kirk (Star Trek) – Town Doublevoter

Bold Leadership – During the Night phase, choose two players. These two players will be the only ones available for a lynch the following day. This ability may only be used once and will be attributed to Captain Kirk.

Double Vote – During the Day phase, you may vote by saying “Double Vote: (name)”. Your vote will count as two. You may not vote for two separate players.

Overswarm said:
Hermione (Harry Potter) – Town Supporter

Time Turner – Once during a day phase, you may use this ability. On the following Night phase, that player will be notified they must use their abilities twice, including killing abilities and any non-used one-shot abilities. Choose carefully! This ability will only “activate” at Night, so if you get killed or lynched prior to that Night phase it will not go through. This ability is a one shot ability and you may not use it on yourself.

Hidden Knowledge - You've done your homework, so you know something no one else does. There's at least one bad guy out there that can kill, and he cannot be stopped during the Night... and he's after someone in particular, but you don't know who yet.

Restrictions:

Know-it-all : Each Day phase, you must be on a successful lynch. If there is a No Lynch or you are on an unsuccessful lynch, you will be too ashamed to use your time turner ability for the rest of the game.

MAFIA

Overswarm said:
Trevor Fitzroy (X-men) – Mafia Time Traveller

Kill – Each Night, you may pick a player to kill. You may not kill a player that is already dead in the present. (meaning if you lynch a doctor, you can’t go back in time to kill the doctor to prevent his protections from taking place)

Poison – Choose a target player in the present. That player will be voteblocked and roleblocked the following day/night phase. You may not poison someone via time travel.

Time Travel – Each Night, you may pick a Night phase to do your Night Action in the past, present, or future. Should you kill someone in the past, any actions they made up to the present will no longer occur and time can be re-written; people can be brought back to life, people can be unroleblocked, this will create a giant butterfly effect. Any Night actions used by someone past the point of their death will be removed; knowledge will remain, but the actual action will not. Obviously for this game if someone was voteblocked by a player on D2 and you go back and kill them on D1 we won’t go through D2 again, but the actual action itself and any repurcussions for it would not have taken place. Choose when you time travel very wisely; you could screw yourself over instead of town if you aren't careful.

Keep in mind that you are affected by any abilities that target you on a Night every time you visit said Night. You will be returned to the present at the start of the day.

Meaning, if you visit Night 2 to kill a player and someone had used an ability on you during Night 2, you may be affected by that ability every time you visited Night 2, depending on the ability.

If you elect to use an ability in the future, that ability will go through as long as you survive the Night you travelled, meaning that you can use actions after your death.

One shot Bulletproof- You’ve got some kickass armor on; it’ll prevent your death via NKill once and once only.

Calling Card – You can leave a calling card on any of your victims. Write any message under 250 characters and Town will receive the message when they discover the victim.

Safe Claims: Gordon Freeman (Half Life), Cable (X-men), Buzz Buzz (Earthbound)

Quick topic: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/p5qjCGQ8XPN

You are partnered with Laundry/Kuz Hydra, Prehistoric Laundry Sex Dance and may talk via that quicktopic.

Win condition: You are the only one left or nothing can prevent this. While you have a mafia partner in the Sorceress, you don’t want her around at the end. Find a way to take her out to win. The Sorceress will think your win condition is to win with her so use this to your advantage!

Overswarm said:
The Sorceress (FF8) – Mafia Sorceress

Possess – Before the game begins, you may pick a player to possess. You may choose a new player each Night phase (the new choice will go through even if you are killed).

You will be removed from the game upon your death, either by lynch or NKill, (town will be notified that you left the game, your role and alignment will be stated openly) and they will be given your role. They will still be the same character name, but will lose their abilities to gain yours. Their win is your win. This will only work on town oriented players and they will not receive this ability, so it can only be used once.

Should both you and your choice die that Night or should your choice be a non-town player, your previously listed choice will be used until an acceptable candidate is reached.

It will fail if you target only non-town alignments or there are no choices left alive and there will be no new Sorceress, so choose wisely. The new Sorceress will know everything in your role PM, but Trevor Fitzroy will not know who she is unless she reveals herself to him.

Influence – Each Night, you may choose a player. That player will have to vote for whoever you specify and may not change their vote. Should that player not be voteable, your ability will fizzle.

Mesmerize – Each Night, you may choose two players. Player 1 will be told they were visited by Player 2.

Night Kill- Should Trevor Fitzroy die, you will be granted the ability to Night Kill once per Night.

Time Travel – Each Night, you may pick a Night phase in the future to use your action on. The action will not occur until that Night phase, but will occur even after your death if the ability goes through.

Safe Claims: Marty McFly (Back to the Future), The Lost Vikings (video game), Fry (Futurama)

Quick topic: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/p5qjCGQ8XPN

You are mafia partners with Nabe, Trevor Fitzroy.

Win Condition: You are the only one left or nothing can prevent this. While you have a mafia partner with Trevor Fitzory, you don’t want him around at the end. Find a way to take him out to win. Trevor will think you win condition is to win with him so use this to your advantage!

INDEPENDENTS

Overswarm said:
Independent (townie):

Hiro (Heroes) – Independent Time Travelling Roleblocker

Time travel is too powerful! It should not be used. But you have to use it, just long enough to get rid of all the other people that can travel through time. But you must be careful not to kill any innocents, and you cannot break the space/time continuum by going back in time! You must plan carefully.

Roleblock – Choose target player. If that person chooses to travel through time (to any point other than the present) on that phase, you will roleblock them.

A New Ando - At the start of the game, choose a player. This player will be able to talk to you in a quick topic I will create for you both, and only your names, not roles, will be given.

Time Travel – Each Night, you may pick a Night phase to do your Night Action in the present or future. You will be affected by any actions that target you in Nights that you have visited, and your actions will only occur in the Night phases you have selected. You will be returned to the present at the start of the day.

If you elect to use an ability in the future, that ability will go through as long as you survive the Night you travelled from, meaning that you can use actions after your death.

Restrictions:

Power Loss – If you actively participate in killing a non-killing role (a killing role being any role that can remove a player from the game via death), you will lose your power for one full Day/Night cycle. This includes lynches, roleblocking a doctor or redirector that would otherwise have saved someone from being killed, and other such things.

Win condition: You win when no one left in the game can kill. You must be alive or die on the same phase as the last other killing role to win.

Overswarm said:
The Terminator (independent) – Independent Serial Killer

Kill – Each Night, you must kill one player. You will attempt to kill them. They cannot be protected by a doctor.

Daykill – During the Day phase, you may attempt to kill one player. If you do so, your role in its entirety will be revealed to Town. This ability may only be used once and must be used before the hammer is dropped.

Unstoppable – You cannot be Night Killed, redirected to another player, or role blocked. You can be affected by Time Travel.

Safe Claims:
Chrono (Chrono Trigger), Bishop (X-Men)

Win Condition: Kill John Connor. Upon killing him, you will leave the game victorious. Should he die before you kill him, you will self-destruct and lose.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
YES! Seriously, watching this game was so frustrating after I died N1, I was seriously worried Nabe was going to escape. This was probably my best townie game ever, I nailed that Nabe read, and PLSD more or less served himself up on a silver platter for town. :)

Shoutouts and other stuff will come later when I have more time.

#HBC | Nabe

YES! Seriously, watching this game was so frustrating after I died N1, I was seriously worried Nabe was going to escape. This was probably my best townie game ever, I nailed that Nabe read, and PLSD more or less served himself up on a silver platter for town. :)

Shoutouts and other stuff will come later when I have more time.
No, you didn't. Your read was accurate, but your reasoning wasn't. Other players did the job of finding me out.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Kata wii did it! :chuckle:

it was great hydraing with you, wanna bring this back again sometime?

probably not anytime soon though, i'm done with mafia for the moment being.

GG Town.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
GG town.

Can someone clarify, was July actually scum? Because I only see two scum roles and **** me I thought she was town.
Judging by the role I think she was town D1, and when PLSD died July was more or less yakked.

@Nabe
Ah, no. My reasoning was fine, you had good questions but there was no capitalizing on said questions. It's subtle, but it was definitely there. By the way, congrats on making it so far, I was utterly amazed that you lasted so long and seriously concerned that you might win. The death record was pretty funny to look at, actually. Out of the people on your wagon

I got NK'd N1.
July got yakked and NK'd by Reyth (I'm guessing, not completely sure).
Kawaii got lynched D2 (with your support).
video got modkilled D3. (Poor Reyth, this loss wasn't really his fault.)
Swiss got NK'd N3.
Ran got poisoned N3 and thus couldn't vote.
And SK had left the game and couldn't be touched.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Actions:

n0
Kawaii Kangaroo Masons with JULY

theKuzinator POSSESSES JULY

Night 1-
Reyth - Night Kill July
Nabe - Night Kill Nich
Nabe - Poison T-block
July - Influence Ranmaru to vote SoupaKatmari
July - Mesmerize videogames.jpg (p1) and DeGrey (p2)
Kawaii Kangaroo - time travel to Night 2
videogames.jpg - time travel to Night 2
SoupaKatamari - time travel to Day 4

Night 2-
Reyth - Night Kill Nabe
Nabe - Kill T-block
Nabe - Poison Videogames.jpg
Kawaii Kanagaroo - Roleblock: DeGrey
videogames.jpg - protect videogames.jpg
Swiss time travels to Night 3

Night 3-
Nabe - Kills Swiss
Nabe - Poisons Ran

I think that's all of them.

Thoughts on players:

6. July - Chuck Goodrich

You... just got screwed by an unfortunate series of events.

Not much you really could have done, as it was all out of your control. You played decently enough, but weren't alive long enough as either alignment to make much of an impact or to really see the results of your play come to fruition.

9. Zen / Gova- John Titor

This slot made the right call in most situations, but never tried to really make much of an impact. Their ability was wasted, as they left actions targeting them up to chance rather than trying to get scum to target them in any meaningful way.

1. T-block - James Cole

A difficult slot to play! You played well enough; nothing outstanding, but solidified yourself as town early on, which helped prevent you from accidentally killing people. You didn't make much of an impact on the game on your own either, but did a decent job of stopping people from killing themselves, as you were an incredibly anti-town role.

3. Kataefi/Soupamario - Link

You certainly made an impact on the game, but you were the strongest role in this game by design so that is to be expected. I strongly disliked how you handled it though; you lied to town for no reason and basically presented yourself as an independent. Your entire argument that you weren't an independent was "come oooooon, man!", which was hardly convincing. The only thing that saved you is that others were scummier.

2. Raziek/Ryker - Hermione

You were probably the strongest player in this game, but you let your frustration get to you; your inability to "play on their level", so to speak, put your slot in danger. Had Nabe and Soup not played in such a way that brought suspicion down upon them, you would have been an easy lynch for no real reason. You had no major slip ups and your reasoning was sound, but you failed to work as a team player or even manipulate town to go in the right direction, ultimately presenting yourself as an anti-town presence in the minds of your teammates. In a game where you are essentially a vanilla townie for the latter half, that's a big, big deal.

12. Swiss - Bill & Ted

The second strongest role in the game, virtually unused. You were mostly inactive and didn't keep up with the game, didn't understand your role PM even when presented in-game with hypothetical situations given in your role PM, and made no attempt at making worthwhile night actions. One of the weakest players in the game by far, which was sad.

[4. videogames.jpg (Asdioh/X1-12) - John Connor

You played very well, one of the few slots that I was actually somewhat impressed with this game.... until you decided to kill yourself. Why the doctor would decide to modkill themselves, I do not know, but you were the only non-scum related town death, essentially marring what could have been a perfect game. Shame on you. :p

I was impressed with your deduction skills and teamwork; figuring out it was the terminator and reacting appropriately was a huge boon to your slot.

13. Nicholas1024 - Donnie Darko

You had scum pegged early on, and played a pretty excellent game for your slot. You kept up with the game as best as you could and you used your natural talents in a way that really targetted scum and put pressure on them. It unfortunately didn't work out due to a combination of you working on your own and PLSD commiting hari-kari on D1. I was a bit saddened to see you sticking to the "balls to the wall aggro" right out the gate again, as it weakened your role considerably, given that you made yourself a giant target for scum if you were right or a huge ally if you were wrong, and your "hints" could have put as much pressure on scum as your aggression.

That said, knowing you're going to die on D4 after the lynch phase might make some people assume they're A-OK with being an early Night target, so I can understand the reasoning. But as you can see, you would have survived your "doomed" status. =P

But still, while you didn't play to your role, you did play a solid game of mafia.

10. Ranmaru - Captain Kirk

That meltdown thing you do? You should stop that. There seems to be a "breaking point" in your games, regardless of your alignment, where you lose the ability to hide information. You just word vomit hidden info from your role PM when you feel threatened and that's incredibly dangerous. It worked out this game only because the majority of town felt "town ran would play this way" and that a double voter wasn't a scary thing to keep around in lylo. Which, by the way, is insane and would have cost them the game if you were scum so... I wouldn't expect that kind of mentality too often.

After that point you seem to do well in being a team player though, which is something most other players have trouble with. You trust someone and follow their lead, which can be useful in a game of manipulation.

If I were mafia, I'd just manipulate you to kingdom come rather than kill you; Nabe didn't play that card at all this game and instead took the brute force route and poisoned you. That worked out in your favor, I think.

So, bad job in freaking out and making your survival a coin flip, good job in being a team player.

5. Nabe - Trevor Fitzroy

Talk about a rough game. You played well enough, but you were entirely reactionary the entire game. At no point in this game was there a situation where someone could say "Nabe engineered this". Town led the game from D1, which was incredibly confusing to me given Town's lackluster play overall and mafia's abilities. At the very least you could have left a calling card with a bogus hidden message or some terminator one-liner to make people think the terminator was killing that person.

I was also a bit taken aback in that you attempted to handle Nich with logic, especially given our play in Fire Emblem. You know how to run a player like Nich, it just takes planning.

When Nich puts his teeth into someone, he doesn't let go.

Solution: Don't let him sink his teeth into you.

Problem: He put his teeth in you.

Secondary solution: make everyone else think he's crazy for doing so.

Think of it this way. If you're a murderer, and some random guy walks up to you and says "THIS MAN IS A MURDERER", and you know there is absolutely no way they can know that... Which of the following makes you seem more suspect:

A) Violently denying it and spouting off tons of logical reasons as to why you can't be a murderer, going blow for blow with him

or

B) Saying "Well SOMEONE forgot to take their meds" and laughing

The answer is always B, even if you're town. You let the "is Nabe scum" question linger all of D1 by constantly allowing it to be brought up again; it was like watching Democrats constantly remind people of Republican talking points because they were constantly trying to say "no, that's not true".

You also had an incredibly hard time because of Laundry/Kuz who basically left you high and dry early on. That's a near impossible position to be in, so I wouldn't beat yourself up about this game.

So all in all, your big problems this game were having no set ups of your making and making yourself a target from D1. Your survival to D4 wasn't so much because you were playing well in Town's eyes, but rather that other people were playing worse. You were a target at the beginning of D2, but then someone else comes out and says "I'm an indie" and then a townie modkills himself the next day, that's pretty good luck.

Your reactionary play WAS really good though; I don't know if it would fly with other groups, but your ability to not immediately be hammered on D4 is a testament to your skill at mafia. Still, you needed to step your game up this time around!

7. Laundry/Kuz - The Sorceress

Shame on you. SHAAAAAAAME. Instead of replacing out or putting thought into your actions, you deliberately go on a course to kill yourself by making yourself the final lynch in an obvious ploy to save your scummate, giving your possession replacement virtually a coin flip of a game. While this could have been an eeeeexcellent gambit later in the game, it was pretty obvious from your inactivity and complete lack of reading the game that you didn't know what was going on, so you just kind of did things and hoped for the best.

Step your game up. This was probably the worst scum play I've seen on the history of DGames, and that's saying something.

11. Reyth - The Terminator

Excellent Day play, really unfortunate Night play.

I was impressed by your ability to be considered town by every member in the game save for like, one, and it definitely made your job a lot easier. You set that up incredibly well, which was difficult for you since you were a new face. Especially so after HepAlien. o_o

You fell victim to Occam's Razor though. You immediately found your target and, instead of killing them, said "that's too easy" and let them live. I'm not sure if you would have won or not had Asdioh/X1-12 not modkilled themselves, but you played a solid game and probably had the best overall performance. This isn't quite saying much given this game's lackluster play after D1, but it's still something.

8. Vandy/J - Hiro Nakamura

Eh.... tough role. You gave up on D2 though, and were more than happy enough to bring attention to yourself on D1; hardly the right choice for an independent. I know you have experience with power roles, the both of you, and was surprised when I didn't see Vanderzant take the lead of town this game. I was equally surprised when I didn't see J buddy up with one or two players and use them to survive any onslaughts.

Play to your strengths, the both of you; everyone has their own natural 'feel' for the game, and this leads to common tendencies. I generally like making myself a target early on and weaseling out and getting information that way while simultaneously making myself less likely of a target in the future. Is this good play? For me it works, but not for others. But if I suddenly abandoned that in a game that called for it, I'd be handicapping myself by going against the grain. It's the same with you two and your own habits. Take control of them.

Nich is the perfect example of someone who plays to his strengths. Yes, this gets him in trouble a lot, but it also does good. He called scum on D1, pre-flip, and made them nervous. That's because he knows what he can do, and knows how to do it. Do the same! Take charge, buddy up, whatever it is you are good at, and improve on that aspect of your game over time.

All in all, disappointed with this game's performance and outcome. The game itself I felt was actually slightly scum favored given the terminator and mafia roles having so much direct power, so definitely didn't expect this outcome. Was sad Donnie and Titor didn't get their abilities used at all, too. :(

I haven't decided on MVP yet. At the moment, I don't think there's going to be an MVP. I might change my mind in the future, but I dunno.

#HBC | Nabe

I wish PLSD had told me from the start that he was able to possess. Having only one partner and being BP suggested a full second faction to me, but by the time I realized that was wrong I'd been playing the wrong game for a phase. I thought maybe PLSD had a restriction where they couldn't tell me they had the possession ability.

I've been referring to PLSD as PTSD all game, by the way -- surprised no one mentioned anything.

N3 I was sure I had to get rid of one of Swiss or Gova, who I thought must have an ability to counter my wanton vote restricting, and I figured that the other was a tracker. Had I known, I'd have killed Grey, and besides, I didn't think Grey would conk out and default to the obvious solution as a result. Before that, Grey had looked like a potential ML and I was counting on Reyth to back me up. Funny how things change.

D1 there was little to no manip from me because I thought I was dealing with two factions and didn't want to cast out. I legitimately wasn't here for huge portions of the game and wasn't expecting such a volume of day-to-day content, but from my catch-up until D4 I played my day game exactly as I would have as town, every post of it. I think my reasoning on Nich was right and I should've had his lynch. For that matter, I should've had the SK lynch D1, when at the time I really thought he was indy.

In my opinion, this is the most organically town game I've played in ages. Too bad my town play sucks. :(

X1-12

Smash Champion
It was Asdioh that got us modkilled. I even warned him 6 minutes before he tried voting that there's likely a punishment for it but oh no he no risten.

@OS: I really like the touches like the second sorceress pic having Rinoa in it, and giving both mafia members the Usurper wincon was really nice

Swiss

Smash Lord

12. Swiss - Bill & Ted

The second strongest role in the game, virtually unused. You were mostly inactive and didn't keep up with the game, didn't understand your role PM even when presented in-game with hypothetical situations given in your role PM, and made no attempt at making worthwhile night actions. One of the weakest players in the game by far, which was sad.
Don't have time to fully post tonight.

I'll step in to say that this is some of the most ****ing ******** reasoning I've ever seen. Apart from the fact that almost all my reads were correct (save Reyth who I should have swapped with Gova) - which in itself is good play ESPECIALLY as I had activity issues, (which you were full aware of before I started the game might I add), your role was unclear and I actually requested actions quoting you which you then refused.

Bill & Ted Logic – At the start of the game, you can tell yourself that in the future you’ll need to go back in time and Track a target player. Choose any Night phase in the future that you’ll need to go back in time, the Night you want to go back in time to track that player, and choose the player you want to track, and when the Night phase in the future you chose to go back in time in occurs, you will receive the information.

Example: At the start of the game, you choose to go back in time on Night 3 to track Overswarm on Night 1. On Night 3, Os visits Marc. You receive the information that Overswarm visited Marc as long as you survive to Night 3.

Using this N1 and N3 on Ryker is not allowed?

Cool, because that's not exactly what the role PM suggests, is it?

Hey, maybe I HAVE misread the role and still am, but I'll be ****ed if I can see how. Probably because I was so inactive.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
(Apologies in advance, but I couldn't resist.)

How I beat all of you:

This game was a fun one. Town got some lucky breaks that would have been rather tricky to win without. For example, Reyth NK'ing July N1, though it led to a Kawaii lynch (was really upset about that one despite the indy flip), took out a mafia that NOBODY would have suspected the existence of. SK's day restart saved a mislynch and gave the Nabe wagon the extra time it needed to get going, and let's not even get into video's modkill HELPING town by killing an indy (lol). However I suppose mafia got some breaks of their own (PLSD having picked one of the masons in pre game to yak, easy Kawaii lynch, video's modkill helped them as well) so it evens out somewhat.

As far as my play goes, I was hoping to draw a NK from the very beginning. I didn't think my other ability would be remotely useful, so basically me getting NK'd would waste the scum's kill. Given the outcome perhaps it would have been better if I wasn't NK'd, but who could have predicted the events that followed?

Town:

T-block:
My early game suspicion of you was dumb and tunneling, I'll admit it. When Kawaii told me I was tunneling, I stepped back, realized I'd done some dumb stuff and that your case was at least partially justified, and started looking in new more profitable directions. Anyway, you were logical, good at arguing, and were fairly obv-townie. I think Nabe would agree with me on this, as you were poisoned N1 and killed N2. Your reads weren't the most accurate, but you were willing to reevaluate them, and I would have felt comfortable with you as one of my townie partners in endgame, so on the whole I'd say you did well.

Degrey:
This playerslot was one of the most frustrating ones for me in this game. Seriously Ryker, if you try playing an appeal to authority in front of me EVER again, I'm going to point to this game. You tried and succeeded in stopping Nabe's lynch D1 (mainly thanks to PLSD's help), then tried to turn the lynch around on obv-town SK before ranting about how dumb the PLSD-scum lynch was. At least you turned it around on the last day, going after Nabe. If you'd botched that... I'd have been furious. (By the way, I'm curious, which half of the hydra was responsible for that? I rarely if ever felt Raziek's influence in the hydra, I wonder how accurate that is.)

Swiss:
You really NAILED that lurking. But seriously, be more active. Your reads were pretty good, and I think you coming out of nowhere with a Nabe scum read lent some credence to the wagon, but it was a pity you weren't more active to help me push it. I can't believe people pushed a wagon on you over PLSD on the basis of inactivity, that was so scummy and really cemented my read on you as town. Also, congrats on being the first person to be NK'd without posting the previous day phase. :awesome:

Video:
A townie modkilling themselves that actually helped town (in a way). 0_0 This is just a game of firsts. Anyway, as far as your play I felt it was solid (aside from the modkill), mainly because you were on both the Nabe and the PLSD wagons. The way you responded to my mini-case was decent, and X1's reads with reasoning helped me feel a lot better about your slot as town.

Gova:
Not much to say about your slot, aside from making the right decision on Nabe at the end, I don't feel you had much of an impact at all in the game. Your reads weren't really on target aside from that decision in the final day, and seriously, WHY DID YOU TAKE SO LONG TO DECIDE? So frustrating to have to wait a week for what you feel is an obvious decision.

Ran:
I was so sad to see you were vote blocked that last day, as I felt you would have definitely helped SK make that Nabe lynch happen regardless of what Degrey/Gova did. Your response to Zen's gambit was definitely Classic Ran and helped me figure out your alignment... but it wasn't a GOOD reaction. Seriously, there was no reason to claim there. Try to keep your role secret unless there's a good reason to do otherwise, just randomly claiming won't help town.

SK:
We shall hold a disco ball in honor of your saving town! ;) Seriously though, Soup's reactions go right up there with Ran's, they seem obv-scummy if you don't know the meta, and obv-townie if you do. Work on taking a little more time to post Soup, and thinking stuff through a little more. As far as Kat goes, the play was good aside from the odd claim mixup, I just wished you'd posted more often early on, it would have stopped some of the suspicion on your slot. The day restart was perfectly timed and helped out a ton with the Nabe wagon, so thanks for all the help. :)

Nicholas1024:
I should probably confess, after D1 I was really hoping for gold dice when the game ended. ;)

Indy:

Reyth:
You were the victim of bad luck. Your early game play (after the initial lurking) felt really obv-town, but you fell off later in D1. However, there's no way you'd have been lynched before Nabe and Degrey first, so you'd have been safe for a while. The main reason you lost was due to your target modkilling themselves, and there's really nothing you could have done about that. So... good job on what you did. I'll be carefully watching you in future games.

Kawaii:
You being indy makes me :(. Seriously though, why on earth did you claim indy D2? You had a huge chance of getting Nabe lynched D2, with me being the NK (if you and July were the only remaining scum, why NK your biggest ally?), PLSD saving Nabe from the lynch, not to mention my huge case against Nabe D1. After a D2 Nabe lynch you'd have been mostly clear, as 4 mafia in a 13 man game is really unlikely. Your D1 play was great, but your D2 stuff really frustrated me, and I don't know why you played that way. :/

Mafia:

PLSD:
I just have to be blunt here, your play was horrible. If you're not planning on keeping up and playing, replace out and let someone else play. Your gambit to save Nabe at the end of D1 was more or less suicide with how badly you were lurking, and after your lynch Nabe should have been dead, leaving it basically up to the yak target to win.

Nabe:
You were a tough one to catch. Your main mistake was making that case on me when there was really nothing new except that one "scum slip", and you had me as townie before. That made me question your motivation behind everything, leading to my enormous case on you. It was tricky getting the support, but instead of letting our argument focus on why you were scummy, you should have turned it back around on me, having us go back and forth over my case, as there were points in there that I couldn't really answer aside from "Yeah, that was a mistake" and hoping it would drop. Still, you played well on the whole, and I'm amazed you lasted into D4 after PLSD's flip.

Overswarm:
This game was really fun to play in, and it's a pity everything sort of trailed off after D1. I had a blast, and I plan on signing up for more of your games sometime. 3000 posts in D1... I still can't believe it. How useful would it have been for me to live past N1 by the way? I thought the way I played fit the role perfectly, if I was right mafia would waste their NK on me, if I was wrong mafia would unexpectedly lose an ally for endgame. It's a win-win (sorta) for town.

T-block

B2B TST
I have no clue how to play PGO -_- I thought about claiming in my first post, but I figured that would just cast town into a bunch of confusion that would probably end in my eventual lynch (which I guess wouldn't have been the worst thing...). Judging from the picture OS posted in the signup thread, I speculated that there would be time travelling doc and tracker/watcher, and a cop that didn't time travel, so I didn't want to be too obvtown. I failed to consider that the killers wouldn't really have much of a reason to time travel though =\ I ended up going for an town-but-with-no-connections kind of state while giving off PR vibes, which is why I was tunneling Ran (he really was my number one scumpick...) without looking much into others. I was pretty happy when Zen called out my GUN crumb and interpreted as vig (in any other situation though, why would you call that out? -_-) and sorta ran with that.

Ryker, did you pick up my PGO crumb? o.o

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Yeah, someone needs to make a list of Classic Swiss quotes, I laughed really hard when you originally posted that.

X1-12

Smash Champion
july(town) claimed town masons with KK (indy) then on N1 July became Mafia and died

@T-block: Did you ever think of claiming miller? No cop would bother targeting you nor would a doc. You could have got vigged but 13 man games with a PGO is unlikely to have 3 killing roles.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Here's a post death PM I sent to OS before I knew the setup, enjoy!

Nicholas1024 said:
Overswarm said:
Your play was traditional Nich, which was good enough; I feel Katamari saved you though with the Day repeat, as did the active town. I can't give you info about the game yet, but you'll receive results when the game is over ^_^
Yeah, SK doing the day repeat was a great break for me, as was town being active enough to pull off the PLSD lynch. Well, here's my final reads for posterity.

KK: Call me crazy, but I think the slot is town, and that mafia pulled some night action shenanigans to make July flip scum. The reasoning for this is largely tied into Nabe, PLSD pulling that gambit to save Nabe makes me VERY certain Nabe's scum, and I think I was NK'd because scum knew I'd keep tunneling (aside from being semi-cleared by the PLSD lynch).

Nabe: I'm really mad this guy is going to get away...

Degrey: I think he's the third scum. I suppose Ryker being Ryker is a possibility, but the PLSD shipping him and Degrey trying to protect PLSD doesn't feel like bad town to me, I think they're scum together. You know, part of me wanted to lynch this slot purely for Ryker's attitude. Most infuriating stuff I've ever dealt with.

Swiss: If my reads are correct, he's town's only hope. He's the only player I think has a shot of seeing through the shenanigans and convincing town to lynch mafia.

SK: Definitely townie.

Ran: Pretty sure he's town, but I'm really worried mafia's going to play him and use his double voting for their advantage. Wanna bet he was role blocked?

Gova: If I'm wrong on any of my other scum picks, Gova would be my next choice, Zen going against his other reads to just sheep Reyth felt really wrong to me, and Gova's reads have been aligned with the Nabe/Degrey combo all game.

Reyth: Dumb or scum, but I think I'm leaning dumb, if he was scum I think he'd have piled onto the SK lynch.

T-block: I think he has a shot of helping town out this game. He's a logical enough thinker, but I disagree with a lot of his reads. I hope he comes around...

video: I think this is classic Fire Emblem style X1. That says enough.

By the way, don't forget to give Degrey those mod votes for messing up on his hydra. I want that scumbag lynched.

One last note, were you enjoying all the Fire Emblem comparisons that were being thrown around (since you mega DOMINATED that game).

Top Bottom