• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Because he can easily make new games with little effort and each one will get mass publicity and keep him financially secure.
I mean yeah, that is kind of obvious

Because it's his series and he can do what he wants with it? There's no rule that says Scott has to stop making FNAF games. Lots of creators migh say their done with a series, but many come back to it anyway. If you don't like the series, just ignore it. Personally I have no strong opinions about FNAF one way or the other. I see it, I shrug, and I get on with my day.

Speaking of getting on with my day, check out this AMAZING Lobster Lord and Angry Bro cosplay I found!

I mean, i guess so. Just look at Sakurai for example. Thing is though, i would ignore it.... if i could.

See I follow Markiplier and MatPat and watch a fair bit of there content and well, you know what they are like with FNAF. So yeah, it's hard to avoid sometimes. The vids are just really interesting/funny.

I'm curious to know what exactly are the FNAF games that Unknown Merc is so opposes to?
They're "horror" games in which the objective is to survive five nights (hence the name) from murderous animatronics through a game in which you hit buttons in a certain manner to prevent them from reaching you, with each night being progressively harder.

The Merc The Merc isn't keen on them because there has been four games (not counting spinoffs) over the course of a year with little changes aside from the lore and the series has a notorious fanbase to list a few reasons.
no, that's not it......

*sigh

It's cause I'm scared of animatronics. I have Automatonophobia, i think.

Leave me alone....

:135:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
no, that's not it......

*sigh

It's cause I'm scared of animatronics. I have Automatonophobia, i think.

Leave me alone....

There's nothing to be embarrassed about being afraid of something. We're all afraid of something.

Take a look at me, I'm an arachnophobe. Aside from jumping spiders, I WILL NOT go near one.

I apologize for the earlier accusation. It's just that those are the usual complaints I hear about the games.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
There's nothing to be embarrassed about being afraid of something. We're all afraid of something.

Take a look at me, I'm an arachnophobe. Aside from jumping spiders, I WILL NOT go near one.

I apologize for the earlier accusation. It's just that those are the usual complaints I hear about the games.
Wait, your scared of spiders?

I'm sorry, I shouldn't be laughing. You're just really nice to me.

I don't know what it is, but when ever i find someone scared of spiders, I just laugh. It's hilarious. Might be cause I'm Australian i don't know.

Again, I apologies. But seriously, it's alright, it would seem logical to say that given the hatred for the series, but to be honest, i do like the theories that Scott has managed to create with it.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Wait, your scared of spiders?

I'm sorry, I shouldn't be laughing. You're just really nice to me.

I don't know what it is, but when ever i find someone scared of spiders, I just laugh. It's hilarious. Might be cause I'm Australian i don't know.

Again, I apologies. But seriously, it's alright, it would seem logical to say that given the hatred for the series, but to be honest, i do like the theories that Scott has managed to create with it.

Don't worry about it. It doesn't bother me.

Also, I agree with the behind the scenes for the games, especially the first one. It's one of the only few reasons that I'm okay with the series.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Don't worry about it. It doesn't bother me.

Also, I agree with the behind the scenes for the games, especially the first one. It's one of the only few reasons that I'm okay with the series.
You know I just realised the irony of the video I posted.

Yeah, though it's funny to see how much it has developed (seriously just watch MatPat's first FNAF video and computer o his latest one)

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I mean, i guess so. Just look at Sakurai for example. Thing is though, i would ignore it.... if i could.

See I follow Markiplier and MatPat and watch a fair bit of there content and well, you know what they are like with FNAF. So yeah, it's hard to avoid sometimes. The vids are just really interesting/funny.
I suppose that would make it a bit harder to avoid, but you could always just, y'know NOT watch those specific videos. But that all depends on how debilitating your phobia is versus how entertaining you find them.

I will say the one facet of FNAF that does kinda piss me off is it's effect on the Let's Play community, specifically how it became another easy series for view whores to flood Youtube with crappy LP's. A lot like Slenderman.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I finished Revelations

Birthright and Conquest were not as awesome as Revelations

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I suppose that would make it a bit harder to avoid, but you could always just, y'know NOT watch those specific videos. But that all depends on how debilitating your phobia is versus how entertaining you find them.

I will say the one facet of FNAF that does kinda piss me off is it's effect on the Let's Play community, specifically how it became another easy series for view whores to flood Youtube with crappy LP's. A lot like Slenderman.
That is very true. There number of let's played that just randomly appeared. Then again, it is what lead me to Markiplier, so that's something. And speaking of which, he and others (like Jack) manage to put a nice twist on things

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That is very true. There number of let's played that just randomly appeared. Then again, it is what lead me to Markiplier, so that's something. And speaking of which, he and others (like Jack) manage to put a nice twist on things

You're on the wrong side

#TeamSpiderman

Last edited:

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
Even though I live in the US I haven't gotten Fates yet. So let me ask, is it really worth buying all of it? I'm still thinking about it, and I'm terribly indecisive.
I enjoyed Awakening, but I'm not sure about spending $79.99 or so for all 3 paths then paying that $17.99 for the DLC Pack.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Even though I live in the US I haven't gotten Fates yet. So let me ask, is it really worth buying all of it? I'm still thinking about it, and I'm terribly indecisive.
I enjoyed Awakening, but I'm not sure about spending $79.99 or so for all 3 paths then paying that $17.99 for the DLC Pack.
I'd start out with just one of the paths and just add on when you get a jump in finances, at least that's what I did. It's entirely up to you, though.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Lifetime sales of Fire Emblem Fates is at 1.84 million units sold. And this is before Fates is released in Europe.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I still haven't touched Fates. My cousin stopped playing it so I could always get it back from him but I'm in no rush to play it. Currently playing Tales of the Abyss when I'm at work and Kirby's Epic Yarn at home. Debating between Fallout 4 and Dragon Age Inquisition once Epic Yarn is done. Gave up on my Lunatic Awakening playthrough since I got to the first chapter where every unit is 2nd tier and I only had like 5 2nd tier units at best. Robin who was on like her third or fourth class change, Chrom, Frederick who had class changed, Virion and Lissa I think were the only ones.

Not gonna lie, somewhat reluctant to play Fates since I'm afraid of disliking it and losing interest in the series. I already know there's damn child units again which I can't stand. Interesting to me how I'm indifferent to Fates at the moment yet I'm hyped up for Kirby Planet Robobot.

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
I've been doing a Lunatic run of Conquest for about two weeks now, and there have been moments that I had difficulty passing, but I think I finally made it to a point where I'm stuck.
It's chapter 25, and throughout the entire level there are these guys
mitama3.jpe

They're all behind walls and positioned in a way that makes them difficult to get to, some of them have seal defense, they're all in groups of 4-ish

mitama2.jpe

This is Xander after one turn with them. You basically have to kill them before they even get a chance to attack, but that's obviously easier said than done.

I've reset at least 12 good attempts by now. In some ways I feel like I'm close to beating the level, and in other ways I feel like I'm nowhere near beating it

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Lifetime sales of Fire Emblem Fates is at 1.84 million units sold. And this is before Fates is released in Europe.
And there's an FE mobile game.
"Back in my day FE was a niche, Japan only series!"

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Nintendo NX officially confirmed for a March 2017 release!
Source - http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/27/11516352/nintendo-nx-confirmed-release-date (plus Twitter and every gaming site)

Unfortunately...

and...

No that's fine, I didn't wanna play Zelda Wii U this year anyway... No really, IT'S. FINE.

GOD ****ING DAMMIT NINTENDO!!! **** **** #&!*^ #@^! # *!^ # %@*!% !*^$@

sigh..... well at least it's coming to Wii U as well.....
*continues rage

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm fine with Zelda Wii U being delayed as long as they make it as perfect as it can get. As far as the NX goes, not interested.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
I couldn't find a video thread, so I'll ask here.
Would you all be willing to critique my Robin? Here's some friendlies with one of the best Pac-Man players in my region. I play Robin from the start of the video until about 20 minutes in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JillwkX-oes

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
There is a God. There is a God. There is a God. This is the proof.
IMG_0248.JPG
IMG_0249.JPG

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Thanks to this video I discovered why my attempts to Checkmate were likely to fail...

Anyway, someone wants to do some battles?

Nah

Smash Champion
idk if it's more grammatically correct but the second one sounds better to me

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
If directly translated into Italian I would say that the USA one fits better for that phrase, but I agree that the second one sounds better. Still, I can't really give a specific answer since I don't know all the English grammar.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Nintendo NX officially confirmed for a March 2017 release!
Source - http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/27/11516352/nintendo-nx-confirmed-release-date (plus Twitter and every gaming site)

Unfortunately...

and...

No that's fine, I didn't wanna play Zelda Wii U this year anyway... No really, IT'S. FINE.
To be honest, I'm okay with Zelda getting delayed. I have other games to focus on, other projects to finish, and this'll give me more time to save up for an NX. As for the NX itself, I'm okay with waiting until March if it means there'll be plenty of games available at launch, and I'm willing to bet Nintendo's going to hold their own event where they reveal it. What better way to ensure the public eye is on you than by bringing Spaceworld back (or a counterpart), rather than unveiling it at E3 and risking getting ignored and treated like a second class company yet again?

Nah

Smash Champion
Beat my first Xenoblade Chronicles X superboss today :)

He's probably one of the easier ones, but it's nice to see your build come together and work out (even if mine's sub-optimal).

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
The Euro one. Literally no competition

America spells words stupidly (no offence)

I may have learned English only, but I still don't understand why we spell things so differently. Even better, the pronunciation of the letter "z" as "zee" here versus "zed".

Top Bottom