• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I am a bit curious, was there a particular basis (like a popularity poll) to choose the characters that get portraits in this DLC?
Yes. Like Awakening, there was a popular character poll which was then used to make the CGs and a couple of 3DS themes.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

IT'S OVER! IT'S OVER! VORTICE, THE DEIFIC BEAST IS DOWN! THE SUPER-TYRANT IS DEAD!

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I'll guess it's not based on this one as the selections seem pretty off otherwise
Well, "BASED" if were going to be more accurate considering some characters who didn't rank high got CGs. Like I said, it's similar to what they did with Awakening. Why characters like Setsuna or Subaki got CGs, I don't know.

IT'S OVER! IT'S OVER! VORTICE, THE DEIFIC BEAST IS DOWN! THE SUPER-TYRANT IS DEAD!
Still playing I see. I might need to back and play some more.

Last edited:

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
I am trying to kill every Tyrant in the game. There's only six more left on my hit-list.

This is my personale Skell, his name is "Acker EX" and with his help I soloed all the Tyrants you mentioned above (except Lugalbanda, for it I used a infinite sleep build with knife and dual guns).
It's currently running a build I personally idealized and perfected (actually is nothing special, some GP augments and some other things) which basically makes is overdrive infinite, therefore makes him immortal (Lailah's overdrive increase defense, regenerate HP and gives debuffs immunity).
You and everyone who still playing the game should try this build, is not that hard to make, only a little bit tedious, but it's definitely worth the effort.

I miss this game, the >300 hour I spent on it were fantastic ;-;

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871

Kaden confirmed to be Reyn.
Yet another reason to like Kaden.

The Nohr Festival of Bonds CGs have been posted!

Interesting to see Setsuna and Subaki considering they didn't place super high on the popularity poll.
It's also weird that the royals have CGs.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
The Nohr Festival of Bonds CGs have been posted!

I'm officially making that Oboro CG my avatar now.

Also, with Batman v. Superman coming out soon, who here's gonna watch it? I'm planning on seeing it with my brother on either Thursday or Friday.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
I'm officially making that Oboro CG my avatar now.

Also, with Batman v. Superman coming out soon, who here's gonna watch it? I'm planning on seeing it with my brother on either Thursday or Friday.
I'm seeing it Friday. Hopefully it feels more Superman than Man Of Steel did, even with Batman in it!

Nah

Smash Champion

...oh **** Vortice isn't that Gularth tyrant near the volcanic crater? I thought it was so when I accepted that mission I was all like "should be fine, I've killed it once before".

yeah idk if I can kill that

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
...oh **** Vortice isn't that Gularth tyrant near the volcanic crater? I thought it was so when I accepted that mission I was all like "should be fine, I've killed it once before".

yeah idk if I can kill that
Nope. There's no basic mission for that Tyrant. At the very least, Vortice is only Super-Tyrant that's tied to a basic mission. I had to use 9 Piscinoid Slayer XXs to kill these beast. This was my progress from the fight before I finally killed it.

Since you don't see yourself beating this thing anytime soon, here's the additional details the enemy index provided for this Super-Tyrant.

"It is considered large, even for a colobrium".
Even though it's just a palette swap of Elvira, the Talondrake.

I was fortunate Alexa was even still alive. Vortice kept descending to whatever area Alexa fell in after her skell got destroyed allowing me to take full advantage of my attack from above and in front augments. When I finally killed it, Sono Chi No Sadame was playing on my head. Six more Tyrants leftl. I think I'm going to pay my good friends Nardaycen, the Shadowless, and Leva'el, the Terminus a visit.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Nope. There's no basic mission for that Tyrant. At the very least, Vortice is only Super-Tyrant that's tied to a basic mission. I had to use 9 Piscinoid Slayer XXs to kill these beast. This was my progress from the fight before I finally killed it.

Since you don't see yourself beating this thing anytime soon, here's the additional details the enemy index provided for this Super-Tyrant.

"It is considered large, even for a colobrium".
Even though it's just a palette swap of Elvira, the Talondrake.

I was fortunate Alexa was even still alive. Vortice kept descending to whatever area Alexa fell in after her skell got destroyed allowing me to take full advantage of my attack from above and in front augments. When I finally killed it, Sono Chi No Sadame was playing on my head. Six more Tyrants leftl. I think I'm going to pay my good friends Nardaycen, the Shadowless, and Leva'el, the Terminus a visit.
How do you even kill a big ass tyrant like that?

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
Wow, after getting decimated in Pokken by even low win rate players whenever I go online, I managed to get a perfect game off of someone. They actually ragequit near the very end of the first round (they just stopped playing, but they didn't disconnect). It feels really weird having someone ragequit online, I don't think that's ever happened to me before despite how many matches I've played on For Glory. It feels kind of bad and good at the same time. At least I'm maybe getting better!

Other than that, I have a friend who got Birthright and Revelations, and he played through Birthright as a Fighter, and decided halfway through the game to try and get a focus on getting his crit as high as possible so he could use his forged great club (which he named Great Justice) to maximum effect.
So I took it upon myself to try and find the highest critical value you could achieve in Fates and came up with 151 total crit. Which means that if someone doesn't want to go up against a 100% chance to crit, they have to have Percy within two spaces of someone that has more than 36 Luck. That's a pretty high threshold. Even then you'll still be going up against around 95% crit at the least.
The full setup is extremely situational, but it's fun to theorize.
Female Corrin as a Berserker, Skill Boon(And a bane that doesn't take away from skill) + S Rank Arthur supporting in guard stance+ Great Club (+7) + Rally Skill + Skill Tonic + Gamble, Death Blow and Awakening all activated all result in the highest possible crit you can get. You have two skill spaces left, ideally for Vantage and Certain Blow. I'm 99% sure that Kana, with the right support, can go higher than that, but I'm too lazy to find out which other kid is optimal.

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
How do you even kill a big *** tyrant like that?
You can use the super OP Zenith Cannon build that I think can one-shot every tyrant in the game. It actually hits the cap on the amount of damage a single attack can do. (It's like 99999999 damage, or something. I might have the number of digits wrong, but you get the picture.)

You can also use the super OP Blossom Dance build that I also think can one-shot every tyrant in the game, but that build won't work on flying tyrants unless you can lure them to the ground, since it requires being outside your Skell.

Last edited:

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
some of the art for the CGs looks really ****ing weird lol. like what's up with Setsuna's and Camilla's in particular? something just looks so off. bleh seems like they got a bit lazy with the dlc artwork. I guess it's okay since the artwork ingame is just stunning :v

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771

Just gonna drop some JoJo in the thread. Back to the lurking realm I shall go.

(Also still wishing for Fates still.)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So I just watched Batman v Superman. It was surprisingly really good.
Eh if I were to sum it up I'd say:
Yeah there's really good stuff like Batfleck, Gal Gadot and Jeremy Irons as well as the action but there's really bad stuff too. I found Eisenberg dreadful as Lex, Lois was nothing more than a damsel in distress and Doomsday as a whole being wasted and looking like a cave troll (My Dad actually said that exactly like Sean Bean).

Not terrible like some say but there's some promise.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Yeah there's really good stuff like Batfleck, Gal Gadot and Jeremy Irons as well as the action but there's really bad stuff too. I found Eisenberg dreadful as Lex, Lois was nothing more than a damsel in distress and Doomsday as a whole being wasted and looking like a cave troll (My Dad actually said that exactly like Sean Bean).

That's how I feel too, for the most part. I was scaling that mainly by what I was expecting.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002

I'm going to go see it tonight, so I appreciate your output on it. At least I know what to expect now.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
We're going to hear Matthew Mercer sing thanks to that Fates DLC recently released in Japan!

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
We're going to hear Matthew Mercer sing thanks to that Fates DLC recently released in Japan!
That teaser tho.
He must have just done some amount of recording/singing for said DLC if that twitter is anything to go off of.

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Really need to beat Conquest already. Not allowing myself to play most of the dlc until I start Revelations.

Also, FINALLY! !MRobin gets the Grandmaster treatment in the Cipher games!
tumblr_o46r6nTuaJ1t0mwvco1_1280.jpg
tumblr_o46r6nTuaJ1t0mwvco2_1280.jpg

Now all that's left is a !FMorgan card and I am set.

Also I really like how the Levin Sword is becoming his canon weapon(along with Thoron).

Last edited:
Top Bottom