• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So, how 'bout that patch? Looks like ZSS might not hard counter us any more, Sheik might be even, and we straight up beat Meta Knight now!
Don't think Sheik will be even, but definitely easier.

Twitter please
There was a problem fetching the tweet
*still has to wait another two months for Fates*

Urghhhhhhhhh......

That's one more....
Well, looking on the bright side, his still near top tier character

:135:

ThatRandomGuy42

Mr Arcfire
NNID
ThatRandomGuy42
3DS FC
4914-4785-4189
While Robin might not have gotten massive buffs themselves, the fact that the worse MUs were nerfed means Robin will have an overall easier time.
Y'know, unless it's Pikachu.

We're still f*cked in that case.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Because I know you too well...

Y'know, the more I see these, the more tempted I get to go through @Matsushi's Twitter, rip a picture of her, and photoshop her face onto one of these.

Actually, someone get me a picture! I going to go do just that!

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

I'm currently at chapter 14 of Birthright and one of my proudest moment was me finally getting Jakob the Chef's hat and Flame Shuriken. Birthright is going to get a lot more interesting now!

ElementUser

Smash Cadet
Are the Jab knockback increases really a buff? I'm not a Robin main (she's a character I play for fun now), but I always loved getting my ~20% wind jabs in when the opponent is at 0%. Now I feel that they can get out easily even at 0% and Wind Jab just isn't worth it anymore. Only put in 2 games against a Corrin with the 1.1.5 Robin though, but that's enough to get a first impression of the jab changes for me.

They do lead to more reliable Fire jabs earlier though, but Fire tome uses are already super limited as is :S

Last edited:

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Are the Jab knockback increases really a buff? I'm not a Robin main (she's a character I play for fun now), but I always loved getting my ~20% wind jabs in when the opponent is at 0%. Now I feel that they can get out easily even at 0% and Wind Jab just isn't worth it anymore. Only put in 2 games against a Corrin with the 1.1.5 Robin though, but that's enough to get a first impression of the jab changes for me.

They do lead to more reliable Fire jabs earlier though, but Fire tome uses are already super limited as is :S
Typically, when something in our jab is tweaked, it tends to be a double edged sword, but for the most part beneficial; for instance, the tweak to make wind jab less escapable by all characters at the expense of fire jab becoming more escapable by all characters (I believe that was 1.0.6? Don't quote me on it).
Here, the idea seems to be to make fastfallers more susceptible to wind jab (they were able to fall and shield it before) at the expense of making floatier characters being able to escape more easily, but that is where fire jab comes in handy :smirk:

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
if you play a good one they'll pretty much style on you.

also running under ****ing arcfire is amazing.
Not if I out Style them with some Falcon. You know

"Show me ya Moves" :4falcon:

The honestly, why does everyone find Pika annoying? I mean, I can see a few reasons (that dam fair), but nothing real that stands out or can't be worked around.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Having beated both Fire Emblem Fates Diamond and Pearl versions, I'm now moving on to Fire Emblem Fates Platinum. To me, the other two versions were just adverts for the final one. The real game starts now. Let's do this. :happysheep:

(see you all in a couple of weeks.)

ThatRandomGuy42

Mr Arcfire
NNID
ThatRandomGuy42
3DS FC
4914-4785-4189
Man you guys are lucky. Can't play Fates till MAY.

MAY.

DOES IT TAKE THAT LONG TO CHANGE ALL THE "MOM"S TO "MUM"S?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

MAY.

I doubt they're even touching the English script, unless NoE are doing their own translation (which is unlikely, they just used the American localisation for Awakening. Maybe some name changes at most, like in the Tellius games/Shadow Dragon). Probably the entire reason for the delay is the other European languages that NoE alone are responsible for providing translations for.

Last edited:

ThatRandomGuy42

Mr Arcfire
NNID
ThatRandomGuy42
3DS FC
4914-4785-4189
I doubt they're even touching the English script, unless NoE are doing their own translation (which is unlikely, they just used the American localisation for Awakening. Maybe some name changes at most, like in the Tellius games/Shadow Dragon). Probably the entire reason for the delay is the other European languages that NoE alone are responsible for providing translations for.
Better than my excuse. I just want to play Fates to avoid any more spoilers. Getting pretty difficult.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

MAY.

Ikr? Why so long?! ;-;

Still don't see why we Aussies have to wait 2 freaking months.....

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Australia's basically an outpost of Europe these days :p
Real answer: because Australia's in the PAL region alongside Europe, so for 95% of releases they follow the same release schedule.
I blame the British for that.

Though I still understand why a game like Smash can (discluding Japan) can be release across the world on the same Date yet not Fire Emblem. It's just really weird.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Though I still understand why a game like Smash can (discluding Japan) can be release across the world on the same Date yet not Fire Emblem. It's just really weird.
Because Fire Emblem games are far more text-heavy than Smash. With Smash you're just translating menus and trophy text, but FE games have 30-odd chapters of dialogue, support conversations, and so on, and this time around they have three games to translate at once, and check against each other for consistency.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Because Fire Emblem games are far more text-heavy than Smash. With Smash you're just translating menus and trophy text, but FE games have 30-odd chapters of dialogue, support conversations, and so on, and this time around they have three games to translate at once, and check against each other for consistency.
Yeah, well looking at some of the American ones, they seem to be doing a pretty "great" job at that :smirk:.

Also, aren't there like 1000+ trophies plus music? Isn't that still a lot to translate?

Nah

Smash Champion
Idk wind jab still seems fine to me

(I believe that was 1.0.6? Don't quote me on it)
It was 1.0.6 yeah.

The honestly, why does everyone find Pika annoying? I mean, I can see a few reasons (that dam fair), but nothing real that stands out or can't be worked around.

Quick Attack is a pain the ass to deal with, and once he gets in on you it's hard to get him off since Robin's not great at that.

That and hearing "PIKA-CHU! PIKA-CHU!" every time they use Tjolt is a bit grating on the ears

AureusVulpes

Triforce of AURA

Tfw I can finally tip the scales. :4robinm:
This is like the only amiibo that I'd want that I'm still missing. Also, I looked at all my amiibo boxes and none of them have a "No. X" at the top right, just the age suggestion of 6+. That's wierd.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
My Robin amiibo is a Reflet~ Looking at my 14 (soon to be 15) amiibos, I've had to order 6 online: :4dedede::4myfriends::4lucina::4marth::4metaknight::4robinm:. Wanted every FE amiibo for Codename Steam and I had to spend $40+ on every one of them. Love my city for having only 1 game store with only the most common amiibo and the new ones nowadays. Lucky I'm even getting Roy from there. Wal-Mart has some too but mostly the same as EB Games.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I think the number is just a thing on European amiibo boxes. Haven't seen it on any US or Japanese ones.
The US versions have the +6 label

The Japanese versions has nothing on the top right corner.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Quick Attack is a pain the *** to deal with, and once he gets in on you it's hard to get him off since Robin's not great at that.

That and hearing "PIKA-CHU! PIKA-CHU!" every time they use Tjolt is a bit grating on the ears
Yeah, Quick Attack is pretty annoying.

Oh, so like Sanic?

Spc2799

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spc2799
Ive gotta say, this board seems like a bunch of fun! You all seem to have a good time around here. Hopefully ill see you all around more often! I'm planning on putting more time into my Robin as a serious secondary, what are the match ups i should read up on??

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Random images I found
40245973_p12_master1200.jpg
tumblr_inline_nu6mv62v9a1qevws2_500.png
tumblr_nrsk7g9e0r1t11733o1_1280.png

Really need to get back to studying Japanese...

Also the Kitsune level is trickier than I thought it was.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Aaaaaah yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! It's Pokkén Time!!!

But I can't play it yet cause I don't have the Wii U at my apartment, fortunately though me and my sister are going home this afternoon for Easter Break, and then it's POKKEN MARATHON AHOY!

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Ok, talking about Pokkén, why this Magikarp's related music is so awesome?

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
Ive gotta say, this board seems like a bunch of fun! You all seem to have a good time around here. Hopefully ill see you all around more often! I'm planning on putting more time into my Robin as a serious secondary, what are the match ups i should read up on??
Hi! Hope you enjoy your time here! Ideally you should read up on every matchup you can :p
The top tiers are a priority. Mainly Shiek, ZSS, and Cloud because those are the biggest threats to Robin (Maybe Bayonetta as well? I don't know enough to comment on this). Robin has surprisingly even matchups against a lot of other top tier characters like Rosalina, Sonic, Ryu and MK (especially now). Mario is another troublesome matchup if you don't know how to deal with him, but he's manageable after some practice.

Random images I found

Really need to get back to studying Japanese...

Also the Kitsune level is trickier than I thought it was.
I really did not like the Kitsune level for some reason. I thought the idea was neat at first, but it just turned into me pairing all my low defense guys with all my high defense guys and huddling up.

Aaaaaah yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! It's Pokkén Time!!!

But I can't play it yet cause I don't have the Wii U at my apartment, fortunately though me and my sister are going home this afternoon for Easter Break, and then it's POKKEN MARATHON AHOY!
Nice! I'm gonna get my copy sometime within the weekend. Definitely wouldn't mind having a few Pokken matches with you whenever we both can!
Ok, talking about Pokkén, why this Magikarp's related music is so awesome?
Are you implying Magikarp ISN'T awesome? I mean, they can jump over mountains for Pete's sake. If that's not impressive for the sheer physical ability, at the very least you have to respect the fact that they can survive hurtling through the thinner more treacherous mountain air for so long and not die of dehydration (or would it be asphyxiation?).
:p

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Are you implying Magikarp ISN'T awesome? I mean, they can jump over mountains for Pete's sake. If that's not impressive for the sheer physical ability, at the very least you have to respect the fact that they can survive hurtling through the thinner more treacherous mountain air for so long and not die of dehydration (or would it be asphyxiation?).
:p
It wasn't my intention to mean that Magikarp isn't awesome, is indeed a perfect life form.
My apologies.

:129:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Guys, I need my some help.

I'm tiring to decide if I should get the Zelda new 3ds XL or the Fates one but I can't decide.

Heres the thing

I want to choose the Zelda on cause Zelda my fav series off all time but I kind of like the looks of the Fates one more. It's just a bit more simple and I like it. Argh, I don't know, helps please?

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Guys, I need my some help.

I'm tiring to decide if I should get the Zelda new 3ds XL or the Fates one but I can't decide.

Heres the thing

I want to choose the Zelda on cause Zelda my fav series off all time but I kind of like the looks of the Fates one more. It's just a bit more simple and I like it. Argh, I don't know, helps please?

The Majora's Mask one, right? Or was it the other one? If it were up to me, I would go with the MM one, mainly because I like MM, I think it's cool looking, and I'm a sucker for metallic colors.

I'd go with the Zelda one based on the notion of "I'm a Zelda fan." If you really DO like the Fates one though, go for it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom