• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
aha actually she doesn't have a brand, that's just the lighting making the eyes look weird. i need to work on adding that for the next one, wracked my brains on it but couldn't think of a viable way to make it without the large possibility of it going to **** and not being able to redo.
I know it doesn't have the brand per se, it's just that the lighter eye implied that that was the eye with the brand. Thanks for clarifying that it was just the lighting in the room.

_Shinta_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinta_kenshin
3DS FC
4914-4219-5499
Hey Peeps,

Robin main whose played about 8 months competitively. Located in the SoCal area and looking for some friendlies and dittos to play. Looking to master the character as I think Robin is very good and very fun to play. Would love to join the discord server if that's still up.

Hit me up whenever.

Nah

Smash Champion
Hey Peeps,

Robin main whose played about 8 months competitively. Located in the SoCal area and looking for some friendlies and dittos to play. Looking to master the character as I think Robin is very good and very fun to play. Would love to join the discord server if that's still up.

Hit me up whenever.
If you're interested in doing a few matches now, I'd be willing to do some in a bit.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Happy birthday Kotor Kotor !
Kotor Kotor Happy Birthday You Sexy Mother ******(song reference)
You're welcome! Happy birthday! :D
View attachment 99856
Happ birth Kotor Kotor

Come here so you can get your birthday 2 stock
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kotor Kotor MY FELLOW NOHRIAN PATRIOT!

(although I'm sure by now you've collected every piece of Ophelia fanart in existence :p)
Happy Birthday Kotor Kotor ! Congrats on hitting the big 2-0!
Kotor Kotor Happy bday fellow Ophelia fan.
Happy birthday Kotor Kotor :)
And what kind of Kotor Kotor Birthday Party would be complete without JOJO JOKES?!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to go huddle in the fetal position for a few hours over Digimon Adventure tri. 2 Determination.
But anyways, the real reason I'm here is to join in the birthday festivities!

Happy 20th Kotor Kotor ! Gratz on the premium. I tried making Ophelia, but she never came out right, so I drew Robin instead. It's pretty messy, but I hope you appreciate it anyways. :)
Happy Birthday Kotor Kotor ! I hope you have a wonderful day! :)
Happy birthday Kotor Kotor !:bluejump:
TFW when you forget to tell Kotor Kotor Happy Birthday on time
. I was sick yesterday, f-forgive me :O!

Happy Late Birthday Kotor! This is for youuuu :) View attachment 99960It's not much, but please take it! Hope you had a great day~
Happy late birthday Kotor Kotor !!
Hey guys, these days I was extremely busy but now I'm finally back!

Happy late birthday Kotor Kotor !
Thank you.png

D

Deleted member

I just beat Revelation a few hours ago.
As a whole, I think that Fates is better than Awakening. I think the gameplay, story, and map designs are all better in Fates rather than in Awakening.
If I had to complain about Revelation, it's that the maps got very gimmicky at the end of the game...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just beat Revelation a few hours ago.
As a whole, I think that Fates is better than Awakening. I think the gameplay, story, and map designs are all better in Fates rather than in Awakening.
If I had to complain about Revelation, it's that the maps got very gimmicky at the end of the game...
Like, on a scale of WWE gimmicky to Anime gimmicky, how gimmicky were the maps?

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
On Chp. 18 on Conquest, not too crazy but you really do need to watch your spacing. And those double generals though...

A little while ago I was randomly browsing on Amazon and saw the Robin amiibo on a side bar. Was curious about how the sales were doing and I ended up reading a review that made my week.

"Having little time to do household chores with my freelance writing job, I bought Robin for handy work after having bad experiences with the local repair company. In under a day since he arrived, the work he did was so efficient I couldn't imagine any professional topping it! He reignited the pilot light on my stove, jumpstarted my car within a minute since I discovered the battery was dead, and blew a cool breeze as I worked at my computer desk in the MA summer heat. He even took care of the wasp's nest under my porch by casting some sort of purple smoke on it!

Just love the job this little guy continues to do. I've been able to focus down my work thanks to him. My girlfriend in particular has developed fondness towards him. She says he told her something about "building our support levels." I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds helpful!"
-Joseph A.

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
A little while ago I was randomly browsing on Amazon and saw the Robin amiibo on a side bar. Was curious about how the sales were doing and I ended up reading a review that made my week.

"Having little time to do household chores with my freelance writing job, I bought Robin for handy work after having bad experiences with the local repair company. In under a day since he arrived, the work he did was so efficient I couldn't imagine any professional topping it! He reignited the pilot light on my stove, jumpstarted my car within a minute since I discovered the battery was dead, and blew a cool breeze as I worked at my computer desk in the MA summer heat. He even took care of the wasp's nest under my porch by casting some sort of purple smoke on it!

Just love the job this little guy continues to do. I've been able to focus down my work thanks to him. My girlfriend in particular has developed fondness towards him. She says he told her something about "building our support levels." I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds helpful!"
-Joseph A.
Nothing can stop Robin. Not even being a plastic figure can stop the Philandering Tactician.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
"Mother... I appreciate the affections and all, but you need to ease back. You'll kill yourself if you coddle me TOO much!"
Yes, I did have to make a bad joke.

-Joseph A.
Well this was the most entertaining thing I've seen all night.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Like, on a scale of WWE gimmicky to Anime gimmicky, how gimmicky were the maps?
Anime gimmicky. Some gimmicks you'll like, others you will hate.
One Chapter involves you using Dragon Vein 8 times in 8 different locations just to fight the boss at the end.
Another Chapter has you go on floating platforms that move every turn, effectively increasing the amount of time spent during this Chapter (and there are chests, so bring someone with Locktouch!).
These Chapters come during the second half of the game, but the new maps that appear in the first half are either ones that you've seen in Birthright and Conquest or completely new maps... which can be gimmicky (like you having to attack some ice to progress).

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Well I got 14th out of 70 in singles and got to losers quarters in doubles. As someone who hasn't had access to the game properly in about 2 months while at uni I'd say that was good.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Anime gimmicky. Some gimmicks you'll like, others you will hate.
One Chapter involves you using Dragon Vein 8 times in 8 different locations just to fight the boss at the end.
Another Chapter has you go on floating platforms that move every turn, effectively increasing the amount of time spent during this Chapter (and there are chests, so bring someone with Locktouch!).
These Chapters come during the second half of the game, but the new maps that appear in the first half are either ones that you've seen in Birthright and Conquest or completely new maps... which can be gimmicky (like you having to attack some ice to progress).
To much gimmick

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Another winner of a review from everyone's "favorite" gaming website, IGN!

It looks okay at first right? But wait for it...

"Overwhelming mechanics"

IGN just used a John as an actual negative critique!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

"Overwhelming mechanics"

It'd help if IGN actually got someone from in the office that covered this game to review it instead of what I can only assume is a freelancer because I've never heard of this reviewer before.

Still not as bad as Dan Stapleton putting out an article ******** about him sucking at Bloodborne and blasting the game for his sucking before the actual review released though.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002

"Overwhelming mechanics"

As the old saying goes:
Can't spell "ignorance" without IGN.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665

"Overwhelming mechanics"

Has IGN US ever used an actual negative thing of a game for a negative critique?

Btw this is the Italian's review if someone is interested:

Here's the translation:

Good
"A nice fighting game but it fail in some sectors, including the balance of the battles "ruined" by the Ultra Burst"
+ Pokémon faithfully reproduced
+ Funny and accessible
+ Combat model good

- Grafically improvable
- Story mode slow and monotonous
- Artificial stupidity

The negative critiques are actually negative points in this review, but saying that the balance of the game is "ruined" by the Ultra Burst is a bit too much imo, after all it still a core mechanic of the game.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Its kinda understandable why some people would be confused by Pokken, since it is based upon Tekken, which generally isn't the most casual freindly game.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Its kinda understandable why some people would be confused by Pokken, since it is based upon Tekken, which generally isn't the most casual freindly game.
That may be true, but that should be a good thing (especially for a fighting game) because it means that the mechanics have depth and complexity. It should invite the player to learn the mechanics and become better, not use it as a complaint and criticism in what is supposed to be a professional review. And if they expected the game to be easier or more casual just because it's Pokémon, then that is 100% the fault of the reviewer for underestimating the game.

But enough about that, who's ready for some Velouria's Bizarre Adventure?!

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I'm doing Sophie's paralogue in Birthright and I had this happen.

Don't really care Nichol killed the fifth villager on this map. They all brought it upon themselves.

Yaki

NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
That may be true, but that should be a good thing (especially for a fighting game) because it means that the mechanics have depth and complexity. It should invite the player to learn the mechanics and become better, not use it as a complaint and criticism in what is supposed to be a professional review. And if they expected the game to be easier or more casual just because it's Pokémon, then that is 100% the fault of the reviewer for underestimating the game.
Yeah a lot of the reviews say that its really accesible for people who are new to traditional fighters, but its still gonna show if someone like me, who kinda has a basic grasp of traditional fighters (Skullgirls, a bit of sf, soul calibur and a few others) will have a slight advantage over those who don't but at the end of the day its probably gonna be mostly balanced.

Nah

Smash Champion

"Overwhelming mechanics"

No 7.8?

Still not as bad as Dan Stapleton putting out an article ******** about him sucking at Bloodborne and blasting the game for his sucking before the actual review released though.
I've never played Bloodborne but since it's supposed to be kinda like Dark Souls I'm not sure why someone would complain about sucking at the game when the game is more or less designed to eat you alive at first.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I've never played Bloodborne but since it's supposed to be kinda like Dark Souls I'm not sure why someone would complain about sucking at the game when the game is more or less designed to eat you alive at first.
His major point of whining was that it took too long to get back to bosses (specifically the optional Cleric Beast).
Silly load times aside (probably his only legitimate complaint about the game) that's his fault for not exploring like you're encouraged to (the game doesn't punish it like he claims either). You can find shortcuts to use to get back to bosses quickly and pass by a fair chunk of enemies should you end up dying. There's one right by the checkpoint he mentions that let's him skip a large chunk of enemies on the way to the Cleric Beast.

And he mentions he'd beaten the Cleric Beast so he got a new Checkpoint anyway.

The way the online works too he really shouldn't have missed the shortcut because there were signs all over the damn thing when I passed by.

What doesn't help Stapleton's case is him going onto twitter and ******** about the game at any opportunity he had.

Last edited:

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
I'm sorry but I have to step in on this. As a Tekken player this game does NOT have similar mechanics to how Tekken works. It's made by the Tekken team but that means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Soulcalibur also has many staff members of the Tekken team who work for project soul, that does not mean it has similarities to tekken at all. Tekken has 5 wake up options upon being put on the ground, it has wall combos, oki is not a thing in Pokken like at all. Combos work very differently in tekken then the way they do in Pokken. The way the phase shifts work is not even included in tekken at all which only has one style the entire way, and the camera and positioning of even the main shift of the game is more similar to the naruto shippuden series then tekken which is a 2.5D camera system like Soulcalibur kind of. I'm not saying Tekken is more professional in anyway, it has the most system mechanics of any fighter I've played sure, but I'm only saying that Pokken is more unique than Tekken, more different. I know you only said 'BASED ON' Tekken which is what you're probably going to say in reply to this, but even that I do not see any similarity at all. It looks like a completely new system that the Tekken team built specifically for Pokken and specifically for the hardware of the Wii U consoles.

The only similarities to tekken are some of the moves you see in the game and SOME of the way the duel phase system works. Lili's T7 unblockable is a similar move to Gardevoir's B+2 unblockable move. Mewtwo has something that looks like a Mishima hellsweep (which I freaking laughed at a lot). These are similarities to tekken but overall, the system mechanics are not that similar at all and look completely created specifically for this game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pokken must be fun...though what I don't get is why Japan hated this game

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
"Cool, a new support conversation. Let's see how this plays out."

Yaki

NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
I'm sorry but I have to step in on this. As a Tekken player this game does NOT have similar mechanics to how Tekken works. It's made by the Tekken team but that means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Soulcalibur also has many staff members of the Tekken team who work for project soul, that does not mean it has similarities to tekken at all. Tekken has 5 wake up options upon being put on the ground, it has wall combos, oki is not a thing in Pokken like at all. Combos work very differently in tekken then the way they do in Pokken. The way the phase shifts work is not even included in tekken at all which only has one style the entire way, and the camera and positioning of even the main shift of the game is more similar to the naruto shippuden series then tekken which is a 2.5D camera system like Soulcalibur kind of. I'm not saying Tekken is more professional in anyway, it has the most system mechanics of any fighter I've played sure, but I'm only saying that Pokken is more unique than Tekken, more different. I know you only said 'BASED ON' Tekken which is what you're probably going to say in reply to this, but even that I do not see any similarity at all. It looks like a completely new system that the Tekken team built specifically for Pokken and specifically for the hardware of the Wii U consoles.

The only similarities to tekken are some of the moves you see in the game and SOME of the way the duel phase system works. Lili's T7 unblockable is a similar move to Gardevoir's B+2 unblockable move. Mewtwo has something that looks like a Mishima hellsweep (which I freaking laughed at a lot). These are similarities to tekken but overall, the system mechanics are not that similar at all and look completely created specifically for this game.
I'm talking like how the game is actually carried out in the 3d style dood. not like OH MAN ITS TEKKEN 2.0
Like the namco devs added a tekken flair but at the end of the day its basically a dumbed down fighter with tekken aspects

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm talking like how the game is actually carried out in the 3d style dood. not like OH MAN ITS TEKKEN 2.0
Like the namco devs added a tekken flair but at the end of the day its basically a dumbed down fighter with tekken aspects
Still better than Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Being a 3D fighter automatically is a connection to Tekken? The first 3D fighter was Virtual Fighter, so I don't see that.Plenty of 3D fighters out there. The Tekken flair would only be in connection to the similar moves like I described. Even then the way the movement is that there's a circle where you can move around and do your attacks within this circle. This is more similar to Naruto if you were to compare it to another fighter or even a modern tales of game in the way random encounters work. When you go into duel phase it then becomes a 2D fighter which is completely unlike tekken lol.

AureusVulpes

Triforce of AURA
It'll be interesting to see what tweaks were made to the newest DLC characters. It's pretty obvious that the devs have been paying attention to their use and knew a balance patch would be necessary, they wanted to give the community time to use/learn the characters and see what kind of silliness people would come up with (things do slip through the cracks, no matter how hard you test.) and make fixes accordingly.

Also, I'm hearing rumblings of certain lower tier characters getting some love. This could get rather interesting indeed.

Top Bottom