• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
I missed the age talk

Oh well

So is everyone enjoying Fates so far~? :happysheep:
Hey, my dad and I started a conversation we left off of 3 months ago and picked it up right where we left off. You can still join.

And Fates is great.

Edit: Oh boy, guess what I've got? Did you say THE GOODS!? CORRECT!

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Because it's Cloud.

Everyone loves Cloud.

That's why.
No.

Everyone Loves Link.

Plus, if I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure there was a lot of Salt surrounding Cloud.

I missed the age talk

Oh well

I wouldn't know.

I haven't got it yet ;-;

IT'S FINALLY MOTHER ****ING HAPPENING!

SHELL YEAH!
Where's 2003 turtles? They were my favorite...

Actually, yeah, where are they?

If there's ever another patch I want Roy to be buffed because he's super fun to play

#BuffTheBoy
Fixed

:135:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I never get tired of this.

As for what Corrin was going to say, I'd say "treehouse time" with his/her comrades, if ya catch my drift.

Even better. Corrin is spending some "quality time" with Kaze, and Saizo is watching it all go down just because he's that cautious over every little detail.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
No.

Everyone Loves Link.

Plus, if I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure there was a lot of Salt surrounding Cloud.
No, seriously. Cloud was made so powerful so that he would be easy to use for the numerous fans who would want to play him. He's that popular.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
No.

Everyone Loves Link.
Not if you play For Glory.

Even better. Corrin is spending some "quality time" with Kaze, and Saizo is watching it all go down just because he's that cautious over every little detail.
#BestBrotherEver

Speaking of Fates' implied voyeurism...

I'd let Rhajat watch over me anyti- I MEAN what?

D

Deleted member

No, seriously. Cloud was made so powerful so that he would be easy to use for the numerous fans who would want to play him. He's that popular.
Here is a source.
In fact, Sakurai said this in regards to developing Cloud:
"I figured a large variety of people would try to use him, so I made him relatively easy to play. However, what was a struggle for us from the planning stages was how to establish Cloud’s image. He becomes a character that’s “fast, but has good reach, and is also very strong.” But such a character is, in one word, invincible, right?"

I can't really blame Sakurai for developing Cloud as a relatively easy character to play. Cloud is incredibly popular (he is the star of the most popular Final Fantasy) and he would be a gateway character for Final Fantasy fans who never played Smash before.
To be honest, I haven't seen too many people get salty over Cloud's inclusion. It's only really the people who don't want him because of his history with Nintendo is small.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Well this confirms it. I was skeptical at first, but now I'm a true believer.

Sakurai is bias against the Legend of Zelda series.

Not if you play For Glory.

Well, I've never played on For Glory so I don't know what it's like.

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160

If there's ever another patch I want Shulk to be buffed because he's super fun to play against and all the true non-memers are going extinct which is super sad

And also his animations are kinda wonky

#BuffTheShulk
I agree completely. I want Shulk to be good, I wouldn't even mind if he was the unbalanced top tier. He's just an extremely enjoyable character from all aspects, watching, playing as, and playing against. I want him to at least be viable. Along with every other low tier.

To be honest, I haven't seen too many people get salty over Cloud's inclusion. It's only really the people who don't want him because of his history with Nintendo is small.
Plus, who doesn't love the "kshck" sound his sword makes? Well, maybe not when you're being hit by it.

Well this confirms it. I was skeptical at first, but now I'm a true believer.

Sakurai is bias against the Legend of Zelda series.

If that was true then why is Sheik top tier? :awesome:

But seriously, I want a good Zelda character that doesn't have nearly invisible projectiles. Maybe Link and TL will go up as people figure out how to play them more.
I just want everyone to be good. So does everyone else I guess. We can only dream. :ohwell:
but maybe the modding scene for Sm4sh will be as wildly embraced as Brawl's without Nintendo shutting it down?... Maybe?

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I see virtually no correlation there.
Link and Cloud are both swordsman. They both share similar traits regarding there sword play (and even amongst themselves). Both can swing there swords extremely fast. Yet Cloud (who has more reach) was given the better data and Link (has less range) was left with bad data. How is that fair?

Plus the fact that sides from Sheik, the Legend of Zelda series has receive very little attention in the Smash game. Seriously, Bowser gets a very revamped moveset and a new Victory theme and yet Ganon is still left as a *****y ****ing clone of C.Falcon. And don't get me start on Toon Link.

If that was true then why is Sheik top tier? :awesome:

But seriously, I want a good Zelda character that doesn't have nearly invisible projectiles. Maybe Link and TL will go up as people figure out how to play them more.
I just want everyone to be good. So does everyone else I guess. We can only dream. :ohwell:
but maybe the modding scene for Sm4sh will be as wildly embraced as Brawl's without Nintendo shutting it down?... Maybe?
I thought someone would say that.

But I totally agree. It's just not really fair the way Zelda series (and Zelda herself) are being treated in Smash (though tbh, the same could be said for a number of other series in the game)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Link and Cloud are both swordsman. They both share similar traits regarding there sword play (and even amongst themselves). Both can swing there swords extremely fast. Yet Cloud (who has more reach) was given the better data and Link (has less range) was left with bad data. How is that fair?
1.) Link's projectiles.
2.) It's Cloud.

D

Deleted member

Plus the fact that sides from Sheik, the Legend of Zelda series has receive very little attention in the Smash game. Seriously, Bowser gets a very revamped moveset and a new Victory theme and yet Ganon is still left as a *****y ****ing clone of C.Falcon. And don't get me start on Toon Link.
Cloud and Link are vastly different from each other.
Cloud is very powerful and he has a ton of range, that's how his play style is. Of course Cloud is going to have better range than Link. Have you seen how massive the Buster Sword is?
Link has access to his items and has a ton of different projectiles; all Cloud has is Blade Beam and its Limit Break version.
I think with a character like Cloud comes with expectations. Cloud is a legendary character; people expect him to be a good character. You can't make him an objectively worse character than Link.

As for Ganondorf, I am disappointed that he's a clone as well because there is so much material to work with him. I guess Ganon is just a relic of Smash and Sakurai sees him as a slower, more powerful Falcon clone. I think Ganon needs an overhaul because 2 games have now shown that it's not working out.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
On the subject of Cloud and Link, I present another of Smash Alts amazing works...

LOUD!

Or should I say Clink?

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
SUPER LATE REPLY TO TRHIS BUT

he's referring to the hotsprings. All the ninjas are on guard during them, even when they're with their loved ones.
Ah, like how Kagero asks you if the Castle is being attacked if you walk in on her bathing in the hot springs.

Nah

Smash Champion
Dabuz apparently posted on Twitter what he thinks :rosalina: MU spread is, and I love the categories lmao:

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Cloud and Link are vastly different from each other.
Cloud is very powerful and he has a ton of range, that's how his play style is. Of course Cloud is going to have better range than Link. Have you seen how massive the Buster Sword is?
Link has access to his items and has a ton of different projectiles; all Cloud has is Blade Beam and its Limit Break version.
I think with a character like Cloud comes with expectations. Cloud is a legendary character; people expect him to be a good character. You can't make him an objectively worse character than Link.

As for Ganondorf, I am disappointed that he's a clone as well because there is so much material to work with him. I guess Ganon is just a relic of Smash and Sakurai sees him as a slower, more powerful Falcon clone. I think Ganon needs an overhaul because 2 games have now shown that it's not working out.
Yeah, I know. I was just trying to make an argument to say that it's dumb Link still isn't all great (though he is pretty good) and that Cloud is amazing.

Yeah, I get Link has all his items and that Cloud has the greater reach. But it still doesn't justify why Cloud's moves are quicker than Link's.
But Link is also a legendary character. Sure, Cloud has the exception of being Cloud in Smash, but Link is still the most bad-*** character ever. And that reason really doesn't justify why Link should be worse than Cloud.

Man, tell about. I mean, maybe if he wasn't so bad, I could understand why Sakurai says with it, but like you said, it's just not working. So then why keep him a clone? Particularly when he is such a respect Bad guy? Seriously, where are his swords? Or Trident?

Naw, I don't think you understand.

Cloud.

Strife.
Yes, I do get it. But it's also ****ing Link. I get his a Nintendo character, but come on. He was the one who won the Death Battle.

On the subject of Cloud and Link, I present another of Smash Alts amazing works...

LOUD!

Or should I say Clink?

I would main this in a heart beat.
Dabuz apparently posted on Twitter what he think's :rosalina: MU spread is and I love the categories lmao:
*Pit and Pittoo in different categories*

Um, okay?

Nah

Smash Champion
Yeah, I know. I was just trying to make an argument to say that it's dumb Link still isn't all great (though he is pretty good) and that Cloud is amazing.

Yeah, I get Link has all his items and that Cloud has the greater reach. But it still doesn't justify why Cloud's moves are quicker than Link's.
But Link is also a legendary character. Sure, Cloud has the exception of being Cloud in Smash, but Link is still the most bad-*** character ever. And that reason really doesn't justify why Link should be worse than Cloud.
Part of me just thinks that they tried to make everyone balanced at first and then when they got around to Cloud they were like "lol **** it let's just have fun making this one".

I think though that Link also just has the misfortune of being an archetype that's not favored in this game's meta really.

*Pit and Pittoo in different categories*

Um, okay?

It's actually reasonable in this case since Electroshock Arm decimates Luma while Upperdash Arm has a much harder time killing it.

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
Looks like my order for the Fates Special Edition was cancelled. Again.

This is just getting depressing now.

EDIT: Sorry I'm making a post that's pretty much only whining, but I'm just really sad and frustrated right now.
I don't even want the book or the carrying pouch that bad, I just want all the versions on a single cartridge.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Looks like my order for the Fates Special Edition was cancelled. Again.

This is just getting depressing now.

EDIT: Sorry I'm making a post that's pretty much only whining, but I'm just really sad and frustrated right now.
I don't even want the book or the carrying pouch that bad, I just want all the versions on a single cartridge.
I had to wait till the day the game came out and head to the game store to even find out that I was getting my copy despite being told numerous times I wouldn't be able to get it. Feels a bit odd to like your post since I don't like what you're going through but I feel your pain.

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
I had to wait till the day the game came out and head to the game store to even find out that I was getting my copy despite being told numerous times I wouldn't be able to get it. Feels a bit odd to like your post since I don't like what you're going through but I feel your pain.
Well the sentiment is appreciated. I think at this point I'm just going to go buy Conquest and buy the other versions when Revelation comes out.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Part of me just thinks that they tried to make everyone balanced at first and then when they got around to Cloud they were like "lol **** it let's just have fun making this one".

I think though that Link also just has the misfortune of being an archetype that's not favored in this game's meta really.
Tell that to Sheik, ZSS and Little Mac (seriously, why the hell do they keep nerfing him?!)

*sigh*
Yeah, I guess that's true.

It's actually reasonable in this case since Electroshock Arm decimates Luma while Upperdash Arm has a much harder time killing it.
But that really shouldn't change the MU THAT much.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
she doesn't use her pendant with her singing.
Sad

Me and The Merc The Merc are fellow Pit mains, and we know for a fact that the Dark Pit/Rosalina MU isn't that drastically different compared to the Pit/Rosalina MU; Edgy Pit/Side B Jr. doesn't have MUs be that drastic over ONE ****ING MOVE! no matter how much better it is(like Pit's arrows can't drastically change a MU...Little Mac and others with hella bad recoveries/Ness and Lucas just because lol)

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
:substitute::4greninja:MMMMMMHHHHMMMM YEEEEEES!!!!:4greninja::substitute:

The one amiibo that I truly wanted! Now I just need Corrin when he comes out! (Still miffed it's male and not female)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Me and The Merc The Merc are fellow Pit mains, and we know for a fact that the Dark Pit/Rosalina MU isn't that drastically different compared to the Pit/Rosalina MU; Edgy Pit/Side B Jr. doesn't have MUs be that drastic over ONE ****ING MOVE! no matter how much better it is(like Pit's arrows can't drastically change a MU...Little Mac and others with hella bad recoveries/Ness and Lucas just because lol)
I disagree with that notion.

If Dark Pit's Side-B works as an effective Luma killer (moreso than Pit's Side-B), then that one move can effectively cripple Rosalina. Without Luma around, Rosalina loses a significant amount of options, making her that much easier to deal with.

If that one move gives Dark Pit better tools to deal with another character's tools, then yes, one move can make a MU difference, I think.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

If Dark Pit's Side-B works as an effective Luma killer (moreso than Pit's Side-B), then that one move can effectively cripple Rosalina. Without Luma around, Rosalina loses a significant amount of options, making her that much easier to deal with.

If that one move gives Dark Pit better tools to deal with another character's tools, then yes, one move can make a MU difference, I think.
Compared to other clones, it doesn't comply to Pit/Dark Pit at all. Pit's arrows and Dark Pit's Electroshock have advantages in certain MUs, but not major enough to be above 55/45(50/50 and 51/49 at worst)

Yes Rosalina loses her Luma quicker to Electroshock, but after than his arrows and ftilt aren't gonna do **** at all to get her compared to Pit's arrows which can gimp her and his ftilt...which is so much better than the one Edgy has.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Sad

I agree to disagree with both of you. Yes, Electro dispute the buff isn't really going to do all to much to majorly (note majorly) change up the MU of the two. However, Electro does and can help Pittoo in certain match ups were Pit may struggle to kill a list (e.g Sheik) but again, it doesn't change the much up in a greatly significant way.

With Rosa, I really don't think Electro matters with Luma, since Upper can still kill it as well. Unless you are referring to knocking Luma off the edge to die. In that case yes, Electro does a better job

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I'd strongly recommend keeping the Pit/DP MUs in the Pit/DP boards unless it's the Robin MU, but that's just me.

On another note, I was playing Fates and once again, "Lost in Thoughts All Alone" was bothering me. I swear I either heard it or something similar at some point. I need to start digging.

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
:substitute::4greninja:MMMMMMHHHHMMMM YEEEEEES!!!!:4greninja::substitute:

The one amiibo that I truly wanted! Now I just need Corrin when he comes out! (Still miffed it's male and not female)
Somehow, someone will take orders for making Female Corrin Amiibos like Female Robin Amiibos.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I agree to disagree with both of you. Yes, Electro dispute the buff isn't really going to do all to much to majorly (note majorly) change up the MU of the two. However, Electro does and can help Pittoo in certain match ups were Pit may struggle to kill a list (e.g Sheik) but again, it doesn't change the much up in a greatly significant way.

With Rosa, I really don't think Electro matters with Luma, since Upper can still kill it as well. Unless you are referring to knocking Luma off the edge to die. In that case yes, Electro does a better job

Just the EDGE of the LEDGE!
I'd strongly recommend keeping the Pit/DP MUs in the Pit/DP boards unless it's the Robin MU, but that's just me.

On another note, I was playing Fates and once again, "Lost in Thoughts All Alone" was bothering me. I swear I either heard it or something similar at some point. I need to start digging.
That recommendation died the moment I popped up here

Edit:DON'T TAKE SERIOUSLY!

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Fine.

Maybe you heard it in Smash? Cause it's kind of in it.

Also, it sort of reminds me of Midna's Lament. Is that what you're thinking?

Top Bottom