• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Huh that's actually a pretty good idea

Any let's players that you'd particularly recommend?

:135:
Mangs and Ghast Station aren't the nicest people (especially considering the excessive levels of criticism they give to the newer games, although I suppose I agree with some of the stuff they say), but they're pretty darn good at Fire Emblem. It's really fun watching their reactions to the dumb decisions they make, too. :rotfl:

I should warn you, though; they both have the language of Youtubers. Mangs in particular is pretty bad when it comes to swearing. Just thought I should warn you if that's not your thing.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Mangs and Ghast Station aren't the nicest people (especially considering the excessive levels of criticism they give to the newer games, although I suppose I agree with some of the stuff they say), but they're pretty darn good at Fire Emblem. It's really fun watching their reactions to the dumb decisions they make, too. :rotfl:

I should warn you, though; they both have the language of Youtubers. Mangs in particular is pretty bad when it comes to swearing. Just thought I should warn you if that's not your thing.
hm, i'll give them a look. I'm not bothered at all by the swearing but it erks me a bit when people unnecessarily criticise the new FE games (by that i mean complain about the addition of say Casual to help newer comers with the series and stuff like that)

Still i'll give it a watch

:135:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre

Ah, good old ghast.

He does pretty good parodies, but also quite in depht character analysis videos.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Welp, let's go all Phoenix mode here and see if we can't bring some life back to this thread. In the event that I don't quit due to boredom, I'll be making a thread in this board showing how much scarier Robin would be if he had a frame 5 jumpsquat rather than the frame 7 one he currently has. Just a little idea I had after a post I made in the CCI about Robin. Gotta show numbers for all 58 members of the cast and I've currently done 19 of them. Taking a break for now.

Suppose I shouldn't make it sound too exciting, it won't be mods or anything or showing any crazy combos Robin would have with a frame 5 jumpsquat, will mostly just be showing how much better he'd be on the defense. Don't know if anyone cares or not but I figured I'd mention it~

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Oh hey! It's been a while since I posted here!
I suppose I can summarize what's happened to me in this year so far.

First, I played through and beat Pokemon Platinum. I remember playing Diamond and Pearl when I was younger, but I really sucked at the game (for a while I couldn't make it past Jublife City), but I still have quite a lot of nostalgia for Gen 4, as it was the first Pokemon game I played. I also lost the game at some point and decided to get Platinum, as I never played it. And I'm glad that I did, since now I feel like I would say that Gen 4 is my 3rd favorite Pokemon generation.

I also beat Zelda: Breath of the Wild a while ago. I would honestly say that most people that own a Switch should buy the game, as I feel like it's one of my favorite games for it, and it will probably be my game of the year (mainly because I don't expect myself to beat many 2017 games by the end of 2017). I do feel like the story is a bit lacking though, and the dungeons aren't as good as, say, OoT or TP. Still, the game is still a pretty good experience.

I also have been getting into the Final Fantasy series this year! It does feel kind of weird to say that I've never played the series up to this point, but I'm glad I'm getting into it now. I started off with FFXV, since it's the newest one and I don't need to play any of the others to enjoy XV. While the game definitely has its flaws, I still think that the game is quite solid. I also recently started to play through FFX. I started playing in late July and, believe it or not, I still haven't finished yet! I have had quite a lot of fun playing it and the story is very interesting. As for why I haven't finished it yet, it's easy to want to do a lot of the side content after you get the airship. I'm mainly just trying to get the sigils (minus Lulu's and Tidus'. I want to keep my sanity), and at the moment I'm trying to get Wakka's. What's crazy is that I might sink more time into this game than FFXV, even though I took the time to do a lot of the sidequests in that game. But yeah, I feel like eventually will become a fan of this series.

FF isn't the only Square RPG I've been getting into. Ever since mid June, I've been getting into Kingdom Hearts as well. Like FF, it feels strange to not have gotten into it earlier, but I'm glad I'm doing it now (especially because of the Final Mix versions). Now that I've been able to play the games, I now feel like KH1 & 2 are two of my favorite games ever made. I also enjoyed CoM, but not to the extent of the other two. I'm currently at (the beginning of) Ventus' story in BBS if anyone is wondering. Something that will be strange to some, is that I haven't had much trouble comprehending the story! Although, I do tend to go on KH Wiki and TV Tropes a lot, I played the Final Mixes versions(which had exclusive cut-scenes), and I tend to read the Secret Reports when I get them so . . .

And since this is a FE thread, I was able to play FE Echoes during the summer. I quite enjoy Echoes, and I think it is my second favorite FE so far, and I'm really glad that the game was finally localized.

As for stuff that doesn't have to do with gaming, I started school a while ago (then again, haven't all of us? Well, Except for the people who are out of college). So far it hasn't been too bad. I haven't had too much free time though, although that's mainly due to me reading The Fellowship of The Ring every night, as I have to in order to finish it before I need to return it to the library. I am in mostly Honor's classes, so that might change though.

tl;dr, I beat Pokemon Platinum, I beat BotW and it might be my Goty by default, I'm getting into FF, I've now become a fan of KH, I beat FE Echoes and it might become my second favorite FE, and I've been busy with school.

Nah

Smash Champion
Welp, let's go all Phoenix mode here and see if we can't bring some life back to this thread. In the event that I don't quit due to boredom, I'll be making a thread in this board showing how much scarier Robin would be if he had a frame 5 jumpsquat rather than the frame 7 one he currently has. Just a little idea I had after a post I made in the CCI about Robin. Gotta show numbers for all 58 members of the cast and I've currently done 19 of them. Taking a break for now.

Suppose I shouldn't make it sound too exciting, it won't be mods or anything or showing any crazy combos Robin would have with a frame 5 jumpsquat, will mostly just be showing how much better he'd be on the defense. Don't know if anyone cares or not but I figured I'd mention it~
I can imagine how a better jumpsquat would help Robin out (god I hate her 7 frame jumpsquat), but seeing some specifics could be nice.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Got all the numbers I needed for that post I was talking about so I should have it made in the next few days. To give some clarity, it's gonna show moves Robin would've been able to punish with fair and bair if he had a frame 5 jumpsquat since I can show that with numbers. Combos would require understanding hitstun numbers and mods would make it easier to show and things like Robin's neutral are pure theory or yet again possible to show with mods.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Honestly, I can't even believe that this place is even partially active. Weeman's **** posting is gone, Hong is gone, and what's worse I'VE been gone. How has this place been alive?

How've you lovely friks been doin'?

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I can't even believe that this place is even partially active. Weeman's **** posting is gone, Hong is gone, and what's worse I'VE been gone. How has this place been alive?

Actually, this thread hasn't been that active in a long time.
Most of the activity I've seen is in the Corrin Social Thread.

To answer your question, I've been doing fine actually!

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre

Yeah, roy, robin, ect threats kinda mitigated to corring socials, which is mostly just... fire emblem stuff, acceptable for a social, really.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I FINALLY got that post made: https://smashboards.com/threads/if-robin-had-a-frame-5-jumpsquat.450430/
I started typing that around 11 and I just got done now (It's 1:36 here)

As for how I've been doing, I've been well. Been over to see my gf in person for 2 weekends and next week, I get to be over there for 6 days (work makes things difficult) and I've been binge playing Zelda. First I beat BotW once I got my Switch, then I beat Zelda 1 then Majora's Mask and now I'm playing Link's Awakening. Not sure if I'm gonna play every title I haven't yet. If I do, Zelda 2, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are waiting till the very end.

I should also see about going to the Corrin social if that's where all the activity is that isn't on Discord.

Weeman

Smash Crusader

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I really miss this place.

Nah

Smash Champion
I think that it's been almost exactly 3 years since I first posted in this thread

time sure flies

Top Bottom