• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Time to Tip the Scales Again! - Robin Social Thread

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Tilt stick will only give bronze aerials unless levin sword is already out via previous usage or respawn unfortunately. I believe smash stick will let you levin aerial like in smash 4 though.
That's a damn shame.
Seriously, I could not think of a single situation where bronze would be preferable to levin.

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
That's a damn shame.
Seriously, I could not think of a single situation where bronze would be preferable to levin.
About that, we do have bronze uair to levin uair/bair/nair as a kill confirm, so uair in particular does have a niche lol.
Also bronze nair is basically just smash 4 nair, so its nothing to sneeze at either really.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Tilt stick will only give bronze aerials unless levin sword is already out via previous usage or respawn unfortunately. I believe smash stick will let you levin aerial like in smash 4 though.
Oof, that absolutely guts me inside :(. In smash 4, Robin could bring out levin sword with tilt stick, why did they have to change it? I really hate smash for c stick, sadly. That probably ends my journey with Robin here then. It will mess with my muscle memory for everyone else.

But good luck, you talented tactitians! I loved him in 4 but i needed that tilt stick.

I'll preserve his memory in heroes, where he got a kickass refine recently!

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Hi, new guy here, I wonder if I should main Robin this time around. How is he in this game?

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Hi, new guy here, I wonder if I should main Robin this time around. How is he in this game?
I think a lot of people who played Robin in Sm4sh are saying he feels "different." No real consensus yet if that's a good different or bad different. If you didn't play him before I would give him a go, personally I find him insanely fun to play but I'm not successful enough with him to realistically call him my main.

Nah

Smash Champion

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
The patch dropped, and Nintendo actually gave us real patch notes for once! The main thing that came in the patch was the inclusion of Piranha Plant, but there was a number of balance changes too, which you can see here: https://en-americas-support.nintend...3QXZRVEdRalN1aXJWdFM3VVNqMFROU2hZRjBRJTIxJTIx

All Robin got was this:
Hey every bit counts :) I know a lot of Robin's who would die because they couldn't ledge snap from behind and land on stage helplessly. It's not much, but it's a nice QoL change just to start with.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman

Bit of a bump and an update that is long overdue (many apologies!); however, updated the lead post a little with Robin's current kit for any newcomers. Will be adding the rest of his kit in shortly.

If there's anything that should be added, let me know and I'll get to that asap.

Nah

Smash Champion
oh hey, so question:

Does anyone else feel like they die more from Elwind only having one usage left than in Smash 4? Or is it just me

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Does anyone else feel like they die more from Elwind only having one usage left than in Smash 4? Or is it just me
Yeah I'd say at least a little more. Perhaps in a night of playing 20 sets of 3 it'll happen once or twice, but it definitely feels like more than in 4. Of those times though I'm starting to usually catch it and wind jab or burn the last elwind when it's safe. Still kills me often enough though. I don't think it has much to do with having 10 charges from 18 or whatever; though I guess going through more tomes in general would make the death flag possible at all. I never use wind jab except to fix this specific problem, which makes me wonder, what exactly causes it usually? Can you catch the ledge after just one elwind or is it like a platform cancel thing?

Nah

Smash Champion
I think it mostly comes from the fact that I do use wind jab, but I used it in Smash4 too so I'm not sure why it suddenly matters more now

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is this place dead?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey Robin mains. The Nintendo Game of the week thread is talking about Fire Emblem Awakening. Since its their debut game, I thought you guys might be interested in joining us.
Here's the link.

Top Bottom