• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time to Pop Some Bubbles! Bub for Smash 4 DLC!

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
The green Bubble Dragon, Bubblun, or Bub for Smash DLC

What game is he from and who is he?
Bub is from the NES game Bubble Bobble. He is originally a human named Bubby, but was turned into a Bubble Dragon with his brother Bobby when trying to save their girlfriends who were kidnapped by Baron von Blubba. The game was created by Taito (which has now been absorbed into Square Enix) and is a NES classic. IGN even ranked it as number 23. in their top 100 NES games list. Bub and Bob fit in Smash well and would make excellent Square Enix/Taito reps.

I want you to vote for me in the Smash Ballot!
https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/
Playstyle and Moveset:
Ground Speed 4/10: Bub is slower than the normal speed.
Air Speed 5/10: Bub is around normal speed in the air.

Size 3/10: Bub would be one of the smaller characters.
Weight 3/10: Bub would be pretty light.
Fall Speed 5/10: Bub would have average fall speed.
Jump Height 7/10: Bub has a above average jump height to make up for his small size.
Traction 5/10: Bub has average traction.
Bub would use his claws and tail to attack his foes as well as his signature ability, bubbles. His bubbles would ensnare his enemies so he could attack them. Bub would also make use of the potions from his games and the food he collects.

Normal Attacks:
Jab Combo: Bub uses his slashes with his right hand once then his left and then spins around and whips his tail at the opponent.
Forward Tilt: Lunges forward and does a headbutt.
Down Tilt: Sweeps at opponents feet with his claws.
Up Tilt: Jumps up and swings his head above him.
Dash Attack: Pops a Water Bubble causing water to flow like a stream carrying Bub into his opponents and ramming them.

Smash Attacks:
Forward: Bub shoots a bubble in front of him, then rams the opponent through the bubble by going inside it.
Down: Bub shoots two Water Bubbles on each side of him that pops and sprays water onto the opponent.
Up: Bub shoots a Music Bubble upward, sending music notes, that burst out of the bubble, into the air and the opponent flying.

Grabs:
Grabs with Magic Parasol and holds them with it.
Pummel: Shoots bubbles at trapped opponent.
Forward: Throws opponent with Magic parasol forward.
Backward: Bub shoots a Lightning Bubble forward and the bubble pops, shooting a lightning bolt behind Bub and into the opponent behind him, sending the opponent flying.
Down: Throws opponent to the ground with Magic Parasol and then jumps on the opponent.
Up: Bub shoots a Tornado Bubble above him, sending a tornado with the opponent flying upward.

Aerial Attacks:
NAir: Bub shoots fire while spinning horizontally, leaving a trail of fire (doesn't last).
FAir: Does a somersault and hits opponent with tail.
BAir: Bub shoots a Tornado Bubble behind him that pops instantly causing a tornado to fly across the screen backwards.
DAir: Bub shoots a bubble downward (this bubble can't capture foes it only does damage) and it ricochets off the ground if it doesn't hit an opponent and goes back upwards.
UAir: Bub sticks out a random food item (orange, watermelon, cupcake, cake, chocolate popsicle, two popsicles together) out which damages opponents.

Specials:
Neutral: Bubble Burp: Bub shoots a bubble in the air and it floats there for about 5 seconds. Any opponent or item can be trapped inside. Bub can then attack the bubble which would hurt the opponent inside. After 5 seconds it will float upwards slowly if no one is inside. Bub can also jump on these bubbles providing platforms for him only. Bub can shoot 2 bubbles at a time. This is chargeable to make the bubble bigger.
Side: Flame Bubble: Bub shoots a flame bubble next to him that explodes on impact, causing flames to burst from the bubble and cause damage to opponents.
Down: Rainbow Bubble: Bub shoots a Rainbow Bubble below him and stomps on it causing a rainbow to come from the sky, falling next to him, damaging opponents.
Up: Bubloon: Bub inflates himself and floats upwards for a good distance.

Final Smash:
Bust-a-Bubble: Bub shoots a giant bubble engulfing opponents who are unfortunate enough to be next to him when he shoots it and then he jumps up in the air and pops the bubble, sending opponents flying off stage.

Taunts:
Up: Bub shoots two tiny bubbles in the air while sitting down.
Side: Bub pulls out his bubble flute and looks at it before putting it away.
Down: Bub brings his hands to his face and giggles.

Entrance:
At the bottom of the screen, the Bubble Cannon is shown launching Bub, inside a bubble, onto the stage. Bub pops out of the bubble and gets ready for a fight.

Victory Poses:
Bub into Bubby and gets a kiss from Betty. (If Bob color gets a kiss from Pab)
Bub turns into Bubby and plays his Bubble Flute.
Bub will jump up and down and look happy.

Alternate costumes/colors
Bub original color

Bob

Peb

Pab

Bubu: The red one in the middle

One based off of his Grandpa

One based off of Grumple Grommit

Alternate based off Develon
Arguments:
Bub could be added as a rep for Taito and Square Enix. Square Enix has a lot of history with Nintendo but their mascots aren't really known for being on Nintendo systems. Bub has had 20 games on Nintendo systems with his most recent game, released in 2011, being on the 3DS. Bubble Bobble is a classic NES game and was well received by reviewers. The greatest problem for Bub is that Square Enix, the current owner of the franchise, has more recognizable, popular, and iconic mascots (ex. Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy, Sora from Kingdom Hearts, Slime from Dragon Quest).

Other movesets​
Fire_Voyager's moveset
Playstyle and Moveset:
Walk Speed: 4/10 Bub walks slowly and carefree :4peach:
Running Speed: 6/10 Bub runs vividly but not too fast :4pacman:
Air Speed 6/10: Bub can maneuver easily in the air :4shulk:
Fall Speed: 3/10: Bub falls slowly, flapping his arms like in Rainbow Island :4villager:
Size: 4/10: Bub would be one of the smaller characters. :4pikachu:
Weight: 6/10: Bub is a little chubby, so even being small is middleweight :4ness:

Jump Height: 8/10: Bub has a above average jump height to make up for his small size and his second jump is higher because he jumps in a bubble, he also can Wall Jump. :4falco:

Traction: 4/10: Because of the bubbles, Bub feels a little sliperry.

Normal Ground Attacks:
Jab Combo: Bub launches up to 4 normal bubbles that can reach 4 times his size. they start fast but get slower, when they pop deals more damage (2% the bubble, 6% the pop) :4megaman: (Jab)
Forward Tilt: Bub can walk and launch bubbles :4megaman: (F Tilt)
Down Tilt: Sweeps his tail fastly hitting harder with the spiked tip. 6% / 9%(Tip) :4yoshi:(D Tilt):4marth:(D tilt)

Up Tilt: Bub shows a RainbowStar abobe his head 8% (Hand) /10%(Star) :4peach: (UTilt)
Dash Attack: Bub slips and rolls 15% (Start) / 7% (Roll, can multi-hit) :4dedede: (Dash)

Smash Attacks:
Forward: Bub shoots a bubble in front of him, trapping the opponent inside it, carrying them up to 3 bub sizes . Deals damage when pop. deals more damage when charged 10% / 12% / 15%:4megaman:(FSmash) :4dedede:(B)

Down: Bub Swings his Parasol in a round, it can be angled 17% (front) 15% (back) // ►20% (front) 18% (back) //▼22% (front) 20% (back) :4littlemac: (DSmash)
Up: Bub curls himself and jumps dealing damage with his spikes 18%/ 22%/ 25% :4bowser:

Aerial Attacks:
NAir: shoots normal bubbles :4megaman: (Nair)
►Air: Does a fast front flip and hits opponent with tail, it can spike! 12% early / 15% clear.:4mario:(F air)
◄BAir: flaps his tail 3 times 3% 1st-2nd / 7% 3rd hit :4yoshi: (B air)
▼Air: Bub shoots a bubble downward it travels up to 2 bub sizes and pops :4miigun:(U Air but down)
▲Air: Does a slow backflip hitting with his tail 15%:4fox: (U air)
Grabs:
Grabs Grabs with his parasol in a shovel manner :4villager: (D smash)
Pummel: hits enemies in the top of the parasol 2% each hit :4megaman: (pummel)
Forward: Throws opponent with the parasol right forward. 10%:4megaman: (F throw)
Backward: Throws opponent back and Bub stomp it with his tail 3% :4marth:(B throw)
Down: Throws opponent to the ground and shoot it a fire bubble. 6%:4charizard: (D throw)

Up: Bub throws opponent forward in an Arc and shoots a Thunder Bubble at him, it pops quickly and the bolt hit the opponent 5% throw 2% bubble 6% Bolt :4falco: (Back Throw)

Specials:

Neutral: 1.- Water Bubble (Blue Bubble with water inside)
Bub shoots a controlable bubble that when it Pops release a stream of water that can carry an opponent down, in the ground the stream can carry the opponent too. In the air, causes a meteor effect. 3%
:4zelda:(Side B with a Meteor effect or Like Piplup in the ground)

2.- Fire Bubble (Orange bubble with a fire symbol)
The Bubblpe pops and drop a flame, in the air hit and burn. in the ground, causes a "lava" effect that last for 3 seconds. 6% (air) / 4% (ground / multi hit)
:4robinf::4ness:(Like Arc Fire or PK but downwards)

3.- Thunder Bubble (Green bubble with a yellow bolt symbol)
The bubble pops and shoot a fast lightining bolt forward that "paralyses" and hit hard. 8%
:4zss: (uncharged paralyzer shot)

:4shulk:The Next Bubble is shown in the Bub Picture in the damage counter, like Shulk Monado's Arts

Side: Rainbow Island
Bub shoots a Star whit a Rainbow trail. the Trail is Solid and last 2 seconds, and bub (or other character) can step on them.
It can be charged to generate up to 3 Rainbows, hits Harder
when the trail is broken, it transform in shards that cause damage.
7% Star // 10% (2 rainbows) // 12% (3 rainbows)
0% Rainbow
7% the broken shards, can mutihit.

Down: Parasol
Bub can catch a projectile with his parsol. if B is press, he releases a bubble that makes 2x damage but is 1/2x slower than the proyectile
Bub can catch up to 4 projectiles pressing Down B Again

:4gaw: works like the Bucket, but reflects like :4fox:'s reflector

Up: Puzzle Bubble
a Bubble launcher apprears and shoot Bub into the air in a Bubble up to 4 bub sizes.
has a slow start but the bubble deals heavy damage when pops, and can be angled.

Starts like :4fox:FireFox or :4gaw: Fire but flies like :4bowserjr:

Bub Bubble 8%
Bub Pop: 16%
Launcher : 0%

Final Smash:
Bust-a-Move:
Bub gets out the stage and a Launcher appears in the bottom and some bubbles appear in the top. It plays like Puzzle Bubble (or Boost-a-Move) with Bub controling the levers and Bob shooting bubbles

upward Bubbles: 10%
Falling bubble columns: 10% x bubble

Taunts:
Up: Looks to the camera and says "Hurry Up!!"
Side: Bub opens his mouth and makes a "POP!" sound, and giggles
Down: Bub sits and look upwards, like looking for something to eat.

Entrance:
comes from the top of the stage in a bubble

Victory Poses:
Bub shoot a bubble buster ( http://bubblebobble.wikia.com/wiki/Bubble_Buster ) and trap it
Bub and Bob jump in Joy
Bub Fall slowly with his parasol
ϟPlazzapϟ moveset
*Combo- Does a repeating claw swipe alternating between claws, then does one final claw that launches a bit.
*Side Tilt- Extends tail for a second to preform a long ranged tail whip, has a bit of startup lag to build momentum for the swing; can trip opponents.
*Up Tilt- Innocently pops a bubble above, the popping affect afterwards causes damage.
*Down Tilt- Does two lower swipes on the ground, very quick albeit weak and lacking in range.
*Dash- Slips on a puddle with a bubble effect which causes him to kick upwards, dealing surprisingly good damage abd knockback but leaves Bub open for a second afterwards.
*Ledge- Gets onto ledge before swinging tail.

*Side Smash- Stabs an unopened parasol forward that stuns the opponent for a second before dealing great knockback; by attacking again, an extra manuver can be executed while the opponent is stunned that opens the shut parasol adding more damage but dealing less knockback.
*Up Smash- First tap creates a bubble above and charging makes it slowly expand until maximum charge, while charging opponents small enough to fit in the bubble will be trapped before the bubble pops giving them knockback.
*Down Smash- Three full circle tail swings that start up slow but gain momentum for each swing to make it faster with each swing.

*Neural Aerial- Forms bubble around before popping it, if attacked while using the bubble with take a hit.
*Forward Aerial- Brings claws down in front of him.
*Back Aerial- Backwards tail swing.
*Up Aerial- Sticks out spines for a headbutt with a slicing effect.
*Down Aerial- A bubble materializes at Bub's feet before stomping on it.

*Grab- Swings parasol in a 45 degree space infront of him, positioning the opponent above him atop his parasol.
*Pummel- Upward parasol thrust.
*Forward Throw- Swings parasol forward to toss opponent.
*Back Throw- Swings parasol back to toss opponent backwards.
*Up Throw- Bumps the parasol up hitting opponent upwards.
*Down Throw- Throws opponent downwards and then using parasol as a pogo stick jumps on them.

*Neutral Special (Bubble)- A chargable move; spits a bubble that travels a short distance before popping, however if charged the bubble will be alot larger when blown. This size matters as if a bubble is larger than an opponent or object it will be able to trap them. Trapped opponents can be attacked for large knockback while objects turn into fruit that stays inside the bubble and when attacked restores as much damage as they whould have dealt. Charged bubbles can be "saved", saved bubbles are indicated by glowing white spines.
*Side Special (Pop) - Throws a blue ball at a downwards angle that will start to bounce if it reaches a surface and then continues bouncing off terrain. Either after time or making contact with an opponent it will explode, dealign decent damage and knockback; a refrence to Chack 'n Pop, another game developed by Taito that inspired Bubble Bobble
*Up Special (Rainbow)- A rainbow appears below Bub as he jumps on it, sending him into the air while the rainbow flips vertically and falls downwards, damaging anyone who makes contact; good vertical recovery but lacks in horizontal.
*Down Special (Inflate)- Breathes in before intaking all air in and expanding in an instant, making opponents and solid objects bounce off of him. Afterwards there is also lag for Bub to quickly deflate leaving him open if the move failed.
**Final Smash (Potion)- The thunder potion used to defeat Drunk appears and is thrown on the ground or crushed in the air, creating a small bubble that gradually expands. As it expands opponents that make contact with the bubble are trapped thorought the entire duration of the move and will take gradual electrical damage. Able to manuver the stage during the bubble's expansion, Bub can hit opponents into the bubble until it explodes into an electric burst that deals huge damage and knockback on anything inside or near it.

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I did what I could be here it is:
Neutral Attack: spins around really fast and whacks the opponent with his tail. Can be repeated like Pikachu's headbutt.
Side Attack: Lunges forward and does a headbutt.
Upwards Attack: Jumps upward and hits the opponent with his head.
Downwards Attack: Swipes at his opponent's feet.
Dash Attack: Performs a little drop kick.

Neutral Aerial: Spins around hitting opponents with his tail.
Front Aerial: Does a somersault and hits the opponent on the head with his tail.
Back Aerial: Whacks opponents behind him with his tail.
Up Aerial: Swipes upwards.
Down Aerial: Spins headfirst towards the ground like a drill.

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Hell yeah...!!!
Ehm... I Like those two =P and I dig Proyectiles :4falco::4miigun::4megaman:
so I keep nominating them in the "rate their chances" post...
They may be outclased and outdated, but they would be very interesting in the game

I even made a moveset for them, it a little rough, but it's my first time with a drawing tablet @_@

The moves are based on BubbleBobble
Normal bubbes as Normal
and Special bubbles as Special that works as :4zelda:Din's Fire with other props.

The rainbow from Rainbow Island as his SideB

The Parasol from Parasol Star as a Down B that works like :4gaw: Bucket

The Bubble Launcher from Puzzle Bobble as UpB and Final Smash

Hope you like it

:bubblebobble:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Hell yeah...!!!
Ehm... I Like those two =P and I dig Proyectiles :4falco::4miigun::4megaman:
so I keep nominating them in the "rate their chances" post...
They may be outclased and outdated, but they would be very interesting in the game

I even made a moveset for them, it a little rough, but it's my first time with a drawing tablet @_@

The moves are based on BubbleBobble
Normal bubbes as Normal
and Special bubbles as Special that works as :4zelda:Din's Fire with other props.

The rainbow from Rainbow Island as his SideB

The Parasol from Parasol Star as a Down B that works like :4gaw: Bucket

The Bubble Launcher from Puzzle Bobble as UpB and Final Smash

Hope you like it

Its a nice moveset, I wanted to incorporate the bubble launcher but I didn't have space to put it in. Then again I could make it his entrance. Nice to see another Bub supporter on the boards.

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
I thought I was alone in this, its always nice to see others with the same taste, even if we are a small group.
I spent all the day in front of the pc to do this moveset, I had it in mind for almost a year, but now was the time to do it. I hope to do more for them in the future... at least, give them better faces Dx

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I thought I was alone in this, its always nice to see others with the same taste, even if we are a small group.
I spent all the day in front of the pc to do this moveset, I had it in mind for almost a year, but now was the time to do it. I hope to do more for them in the future... at least, give them better faces Dx
When I read about the Magic Parasol on the Bubble Bobble wiki, it just seemed like a grab to me but I guess it can be used as a special. I've never actually played a Bubble Bobble game.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Little secret: I'm a massive Bubble Bobble-veteran. Also cleared Rainbow Island twice to get the true ending. Add me up!

I personally think Bub would be very fun addition, but what if we had Ice Climber-style variant where you play as both Bub and Bob? You could also have their human forms Bubby and Bobby as alternate characters. The reason for this would be the massive emphasis on 2-player Bubble Bobble-games have had since the beginning of their prime.

Last edited:

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
I'll show you my own complete Moveset, with some examples to ilustrate.

Playstyle and Moveset:
Fall Speed: 3/10: Bub falls slowly, flapping his arms like in Rainbow Island :4villager:
Weight: 6/10: Bub is a little chubby, so even being small is middleweight :4ness:

Jump Height: 8/10: Bub has a above average jump height to make up for his small size and his second jump is higher because he jumps in a bubble, he also can Wall Jump. :4falco:

Normal Ground Attacks:
Jab Combo: Bub launches up to 4 normal bubbles that can reach 4 times his size. they start fast but get slower, when they pop deals more damage (2% the bubble, 6% the pop) :4megaman: (Jab)
Down Tilt: Sweeps his tail fastly hitting harder with the spiked tip. 6% / 9%(Tip) :4yoshi:(D Tilt):4marth:(D tilt)

Up Tilt: Bub shows a RainbowStar abobe his head 8% (Hand) /10%(Star) :4peach: (UTilt)
Dash Attack: Bub slips and rolls 15% (Start) / 7% (Roll, can multi-hit) :4dedede: (Dash)

Smash Attacks:
Forward: Bub shoots a bubble in front of him, trapping the opponent inside it, carrying them up to 3 bub sizes . Deals damage when pop. deals more damage when charged 10% / 12% / 15%:4megaman:(FSmash) :4dedede:(B)

Down: Bub Swings his Parasol in a round, it can be angled 17% (front) 15% (back) // ►20% (front) 18% (back) //▼22% (front) 20% (back) :4littlemac: (DSmash)
Up: Bub curls himself and jumps dealing damage with his spikes 18%/ 22%/ 25% :4bowser:

Aerial Attacks:
►Air: Does a fast front flip and hits opponent with tail, it can spike! 12% early / 15% clear.:4mario:(F air)
▼Air: Bub shoots a bubble downward it travels up to 2 bub sizes and pops :4miigun:(U Air but down)

Grabs:

Forward: Throws opponent with the parasol right forward. 10%:4megaman: (F throw)
Backward: Throws opponent back and Bub stomp it with his tail 3% :4marth:(B throw)
Down: Throws opponent to the ground and shoot it a fire bubble. 6%:4charizard: (D throw)

Up: Bub throws opponent forward in an Arc and shoots a Thunder Bubble at him, it pops quickly and the bolt hit the opponent 5% throw 2% bubble 6% Bolt :4falco: (Back Throw)

Specials:

Bub shoots a controlable bubble that when it Pops release a stream of water that can carry an opponent down, in the ground the stream can carry the opponent too. In the air, causes a meteor effect. 3%

The Bubblpe pops and drop a flame, in the air hit and burn. in the ground, causes a "lava" effect that last for 3 seconds. 6% (air) / 4% (ground / multi hit)
:4robinf: :4ness:(Like Arc Fire or PK but downwards)

The bubble pops and shoot a fast lightining bolt forward that "paralyses" and hit hard. 8%

:4shulk:The Next Bubble is shown in the Bub Picture in the damage counter, like Shulk Monado's Arts

Bub shoots a Star whit a Rainbow trail. the Trail is Solid and last 2 seconds, and bub (or other character) can step on them.
0% Rainbow

Bub can catch a projectile with his parsol. if B is press, he releases a bubble that makes 2x damage but is 1/2x slower than the proyectile

a Bubble launcher apprears and shoot Bub into the air in a Bubble up to 4 bub sizes.
has a slow start but the bubble deals heavy damage when pops, and can be angled.

Bub Bubble 8%

Final Smash:
Bust-a-Move:
Bub gets out the stage and a Launcher appears in the bottom and some bubbles appear in the top. It plays like Puzzle Bubble (or Boost-a-Move) with Bub controling the levers and Bob shooting bubbles

Taunts:

Entrance:

Victory Poses:
Bub shoot a bubble buster ( http://bubblebobble.wikia.com/wiki/Bubble_Buster ) and trap it
Bub and Bob jump in Joy

Hope you like it :bubblebobble:

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I'll show you my own complete Moveset, with some examples to ilustrate.

Playstyle and Moveset:

Normal Ground Attacks:

Smash Attacks:

Aerial Attacks:
Grabs:

Specials:

:4robinf: :4ness:(Like Arc Fire or PK but downwards)

0% Rainbow

Bub Bubble 8%

Final Smash:
Bust-a-Move:

Taunts:

Entrance:

Victory Poses:
Bub and Bob jump in Joy

Hope you like it :bubblebobble:
Thanks man! I'll might add it to the OP later if you want.

ϟPlazzapϟ

Smash Apprentice
Heck yes i've always wanted this guy to be in smash, i made a moveset awhile back and it's still on paper.

*Combo- Does a repeating claw swipe alternating between claws, then does one final claw that launches a bit.
*Side Tilt- Extends tail for a second to preform a long ranged tail whip, has a bit of startup lag to build momentum for the swing; can trip opponents.
*Up Tilt- Innocently pops a bubble above, the popping affect afterwards causes damage.
*Down Tilt- Does two lower swipes on the ground, very quick albeit weak and lacking in range.
*Dash- Slips on a puddle with a bubble effect which causes him to kick upwards, dealing surprisingly good damage abd knockback but leaves Bub open for a second afterwards.

*Side Smash- Stabs an unopened parasol forward that stuns the opponent for a second before dealing great knockback; by attacking again, an extra manuver can be executed while the opponent is stunned that opens the shut parasol adding more damage but dealing less knockback.
*Up Smash- First tap creates a bubble above and charging makes it slowly expand until maximum charge, while charging opponents small enough to fit in the bubble will be trapped before the bubble pops giving them knockback.
*Down Smash- Three full circle tail swings that start up slow but gain momentum for each swing to make it faster with each swing.

*Neural Aerial- Forms bubble around before popping it, if attacked while using the bubble with take a hit.

*Grab- Swings parasol in a 45 degree space infront of him, positioning the opponent above him atop his parasol.
*Down Throw- Throws opponent downwards and then using parasol as a pogo stick jumps on them.

*Neutral Special (Bubble)- A chargable move; spits a bubble that travels a short distance before popping, however if charged the bubble will be alot larger when blown. This size matters as if a bubble is larger than an opponent or object it will be able to trap them. Trapped opponents can be attacked for large knockback while objects turn into fruit that stays inside the bubble and when attacked restores as much damage as they whould have dealt. Charged bubbles can be "saved", saved bubbles are indicated by glowing white spines.
*Side Special (Pop) - Throws a blue ball at a downwards angle that will start to bounce if it reaches a surface and then continues bouncing off terrain. Either after time or making contact with an opponent it will explode, dealign decent damage and knockback; a refrence to Chack 'n Pop, another game developed by Taito that inspired Bubble Bobble
*Up Special (Rainbow)- A rainbow appears below Bub as he jumps on it, sending him into the air while the rainbow flips vertically and falls downwards, damaging anyone who makes contact; good vertical recovery but lacks in horizontal.
*Down Special (Inflate)- Breathes in before intaking all air in and expanding in an instant, making opponents and solid objects bounce off of him. Afterwards there is also lag for Bub to quickly deflate leaving him open if the move failed.
**Final Smash (Potion)- The thunder potion used to defeat Drunk appears and is thrown on the ground or crushed in the air, creating a small bubble that gradually expands. As it expands opponents that make contact with the bubble are trapped thorought the entire duration of the move and will take gradual electrical damage. Able to manuver the stage during the bubble's expansion, Bub can hit opponents into the bubble until it explodes into an electric burst that deals huge damage and knockback on anything inside or near it.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Heck yes i've always wanted this guy to be in smash, i made a moveset awhile back and it's still on paper.

Nice moveset I'll add it to the OP. Btw if anyone can make a Bub signature or recommend some Bubble bobble music for me to put into the OP it'll be great.

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
I would love to see the PopCorn Stage

Or Round 1

An upward scrolling castle

Parasol Star stages are like something between Bubble Bobble and Rainbow Island

Puzzle Bubble Stages could work playiing over the Bubbles (ir gigant scale) and gettinh hit with bubbles shooted from bellow...

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I would love to see the PopCorn Stage

Or Round 1

An upward scrolling castle

Parasol Star stages are like something between Bubble Bobble and Rainbow Island

Puzzle Bubble Stages could work playiing over the Bubbles (ir gigant scale) and gettinh hit with bubbles shooted from bellow...
They would probably add something like round one in smash if Bub was playable.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I see Ice Climbers coming back as DLC, enough time given to make them work in 3DS.

I see Bub and Bob being DLC shortly after that point, working very similarly.

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Looks nice, btw I played Bust a Move for the first time in an arcade today. It was great.
That music is adictive... no wonder why everyone in my city gets poor in that arcade... now is really hard to find arcades here, there is just one big one in my city and now is just a poor man's versión of the king that was before, now there are just slot machines (and more than 2/3 are ilegal) ...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Thanks for having a poll for Bub! Make sure you guys vote yes for Bub!

Mooro...

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-2879-3341
There's 6 days left and even though I want Bandana Waddle Dee the most, I'll put in a vote or two for this little guy. :bubblebobble:

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
It's really nice to see that Bub got some love in the Poll, obviously he isn't a "A-list" character right now, but being 249 of 438 puts him in a better place than a lot of characters, and in the same "tier of being wanted" of Sophitia, Jill Valentine, Jinbanyan, Kos-mos and Gunvolt (to name a few)... being them almost the mascot of their own more recent games.

Maybe in the future Square recognze them as an interesting duo, and reboot their franchise... Meanwhile, is always good to being able to play Puzzle bubble in the Phone.

Top Bottom