• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time of Smashing 2 ~ Bring Setups! Bring People!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
What time is it? It's the...

TIME of SMASHING

Cohosting with Talwind, we're hosting some more Melee events here in classic Philadelphia. Have some good TIMES OF SMASHING with classics like Cactuar, ChiboSempai, Talwind, GOTM, Ranmaru, No Cash, UltimaScout, Dobs, and more. Lets make this a big tournament! The venue is nice, it's a cool location, and furthermore we'll be helping out the winners of Pound 5 by donating a percentage of the venue fee to them.

DATE & TIME

March 26th, 2011

11am - 12pm : Friendlies and Registration
12pm - 3pm : Doubles Tournament
3pm - 7pm : Singles Tournament
7pm - 10pm : Draft Crews (time permitting)

La Salle University (1900 W. Olney Ave)
La Salle Union, Music Room(2nd Floor)
Philadelphia, PA 19141

Don't worry, none of these chairs will be in the room like that lol, it will be a normal table arrangement. It's a fairly spacious room, we can easily accommodate a tournament of 40-60 people.

PRICE

$5 Venue Fee (Bring a full setup and get a free venue fee!)
$5 Per Person Doubles ($10 per team)
$10 Singles

Check it out, all you need is one of these guys and you good!

We will be donating a percentage of the venue fee to the winners who were not paid out at Pound 5. We will be officially donating the money through Smashboards. For more information check out this thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=299397

SETUPS

Bring a full setup (TV + System + Game) and you don't have to pay the venue fee!

We always have a good amount of setups. I believe the last ToS event had a 3:1 entrant to TV ratio, that's sweet! Chibo will be bringing some setups, Talwinds got one, the venue can provide us with some TVs, people bring systems n stuff, and with your help we can have even more!

We currently have 5 to 6 setups at the moment provided by Chibo, Talwind, the Venue, and Dobs. Even if you can't bring a TV, bring a cube in your bookbag, we could use it.

ATTENDANCE

We've got all your classic PA area players that will be here, and then some. Lets bring out NJ, NY, MD, VA, EVERYONE! Lets make this a great event, have an awesome time, and the more people we get, the more we donate to the Pound 5 Fund.

Currently players who are coming or have expressed interest are:
Chibo
Talwind
GOTM
Vex
Velocity
No Cash
Ranmaru
July
Metal Reeper
UltimaScout
CanISmash
Kidneybeans
Chain-Ace
Redd
SneakyDave
Yien
Bones0
Mexi

RULES

We will be using the MBR Ruleset Found here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8981808

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The first one wasn't called ToS, that was just Talwind's Tourney lol

Talwind set the date with his school, unfortunately I think this was the only date available. I didn't realize it was the same as No Johns till after we made the thread, but I'm hoping I can still get MDVA to come to this, I can't see most of them making the trek up to No Johns, this is a lot more convenient.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Edit: I wish I could go, but I'll probably attending No Johns since Eggm is my ride.

But if I feel like going to this, how would I get here from Greyhound Terminal Filbert St.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Edit: I wish I could go, but I'll probably attending No Johns since Eggm is my ride.

But if I feel like going to this, how would I get here from Greyhound Terminal Filbert St.
chance of me or someone else picking you up or market frankford subway to 15th street free transfer to broad street line up to olney which is walking distance away

kidneybeans

Smash Apprentice
I'll try to make this. I can bring a full setup. However if a TV is unnecessary, give me a heads up.

GOTM

Smash Champion
I'm going to come to this one. Dobs, you still live in West Chester right? If so we should carpool. Hit me up.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
I don't think I can make this because I might be working that day. Hopefully not though :)

If I knew about this 2 weeks in advance I would def be going...

GOTM

Smash Champion
yo mark i might have to come over a lil later sunday. maybe like right after dinner. thats still the plan right?

SneakyDave

Smash Cadet
I'm going to try and be here. I'd take megabus to Philly. Can anyone house meeeee?
I'll house you

I will be bringing a melee set up (No TV).
Recording set up if ppl need it.

Edit:
yien will be attending as well. We will be teaming.
RKim: pending...

Hey ultimascout if you are teaming with metalreeper and he can make it, would you want to play some doubles seriouslies at my place?
There should be a little smashfest type of deal going on the friday before the tourney and I would like to get some practice in with my partner before the tourney.

Talwind

Smash Cadet
I'm coming to this. B) I might need a teammate. Although I'm not that great so be warned lol.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I am winning every one of this series... just saying.
I'm going to play only Melee (no Brawl) from tonight until this tourney, I'ma break top 3 and take you down UltimaScout!
as long as you dont go link, then im screwed, and if you dont pick exeggutor

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
You better be coming to this lol

Who says you're not good you got 2nd in teams at the last one
I may need a teammate I can carry again :) Think Cactuar is goin to No johns... Redd or a fox main anyone... lol

I am winning every one of this series... just saying.
Na I'm cping u to hyrule :) Plus maybe playing shiek and trying lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
dobs should donate a tv to no cash to use for the event or no cash should go look for quarters. come on man, you cant be that short on cash

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
No Cash is trying to get a job. He puts every penny he gets into smash so don't hate <3

How many tv's are we gonna have? probably enough like last time.

Metal Reeper is confirmed :D

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Might be able to drive a car of MD/VA up, can anyone house?
Still fairly tentative for me

Top Bottom