• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time For Some Performances! Jigglypuff's Video and Users Thread

Kojii

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Afrooooo
3DS FC
1650-1652-7604
Watch me struggle vs @Snasen and his wall of projectiles. Commentary is in Norwegian, so don't mind that.

Here's a match against a Lucario

And here's a highlight from when I was playing friendlies on stream

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
Watch me struggle vs @Snasen and his wall of projectiles. Commentary is in Norwegian, so don't mind that.
Man you adapted really well against Toon Link! At one point you totally had him, but you messed up a lot of Rest opportunities and overall looked (at least to me) a little nervous.
Anyway it was still a very drastic change from 1st to 3rd match.

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
lel toon link

Nice switch to ground-based approaches, nice utilt usage to cover behind you, nice spacing adjustment, oops he wrecked your momentum and you got bodied by toon link stuff

Utilt kills though, you know. You should really start integrating that into your late stocks; Jiggs doesn't have a whole lot of stock-ending potential when that high outside of strong dash attack and bair. Utilt actually pressures shield decently (esp. if they have no fast-acting moves OoS) and can be used to catch rolls, landings, misspacing, etc.

Last edited:

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
I may have lost the match, but I think scoring two shield breaks on Lucina in one match is enough of a victory.

Last edited:

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
I never introduced myself:
User name: Stickmanlolz Stickmanlolz
In-Game name: LE_FRANCE
3DS Friend Code: 3480 - 2580 - 8231
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: lolaldenlee
Country of Residence: USA
Palette Colour: Leaf's Hat

Here is the set from my first time on stream, critique it please :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KadLLarODFA

*Note: since it was my first on stream I was nervous in the first round leading to many rolls.

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
- Don't dash attack at low%, it's unsafe on hit
- Airdodge close to the ground only when absolutely necessary (i.e. you can't beat the opponent's option, nor have time to jump away)
- Your movement and spacing is kinda linear and needs some work. I can't really give you specific advice on that though
- Uptilt to kill
- Spaced bairs
- Don't jump into ledge from directly below when possible unless you're clear, Jiggs' jump arc is horrible and eats ledgeguards before sweetspotting
- Never stay above Mario
- Powershield fireballs
- Don't jump into fairs lol

And generally just start trying to learn to read your opponent's behaviour, I guess? He rolled just as much if not more than you, often right into you. His approaches were even more linear than yours and should be easily beaten. It was literally just move around and see if I can hit you with a thing.

Last edited:

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
- Don't dash attack at low%, it's unsafe on hit
- Airdodge close to the ground only when absolutely necessary (i.e. you can't beat the opponent's option, nor have time to jump away)
- Your movement and spacing is kinda linear and needs some work. I can't really give you specific advice on that though
- Uptilt to kill
- Spaced bairs
- Don't jump into ledge from directly below when possible unless you're clear, Jiggs' jump arc is horrible and eats ledgeguards before sweetspotting
- Never stay above Mario
- Powershield fireballs
- Don't jump into fairs lol

And generally just start trying to learn to read your opponent's behaviour, I guess? He rolled just as much if not more than you, often right into you. His approaches were even more linear than yours and should be easily beaten. It was literally just move around and see if I can hit you with a thing.
-This was when I just learned the wonderful tool that is dash attack...I'm better with it now.
-I think about half of those air dodges to the ground were from me trying to figure out which way I was facing or a failed attempt to tech
-I was playing like that because I knew it was very unlikely that he would punish me.
-I often forget the usefulness of u-tilt
-By spacing bairs do you mean consistently sweetspotting it?
-How else could I recover other than landing right on the stage?
-I was only above him in order to bait an up-smash. Besides I noticed he almost never went for any u-airs
-I've been trying to practice my powershields. Do you have a good way to practice them?
-"I GOT CARELESS!"-Robin 2014

I was reading him, but my problem was(and always has been) actually doing something to punish it hard. Mid-match I checked if he would up-smash if I went above him. Once he did do so I realized what type of player I was dealing with and stopped playing so cautiously(rolling). I probably should have shown a video that is more recent and where I was not so nervous. Thank you for the feedback Drakeirving

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
By spacing bairs I mean weaving in and using a bair so it near or only just hits (which isn't the sweetspot), and weaving back out; repeatedly. You didn't look like you were going for bair to kill nor threaten, and besides just actually killing it is quite potent shield pressure while keeping yourself safe. You can then combine it with uptilts to give yourself a wall of death. I would have bet money that he would almost immediately roll into you as soon as he was pressured with bairs at the end of stage.

By the recovery thing I was noting especially when you jumped to grab ledge, popped up a bit too high and got dsmashed, despite him obviously doing it every time you recovered low. Jiggs' long jump arc and poor single jump height makes it very easy to accidentally poke above the ledge without sweetspotting, leaving you vulnerable to many ledgeguards for way too many frames. The advice here is to try to avoid this when possible by timing your jumps properly to only reach the sweetspot at the peak of your jump arc, and keeping yourself slightly away from the ledge in order to space your hurtbox away. Often sweetspots are slightly away from the stage anyways.

I'm not sure why you'd try to bait upsmashes since you can't punish it from above ever.

For powershielding, um, fight more projectiley characters I guess? I'm just really aware that you chose to airdodge (and/or get hit by) a lot of fireballs, which takes way too long to come out (jumpsquat plus startup is 10+ frames) and finish (31 frames after intang starts) and makes you commit just to avoid a projectile, rather than even regular shielding which would start frame 1 and ends 7 frames after shield stun.

Last edited:

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
Thank you for the clarification and recommendations.

I was baiting up-smashes because it allowed me more time to think. It is more effective than landing and having to stress about a possible dash attack or f-smash(we both know he would have done one of the two)

Last edited:

Crabbin

Smash Rookie

Went to my first tournament a few weeks ago, was able to struggle, but not win nearly any at all (although it was a fairly big tourney in Japan, not a local. Everyone was fairly tough). I've been trying hard to improve since. This is just a FG, but it's my most recent one. Opinions are appreciated.

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
Too much rolling and too many airdodges in general, to the point where they could be read and you're limiting your own options. Rosa isn't going to just run into Pound basically ever so those were free punishes for her; if anything you should be using it on Luma. On a less concrete note, I find your movement is a bit stilted, probably a lot of that being due to the excess dodging. This I think is mostly why Rosa was content to just mash smashes until you died first stock, since really you weren't getting around her at all. Your punishes were essentially nonexistent so they were content with throwing stuff out.

Crabbin

Smash Rookie
Too much rolling and too many airdodges in general, to the point where they could be read and you're limiting your own options. Rosa isn't going to just run into Pound basically ever so those were free punishes for her; if anything you should be using it on Luma. On a less concrete note, I find your movement is a bit stilted, probably a lot of that being due to the excess dodging. This I think is mostly why Rosa was content to just mash smashes until you died first stock, since really you weren't getting around her at all. Your punishes were essentially nonexistent so they were content with throwing stuff out.
The dodging is indeed a bad habit that is hard for me to break, but I find it hard to commit to any attacks with puff, thus the floating around. I feel as if I cannot really break away from trying to be overly safe. But I usually perform better on average with Puff than my Sonic, who I know I'm overly aggressive with.

What would have been better options to approach a Rosa like that one? She feels like a fortress to me when I'm using puff.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
So, had a round where my opponent actually did really well first game. Game 2? they switch to Lucina. this did not go well for them.

Last edited:

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
You missed a huge opportunity to call it Kojii Gliding or Flying-Afrooooo , but other than that I see potential in this tech. It could be used to style(and shut up all of those people who call puff boring) and it could be used as a highspeed kill option on an opponent offstage

Kojii

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Afrooooo
3DS FC
1650-1652-7604
You missed a huge opportunity to call it Kojii Gliding or Flying-Afrooooo , but other than that I see potential in this tech. It could be used to style(and shut up all of those people who call puff boring) and it could be used as a highspeed kill option on an opponent offstage
It doesn't have a hitbox. I'm not a huge ego or something, I need something more useful to name it after myself.

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
It doesn't have a hitbox. I'm not a huge ego or something, I need something more useful to name it after myself.
Then we could still use it as a alternate form of rage quit that takes more skill than to simply walk off the edge. No, but seriously I WILL find some kind of use from this tech in tournament setting!(baiting mid-air counters perhaps?)
Quote me on that.

Last edited:

Framerate

Smash Lord
I got some videos from last nights Cleveland monthly. I managed to take a game off of one of our best players, and I also have a set that I won against another great player!

vs ROB:

vs Marth/Mario:

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
CC basically just had that matchup down and Day wasn't prepared for it. It's semi-well-known among Puff players that you can duck under nearly all of ZSS' moveset. The main option that ZSS can go for here is "sweetspotting" her grab, dsmash, and sweet sideB. You can also use extremely tight nairs, dtilt, and SH dair, but obviously these are either less reliable or potentially unsafe. What's important is that you still have to mix it up because otherwise Jiggs can read the grab/sideB and basically just roll in to Rest, as you can see for the game winner.

Last edited:

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
Going to start uploading random Jiggs vids from Anthers and For Glory. I'll just delete old posts every time I have a new vid (if possible)
Well aware of the Pit being bad. I just felt like uploading since all he did was dodge and smash stick.

Last edited:

Kojii

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Afrooooo
3DS FC
1650-1652-7604
What have I created?

SkippyJ

Smash Apprentice
I see you jump > air dodge with a lot of your approaches and movement in general. I assume it's not something you should be doing ALL the time, but is this generally a good option/ something I should be doing a lot, or is it just against tink to catch his bombs?

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530

I did a 2v1, probably my greatest achievement ever in smash as puff, lol...

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
Game 1 @5:44 if you shieldgrab him out of his upB and fthrow he still has no jump so it's a guaranteed stock.

Man the way he can play Cloud there is incredibly dumb when you think about it. Way harder to punish Cloud than it should be lol. Good stuff all games though.

EDIT: actually luigi game you misspaced a lot and played too aggressively lol
EDIT: Against -z- he was really nailing you with sideB and you didn't seem to have an answer. You kept SHADing but pretty clearly that isn't going to help. You probably should have just gone with run up shield then roll to their kick direction to try and punish endlag with dash attack or bair or something.

Last edited:

asmek420

Smash Rookie
hey guys my smash tag is Asmek i main puff on smash4 my latest placing with puff was 9th place at a socal local
None of my matches got stream though but hers a vid of me and my bro ,tell me what you guys think,thanks

vathekid

Smash Apprentice
Welp, hope I'm not to late. Hello, the names Val Zechta! I'm here bringing a video from my YouTube channel to begin the inspiration for jigglypuff users to go out and dominate the fiery fields of battle!
I hope you take the time to watch this for glory battle against bayonetta or any other battle on my YouTube channel as well. It may be a close battle against bayonetta , but I'll train to be the best puff, which is my dream! I'll surpass anyone in my way to become not only the best puff out there, not just the best in the world either, but to make jigglypuff the highest in the list of tiers!
I hope to see ya'll soon!

https://youtu.be/SE7ZPfk-o2I

Kojii

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Afrooooo
3DS FC
1650-1652-7604
Made a video which showcases some stuff Puff can do :)

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Made a video which showcases some stuff Puff can do :)

inb4 there's moving players that will never get hit by those combos.

Im gonna be honest here, I love that video so much, and Im crying at the same time. Those combos would have actually been a thing if it weren't for the fact that Sakurai and his crew abandonned Jigglypuff. The music emphasizes with that.

syklone

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThePerson14
Ganondorf, the king of disrespect? Pffffffffffffffffffffff ya right. Don't taunt when playing against Jiggly.

syklone

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThePerson14
Moar Jiggly stuff. It's too easy to pull off cool stuff with her (him? it? ah whatever, lol)

Top Bottom