• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time for an Upgrade!! Awaken, Megaman X!

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413

For a hundred years, Dr. Lights greatest creation lay dormant, waiting for the day that the diagnostics the good Doctor put in place are finished. He now awakens with an ever increasing arsenal of weaponry, ready to take on the strongest enemies the evil Mavericks have to put forth.

I believe, with this new entry, it's entirely possible that we could get X as a sort of "returning newcomer" of sorts. Considering he's arguably the most popular form of Megaman to date, it's entirely feasible, and he'd be similar enough to the original Megaman that people would welcome the change I'm sure.

So anyway lets get on to the interesting tidbits, MOVE IDEAS!

• Neutral Special - Charge Shot
Look what else was it supposed to be? The signature charge shot is just what it sounds like. Charge up the X-Buster, then release for a powerful and staggering Charge Shot.
  • Up Special - Dash
This is where X starts to differentiate himself from Classic MM. With Up Special X would perform a Dash, similar to Lucario's Up Special, in any direction that is held immediately after. This move would do no damage, but would have massive utility.
  • Forward Special - Lightning Web
Fires an electrically-charged spider net that travels a small distance and then stops, allowing it to be used for a wall jump.
  • Down Special - Spin Wheel
This move fires a sizable wheel to the floor that travels a far distance along surfaces it comes into contact with, damaging opponents along the way.

• FINAL SMASH - Legendary Maverick Hunters
A few steps from X, Zero teleports in for an assist! Zero takes a large slash with his Z-Saber, catching any opponents into the Final Smash that are hit. A cutscene plays out where X and Zero make a combination attack against the enemies, culminating in X and Zero transforming into their ultimate armors and letting off a final Charged Buster Shot from them both.

Alt. Costume Ideas

Command Mission X

Megaman ZX - Model X

Megaman Zero - Copy X

Megaman Battle Network - Megaman.exe

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I love the idea of adding in X, or even Zero or Axl, but it's not nearly as iconic, which makes me think it's a bit of a long shot, especially since Capcom isn't doing a lot with Megaman, let alone X, to make him relevant. Still think he's an awesome choice htough.

I know you've got other ideas here, but I think it would be cool for X to incorporate some of the custom moves that Megaman had in 4 if they were to get rid of custom moves. Obviously not all would be applicable, and all would need a name change to be accurate to X's games, but if custom moves leave then that's an option that's available.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I loved Megaman X as a kid, and X2 is my favorite SNES game of all time. However, I think it's a bit redundant to have him in Smash when classic Megaman (who is considered the face of the whole series) is already in the game.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I think it's a bit redundant to have him in Smash when classic Megaman (who is considered the face of the whole series) is already in the game.
Except their designs are wildly different and there's no shortage of options to choose from when it comes to special moves and smash attacks, far more than any single character, even with a full custom special list, can account for.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Except their designs are wildly different and there's no shortage of options to choose from when it comes to special moves and smash attacks, far more than any single character, even with a full custom special list, can account for.
Yeah, I know their moves are different, but their designs are actually quite similar. And from a corporate perspective I would assume Capcom/Nintendo find it better to use the main face of the series instead of a spinoff.

Now, I wouldn't mind if X got in, nor do I oppose him getting in at all. But I'm just saying the chances are high they'll only pick one or the other.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Capcom/Nintendo find it better to use the main face of the series instead of a spinoff.
Why not both?

And their designs aren't as similar as Kirby and Jigglypuff, or Pit and Dark Pit, or Mario and Doctor Mario. Hell they're actually on around the same level as Mario and Luigi.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I'm not sure how I feel about the idea of having X replace classic Mega Man. However, I'd love to see him in Smash nonetheless. The original is hands down my favourite game of all time. Plus with him headlining MvCI and the Mega Man X collection allegedly releasing this year, he's actually fairly relevant. On the off chance Sakurai gives Mega Man another rep, it's probably a toss-up between him and Zero.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Bring in X and Zero as a package deal, and we can finally represent about a tenth of the elements and attack styles present within the Megaman series :p

UserKev

Smash Champion
Yeah, I know their moves are different, but their designs are actually quite similar. And from a corporate perspective I would assume Capcom/Nintendo find it better to use the main face of the series instead of a spinoff.

Now, I wouldn't mind if X got in, nor do I oppose him getting in at all. But I'm just saying the chances are high they'll only pick one or the other.
I kinda agree. I'm not against Mega Man X either. I even used to want the character right before classic Mega Man was revealed but, X doesn't exactly fit in Smash to me. Its complicated.

Its like, he gives the gimmick of being too cool for Smash.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
I've never played an X game, but I'd be on-board with his inclusion. Mega Man X Collection is coming to Switch, which would be a proper time for a cross-promotion.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
He looks badass. Sm4sh Megaman looks like a little baby man.

Last edited:

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
Never played it before. But, I'm planning getting Mega Man X Legacy Collection for my PS4. I support!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, since we got both Ryu and Ken, who's to say one day we won't get a 2nd Mega Man character? And Mega Man X is definitely my favorite of the bunch. MMX1 and MMX2 might be tied for my favorite game period.

Count me in!

https://smashboards.com/threads/super-fighting-robots-2nd-mega-man-character-thread.482471/

I have a general support thread for Mega Man characters if you guys are interested in that as well, just click the link in my sig.

Again, it's a general support thread, so if you're also fans of Zero, Protoman or Mega Man EXE for example, you can show your support!

X Buster MMX.gif

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm almost finished with my very first playthrough of Megaman X and I love it! I want him in so much! So yes, I support him. There are lots of characters who could stand alongside the blue bomber, and while I don't think X would be the most interesting or my most wanted MM rep, I would love to see him in Smash regardless.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm almost finished with my very first playthrough of Megaman X and I love it! I want him in so much! So yes, I support him. There are lots of characters who could stand alongside the blue bomber, and while I don't think X would be the most interesting or my most wanted MM rep, I would love to see him in Smash regardless.
Glad to hear you like the game!

Top Bottom