• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tilt vs Smash stick - Ness edition

kraw23

Smash Apprentice
I followed the crowd and switched to tilt stick at the start of smash ultimate, but as time goes on I am really starting to prefer smash stick. I don't often use Ness' tilts, and dsmash at ledge is too important to mess up with a miss input.

What have you guys been doing?

Last edited:

Specs64z

Smash Journeyman
I use Smash stick. Ness’s tilts are too situational, in my experience.

It could even be argued that special stick is better than tilt stick just for the PSI magnet movement.

kraw23

Smash Apprentice
Special stick I hadn't even considered. I'll have to look in to that!

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I use the tilt stick just cause I use it for everything else and I don’t feel like having a different control layout with Ness

EGsmash

Smash Apprentice
I do tilt but mostly that's because I like playing :ultganondorf: and I don't want to have to change controller setups.

Omastar

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2638-1454-6031
I use tilt, but its mostly for Ridley's tilts which are important for spacing. In general tilts are less committal and for some characters are essential for neutral play. Of course its preference, but I know Awestin and BestNess, two of the best Ness players right now both use tilt stick. Unsure of what Fow is using, but it looks like tilt stick for the most part and besides certain characters like Olimar are the wave.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I've considered using tilt stick instead of smash stick after seeing that SmashCorner video with what tilt stick can do and how it can create some interesting set ups. I haven't bothered trying it, though. Maybe I should try tomorrow and see if I like the results.

Top Bottom