• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List v8, Marth back at 5th

Ereth

Murda Bidness
I feel like this move was warranted, Marth has one of the best MU spreads in the game with no hard counterpicks and more than half the cast at +1 or better. Personally I think Marth could even move higher because he has all the tools to beat any character and his only real flaws are recovery, very little nontip kill power, and landing, although those are pretty big flaws you can work around them by maintaining stage control, spacing, and walling opponents out.

What do you guys think?

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
How does this only have 2 replies?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Wasn't that big news :p, a good chunk of active Marth mains on this forum were in the BBR already / post in the competitive discussion boards (where the official tier list release is).

Periodic (monthly) release of:
Top 15 Tournament Threats and 10 Weakest Characters
as tallied by top player's opinions.

What I'm after:
Ordered 1-15 "Biggest Tournament Threats"
Unordered 10 "Weakest Characters in the cast"

Blurb: This covers roughly half the cast and the intent is to be a lot less serious than a "tier list" during a time which the metagame changes rapidly from both patches and tournament results/discoveries.
In the past, we would look for mostly consensus through discussion and deviations would help decide "tier gaps", but in this case I'd prefer to promote a personal factor to it; what characters you "fear to play in tournament?" and "wouldn't even drop stocks against / are irredeemable?", less 'potential' and more a reflection of your own mindset. With the start of the Summer tournament season with so many large events over the horizon I hope these questions will be easy to answer =)
However you would like to interpret 'biggest threats' and 'weak' in your lists are fine by me.
Customs and new characters considerations are fine if you feel they're relevant.

Who I've asked to participate are my own selections biased towards those I know personally, can readily contact and are ranked high on the Smashboard's Ladder.
This is the first instance and I'm happy to do this with current numbers and grow (with your input) from there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom