• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

Paradoxium

Smash Master
I think I'm starting to understand D3 just a bit better, but am still totally lost in the neutral game.

Dawson: vids pls jesus christo
I just take center stage and then start walling the **** outta them, im not sure if thats the most optimal way of doing it though lol

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Poor choice. You can't reliably gimp or shine spike D3, and with Usmash nerfed + fatty + Dreamland, it's a recipe for disaster.

_A1

Smash Apprentice
I watched that Fox vs DDD set, and was a bad representation of the matchup. As a Fox main, I hope that's not how people play the character. The Fox had very poor decision making in neutral and a bad punish game too.

D

Deleted member

Ok, so I sat down for a few minutes and ate some pizza. I pondered what my top 10 looks like

Not perfect, but heres my top 10 in no order:
:falco::fox::wolf::roypm::falcon::ike::lucario::sheik::rob::zerosuitsamus:

I'm still trying to come up with what I think is next after top 10.

D

Deleted member

Falcon is really good. A lot of the 3.02 busted neutral games have been toned down, so falcons great mobility/dash dance once again dominates vs several characters. Plus, MANY of the new brawl characters are floaty and/or have bad tech rolls, so falcon destroys them. He's probably not top 5, but definitely in that 6-10 area.

Edit: Peach isn't top 10, you're crazy.
Sonic, I think is a bit overrated. He's weird, I don't think he's bad but I'd need someone to convince me he's up there
Diddy is also very... weird. With a banana, diddy is pretty legit. But if you can take diddys banana, you now make diddy have to respect you SO much. Without a nanner, diddy goes down the tier list so hard, meaning a good item game will ruin him.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Ok, so I sat down for a few minutes and ate some pizza. I pondered what my top 10 looks like

Not perfect, but heres my top 10 in no order:
:falco::fox::wolf::roypm::falcon::ike::lucario::sheik::rob::zerosuitsamus:

I'm still trying to come up with what I think is next after top 10.
i would swap ike for samus. and maybe falcon for sonic.

def agree with the other 8 though.

D

Deleted member

She is like falcon with a whip. Her neutral game heavily relies on her mobility, aka use of dash dance. She works off of tech chases due to her regular grab instead of auto combos. She lost a lot of her PM bull**** when they removed her dash cancelled nB as well. She functions similarly to a falcon that rarely gets gimped and is harder to combo, she's REALLY GOOD.
This was a post in the PM Social Thread, but it works here as well.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I dunno what changed about ZSS. All I can remember is holy ****ing Batman, she has a normal grab now.

D

Deleted member

ZSS was pretty underrated to begin with, and was one of the few characters majorly buffed in 3.5 (dat grab tho)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm curious on Ike in top 10. I think he's definitely in the upper half of the cast for sure but beyond that, Idunno

D

Deleted member

Ike is ridiculous. I think his QD is stupid, but no one agrees with me.

D

Deleted member

QD gives him great access to mixups and getting grabs, and ridiculous grab followups. It's really good, I'm just waiting for someone (Most likely metroid) to come and kill everyone with ike.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
The worst I've seen with QD is QDJCG tech chases

I also played a guy who could hit the insta-kill up to 15-20% of the time, though obviously it's far too easy to read and takes way too long lol

D

Deleted member

The instakill is a joke. If you get hit by it, you're bad

Or you're the VERY rare situation that k9 was in, where he didn't even know that it was a thing LOL

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Lunchables on that day 1 ZSS hype.

Granted it might be true if they fix her throws and un-**** nair range in the bugfix patch, but we'll see... She does have some legit bad matchups.

D

Deleted member

ZSS isn't in top 5 either btw, she's in that 6-10 area. She's still really good though.

BTW HER THROWS ARE FINE, SHES A FAST CHARACTER WITH A TECH CHASE, ITS GOOD >____>

also I have no idea what they did to nair since I haven't played 3.02 zss, but nair seems fine to me?

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
ZSS isn't in top 5 either btw, she's in that 6-10 area. She's still really good though.

BTW HER THROWS ARE FINE, SHES A FAST CHARACTER WITH A TECH CHASE, ITS GOOD >____>

also I have no idea what they did to nair since I haven't played 3.02 zss, but nair seems fine to me?
The size and angle was changed.

D

Deleted member

Everyone loses fairly hard to spacies

Toon Link suffers the same problem but sethlon/oracle/denti think tink is top 5.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Her throws aren't fine. It's possible to DI them such that you can't get a techchase, converting her grab game into pure positional advantage at fairly low percents. Dthrow/uthrow is also no longer a DI mixup, so you can't punish them effectively for it.

D

Deleted member

What is this DI that doesn't let you get a tech chase? AFAIK, DI'ing away means a tech chase, and DI'ing in gives ZSS followups, so you always want to DI away.

Mr. Cuddles

Smash Apprentice
To be honest PM has no tier list. everybody is on the same level whether they have been buffed or nerfed. just because fox and falco play like melee doesnt mean thier going to win , and just because the PM gods got nerfed doesnt mean they are going to lose. falco , olimar and everybody else has to work just as hard to beat anybody , since every character has so much potential. I think this is game where there is not really a tier list , but more of a thing with Character match ups.

D

Deleted member

This game definitely can be categorized into groups of who is slightly better than who

I think its impossible to give exact numbers (1. fox 2. falco 3. wolf 4. w/e, etc) but It's pretty obvious that character matchups have to do with how good they are. When we organize characters into different groups, we're organizing them based on how good their overall MUs are vs the rest of the cast. (At least, thats what I do. Some of you guys are idiots)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
There are definitely tiers. Fox says "Hello, Goodbye you are smelly" to Olimar for dayz

supascoot

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SupaScoot
To be honest PM has no tier list. everybody is on the same level whether they have been buffed or nerfed. just because fox and falco play like melee doesnt mean thier going to win , and just because the PM gods got nerfed doesnt mean they are going to lose. falco , olimar and everybody else has to work just as hard to beat anybody , since every character has so much potential. I think this is game where there is not really a tier list , but more of a thing with Character match ups.
U WOT

MY PERSONAL PM VERSION 3.5 TIER LIST

G0D TIER
FOX :fox::fox::fox::fox::fox::fox:
FALCO:falco::falco::falco::falco::falco::falco:

wolf too

**** TIER

EVERYONE ELSE :wario:

olimar tier
:olimar: (toonlink)

really though putting the condition "loses to spacies" on every char who you say is top 10 is most likely a given, instead you should say characters who you think have a even (or winning lol) MU with spacies, as they are far more notable and discustion worthy than the constant "this character is really good except they lose to spacies so they are olimar tier"

SpiderMad

Smash Master
QD gives him great access to mixups and getting grabs, and ridiculous grab followups. It's really good, I'm just waiting for someone (Most likely metroid) to come and kill everyone with ike.
metroid semi-mastered the C-stick Nair technique, along with its downfalls. That's one of the four hidden aptitudes

Top Bottom