• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
That was the point. The gameplay mechanics aren't what make the game challenging.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Good god there were a lot more stupid posts since I last posted (Strong bad and Reflex's posts were great reads tho :)). It's not hard to be technical in any game. People lose because they make bad decisions, not because they can't tech. My spacing is phenomenal in brawl. I try to be frame perfect in brawl at everything I do (And my character aka :wolf: is really demanding for perfect play due to being combo bait). I'm also good at downloading people, which helps too.

While I am learning PM still, I'd consider myself decent already due to understanding smash. I'll be good by the time SKTAR comes around. I plan on top 3'ing doubles and aiming for top 10 in singles.
:018:

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Good god there were a lot more stupid posts since I last posted (Strong bad and Reflex's posts were great reads tho :)). It's not hard to be technical in any game. People lose because they make bad decisions, not because they can't tech. My spacing is phenomenal in brawl. I try to be frame perfect in brawl at everything I do (And my character aka :wolf: is really demanding for perfect play due to being combo bait). I'm also good at downloading people, which helps too.

While I am learning PM still, I'd consider myself decent already due to understanding smash. I'll be good by the time SKTAR comes around. I plan on top 3'ing doubles and aiming for top 10 in singles.
Ether you get #1 or #fradulent

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
I'm going to defend @ Seagull Joe Seagull Joe by saying humility as a concept is pretty bullsh*t. "Yeah, I should totally downplay the fact that I'm good at something because that's like politically correct or something and if I ever praise myself I'm an arrogant prick." F*** that line of thinking, quite frankly, it's time we moved past that sort of ****.

On the other hand, specifically in this case SeaJoe has been saying he'll be good at PM in a few months since his first post in the Wolf boards ... Sooooo #callouts #fraudulent #gitgud ;)

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Chu vs Laz seems to suggest otherwise.
So, a better player beat somebody in a bad MU?
Player Skill > MUs to some extent.

I'm going to defend @ Seagull Joe Seagull Joe by saying humility as a concept is pretty bullsh*t. "Yeah, I should totally downplay the fact that I'm good at something because that's like politically correct or something and if I ever praise myself I'm an arrogant prick." F*** that line of thinking, quite frankly, it's time we moved past that sort of ****.
Dude, this is my world.

Bleck

Smash Master
Right, you keep thinking that.

MLGF

Smash Lord
People people, if you're good and you've proved it then talk about your skill (try not to be a huge ass about it though).
If you're bad and talking ****, you're just an arrogant ass that needs a wuppin'.

Did I get it?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Talking **** and being a pompous ass is why I love Leffen's mentality so much. Me and NR think such similar things. We both must be top 5 thinkers/philosophers, almost as good as our hero TeeVee.

roman5hero

Smash Apprentice
saying your good imo is fine.

what isnt fine is going on stream and saying they nerfed jiggs hard when that is crap and she is exactly ported from melee. that pissed me off

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Talking **** and being a pompous *** is why I love Leffen's mentality so much. Me and NR think such similar things. We both must be top 5 thinkers/philosophers, almost as good as our hero TeeVee.

One day we shall get there.

Could we go back to making speculative posts about character viability and take that to social?

Thanks. : )
No.

didds

Smash Lord
Lol, you don't stay humble because it's the politically correct thing to do, you stay humble because being amazing and not talking s**t is ten time more badass than being amazing and constantly talking about it. It's okay to use your talent to make a point, but the quiet dude who has skills will always be cooler imo.

Piccolo>Vegeta as far as cool goes

But other than trying to just seem cooler, then I see no reason not to be full of yourself other than lookin dumb if you're not good, or not wanting to rub people the wrong way. Folks isssssssss sensitive and a lot of cultural development encourages humility. For example: just about everyone with a religious background. Appreciating humility is deeply rooted and many well known and loved "heroes" have humility as one of their main characteristics.

Humility>Cockiness on hero tier list

Last edited:

didds

Smash Lord
how important humility is diminishes as you drift from saving the world to playing Smash lol. I think Eli is hilarious, but I think it can be pushed a little far. I love leffen as a player, but I found his postings a bit obnoxious and he constantly made personal attacks, and not for humor (or using humor) the way Eli usually does.

I just imagine someone like Eli typing and thinkin to himself, "lol, these dumbies, why the hell do they still take this seriously, too easy, they keep feeding me, lololololololololol this is too fun." 20 likes

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
To be fair Laz has been playing about 6 months of competetive smash. LMAOOOO get rekt everyone.
Closer to 8 now just looking at tournament results(he was at TBH3 was he not?)

SixSaw

Smash Journeyman
The important thing to keep in mind here is that you have to actually BE good first, and that requires proving it in tournament. The right to be arrogant is something you earn by putting in the work necessary to back up the trash talk with results. Leffen can say whatever he wants about his ability or the lack thereof of fellow European players because the bracket of whatever regional he most recently won backs it up. When some scrub talks a big game with nothing to back it, he's doing nothing but setting himself up for embarrassment.

HRR2b23

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2535-4498-3108

what isnt fine is going on stream and saying they nerfed jiggs hard when that is crap and she is exactly ported from melee. that pissed me off
To me the only seems different from melee about her is that she seems slightly slower in the air, but that does hurt a lot since Jiggs lives in the air.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It's 1:1. Only reason I would say that would throw you off is that Project M is often played in 16:9, where as Melee is strictly limited to 4:3.

HRR2b23

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2535-4498-3108
It's 1:1. Only reason I would say that would throw you off is that Project M is often played in 16:9, where as Melee is strictly limited to 4:3.
Hm it must just be me then. The reason I said that is because I have more trouble punishing misses with spaced bairs in PM than in Melee, but I guess I'm just better with her in Melee or something haha.

Bleck

Smash Master

In a recent tourney, I beat a Falco player with Diddy Kong and he kept talking about how much they "nerfed Falco's damage from Melee".

Top Bottom