• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Discuss characters' potentials and how they stack up against the rest of the cast here.

Feel free to discuss why your tier list makes sense, and what people are likely missing in theirs.

This stuff below is out of date.
If we get some people putting out their tier lists, I'll average them (or someone else can) and I'll put them up on the OP.

Please keep in mind the tier list averages do not reflect an actual official tier list.

Hopefully I don't get shot for making this thread, lol.

-If you give me your own personal tier list, I will place it into my Excel Spreadsheet with your username and list of 33 characters in order. I'm going to ignore Top/High/etc. and just put it into numerical order.
-This means you do not have to edit your original tier list post. Just re-post it and I will know based on your username whether I am making a new column or just updating an old one.
-I am ignoring Shielda as a character despite her utility. No arguments on this. ^_^
-Putting SHeLL's idea into action. Poll will run for a bit as to what the top 8 characters are. ~Can't make polls :(

As of 1/24/13:
Average From 15 Tier Lists
1. Fox
2. Falco
3. Sheik
4. Marth
5. Peach
6. Mario
High
7. Jigglypuff
8. Lucario
9. Ike
10. Diddy
11. Pit
12. Wolf
13. Falcon
Mid
14. Link
15. Snake
16. Ganondorf
17. Sonic
18. Pikachu
19. Lucas
20. Squirtle
Low
21. Zelda
22. DonkeyKong
23. Bowser
24. Zero SuitSamus
25. Wario
26. Ivysaur
27. Toon Link
Bottom
28. Charizard
29. DeDeDe
30. R.O.B.
31. Ness
32. Luigi
33. Game and Watch

Point totals:

Fox 21
Falco 32
Sheik 92
Marth 130
Peach 132
Mario 139
Puff 142
Lucario 169
Ike 200
Diddy 217
Pit 220
Wolf 269
Falcon 278
Link 298
Snake 298
Ganondorf 310
Sonic 329
Pikachu 345
Lucas 356
Squirtle 379
Zelda 380
DK 396
Bowser 398
ZSS 409
Wario 412
Ivysaur 418
TL 421
Zard 431
D3 460
ROB 472
Ness 485
Luigi 491
GnW 567

As of 1/3/13:

Credit to MCO for averaging.

Life

Smash Hero
I speculate that there will be a tier list. :troll:

Curious where people think the new 2.5 characters fit. Haven't gotten around to playing the demo yet (cause I got Xenoblade! :D), but it looks to me like Squirtle has the most potential of them. He's like vbrawl Sonic in that he has a ton of fakeouts, except vSonic's options are terrible 90% of the time even though he has a lot of them whereas Squirtle doesn't have that problem.

Translucent

Smash Journeyman
I hope that some of the top players of project M could throw together an IDEA of where characters would be on the tier list in a month or so. That would really help and be AWESOME.

P.S. squirtle God Tier

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
I think Ivysaur will be high on the tier list at first, maybe even top tier, but then he'll slowly start to drop as people figure out his gimicks, eventually settling at a position in Lower High tier.

And I think Diddy will do the opposite, start out in high tier and improve to top tier as his metagame develops.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Just a few countless hours of playing vs him I can see how well he'll do. He's like a very fast brawl character with combos. He will be like a better snake, snake is also improved..the future of brawl characters looks very good.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Not really. I tried to make a nicely-made one with MUs and all via a survey-thing made in google docs, but it didn't go anywhere.

Hey actually we could do that again. I say "we" because I'm pretty sure I'd mess the entire thing up like I did with the last one, but I could still do it if needed.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
There was an average placement in Top-high-mid-low- and Bottom. Basically even if the order wasn't exactly correct it was generally agreed that some characters were top/high others were mid or low and that a handful sucked ***. It never got official though. Since we are on smashboards now there will be come an official list this time.

Steam

Smash Hero
Charizard is strong as hell. Link and Ganon still strong... mario too.

first impressions of the new characters was that squirtle and ivy are very strong and ZSS was weak. sources have told me Diddy is a "broken sack of ****".

Strong, weak? In what ways? Fox/Falco should still be going rather well due to general qualities they possessed in melee. Huge punishment game from both. While fox didn't have the lasers for good neutral control and pressure, he still had the mobility to get around a lot of movements. Strong in those ways, but weak in getting out of combos. Ike does well simply out of huge disjoint, wtf.

Alberto1866

Smash Journeyman
Ivy is top tier easily, being able to camp, has one of if not the safest recoveries, can heal her self even though not much, and has good kill options and survives quite nicely.

I've been playing as her against friends and she really deals with everyone nicely.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'm just gonna say DK is at least A tier with such a ridiculous grab, and then -> upair game and then grab -> up throw -> strongest fair in the game.

:phone:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'd attest to Charizard being a high tier character at the highest, mid tier at the very lowest. With the way that Project: M is developing him up, he can't be a bad character again. ...even if I think in 2.1 he was pretty strong when used right.

They've done a great job giving characters good options in P:M

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
I could imagine Ness 2.5 being pretty high on the tier list. He retains most of his strategies(or should I say strategy:smirk:) from 2.1, and on top of that, his PK Flash is GODLY! Not only can it still detinate when Ness is hit, but you also have slightly better control over it. If put in the right hands, it can be an amazing combo finisher, extender or even combo starter. I've done this to my brother, and I made him ragequit soo much. He says PK Flash is too strong. lol

And I thought Ness was beast in 2.1

I'm just gonna say DK is at least A tier with such a ridiculous grab, and then -> upair game and then grab -> up throw -> strongest fair in the game.
I'd like to see how he is going to get these grabs those. He isn't like Marth, Fox, or Sheik who can use their mobility to get grabs. Or Falco for that matter who can often times put people into shield. Solid punishment game, but not sure if better than others by that much.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
If you put Toon Link in anything other than bottom tier, you're wrong. He is the worst character in the game.

Not that he's terrible, his kit is just less good than everyone else's. He lacks kill power, speed, and recovery. You could argue he has combos/camping, but he's not terrific at either, he's just kinda good. That might be enough if he wasn't flat-out bad at the other three.

Ivy might be fighting for second worst, but I'm much more open to debate on that one. She's certainly bottom tier on the "Fun" tier list, though. It's like we took everything we don't like about Jigglypuff, but made it bad.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I want to love squirtle, but he just feels really gimmicky to me. I liked playing around with him in Brawl every once in awhile , and always wished he was better. Here, he doesn't feel that much better. He just feels like he has a new downb that's pretty sweet, improved sideb shenanigans, and a new dair that I don't really like at all. He doesn't feel much better, he just feels different, and with the entire cast on the level they're at, I don't feel like squirtle measures up.

In short, I feel like he's butt. Maybe someone else knows more special tricks with him I can't do that up his viability considerably, but I'm not seeing it. Shellshifting is not a very big deal to me.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
If you put Toon Link in anything other than bottom tier, you're wrong. He is the worst character in the game.

Not that he's terrible, his kit is just less good than everyone else's. He lacks kill power, speed, and recovery. You could argue he has combos/camping, but he's not terrific at either, he's just kinda good. That might be enough if he wasn't flat-out bad at the other three.

Ivy might be fighting for second worst, but I'm much more open to debate on that one. She's certainly bottom tier on the "Fun" tier list, though. It's like we took everything we don't like about Jigglypuff, but made it bad.
I disagree. I think Toon Link is somewhere in the middle. and Ivy...too soon to call for sure.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Here's what I consider to be bottom tier. Though I could see Bowser and Luigi going higher.

Bottom
28. R.O.B.

29. Squirtle

30. Bowser

31. Game and Watch

32. DeDeDe

33. Luigi

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Premium
I'm finding it hard to react in a way where I'm not saying you're crazy on maybe... 5/6 characters on that list. Instead, I'm going to ask you to break down why you think those characters are as bad as they are compared to the rest of the cast.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I think using letter tiers would be better lol. Those character don't feel like they're deserving of the title bottom tier.

Though honestly, I'm surprised you think Bowser should be that low.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Here's what I consider to be bottom tier. Though I could see Bowser and Luigi going higher.

Bottom
28. R.O.B.

29. Squirtle

30. Bowser

31. Game and Watch

32. DeDeDe

33. Luigi
Don't have much time right now, but...R.O.B. is a one trick pony (of doom) with his Forward-B. Squirtle hardcore lacks range. Bowser, I haven't seen cmart play, lol; and he just feels like he could get camped. GnW still feels a little on the weaker side to me. DeDeDe has slow moves, though my opinion will probably change when I start fighting Fly again. Luigi feels nearly the same as Melee.

So yeah.

Keep in mind that bottom just has a stigma of being lacking, when in reality it doesn't particularly apply to Project: M to mean as such.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Premium
Yeah, that's why I haven't felt all too... strongly about it. Plus this is still week-one of the 2.5 Meta.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Lol everyone flipping out. How about other people post who they think is at the bottom instead?

I haven't seen all the characters played enough (in fact I haven't seen a few played at all lol) to make a tier list

:phone:

Top Bottom