• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tidus for Smash!

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
I love Final Fantasy X. I...really can't think of anything else to say.

Hold up, actually. Fogbadge is calling me.
may i offer some advice of what to say?
Okay.
say a little bit about the character and the game theyre from
Final Fantasy X is an RPG made by Squaresoft in 2001 for the PlayStation 2. It will be ported to the Nintendo Switch sometime in 2019.
Tidus is the main character from the game. He starts out as a Blitzball player in a fictional place called Zanarkand until a water creature named Sin destroys said town. 10,000 years later he wakes up in a cave, still looking like he's fifteen. A few moments later he gets snatched up by these guys called the Al Behd who all have guns and wear goggles. They almost kill Tidus (I think; it's been a while since I've played the game) but then a girl named Rikku shows up and stops them. So the Al Behd drag Tidus to their airship (it's a Final Fantasy game, after all) and try to tell him that he can stay if he does some of the work. However, if there's anything that I'm fully aware I forgot to mention, it's that the Al Behd don't speak English...sorta.
You see, the Al Behd speak English, but each letter is replaced with another. For example, "oui" (pronounced "we") means "you". This is actually brought up in one of the segments.
Rikku, however, speaks fluent regular English. She explains that they're saying he can stay if he makes himself useful. So, he does. He and Rikku go underwater (come to think of it, maybe that airship was just a regular boat) and go exploring. (I think the Al Behd needed something like a battery.) What I remember is that there was a lot of backtracking and the first real boss fight (a giant jellyfish thing) was fought here. Then they go back up to the airship/boat and it crashes. Tidus ends up in this place called Spira where guns, cars, and most other machines (defined as "machina") are forbidden by their local religion. Rikku's location isn't revealed 'till later, but I'll give you a hint: she landed at a different location in Spira.
So that's a summary of the first few minutes of Final Fantasy X. Now for Tidus himself.
He's a proportionally accurate animé swordsman (oh boy yay more of those :ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultike::ultlink::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultrobin::ultroy::ultchrom::ultshulk::ultyounglink:) whose sword has the power of water and he can learn a little bit of white magic through the Sphere Grid.
give examples of what they could do in smash
:GCB:: Quick Hit (Haven't gone that far, but I'll assume it's exactly what it sounds like.)
:GCR::GCB:: Blitzball (Tidus throws a Blitzball. Sure, it may be an item used by Wakka, but Tidus plays Blitzball too, so don't get mad.)
:GCU::GCB:: Have you ever noticed that Tidus jumps a little when performing an attack? Let's do that, but exaggerated.
:GCD::GCB:: Haste (Speeds Tidus up.)
(How is there not a Smash Ball emoticon?): Spiral Cut (The FS meter is kinda already like the Oversrive meter, and this is Tidus's first Overdrive. A meter goes across Tidus's icon like Little Mac's KO meter with a line going left and right and a small gold area in the middle. You press the B button to activate it. If the line meets up with the golden area, this attack does extra damage. I'd compare it to Kirby's FS, Ultra Sword.)
and you really should include a picture
tenor.gif

(I swear if this isn't a taunt/victory scene...)

Supporters: SuperDoom1, fogbadge

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
may i offer some advice of what to say? say a little bit about the character and the game theyre from, give examples of what they could do in smash and you really should include a picture

and i would love to see tidus in smash

Potatu

Smash Apprentice
Out of all the SE reps available, my choices are Geno, Tidus, a FF4 rep and Crono, in that order. I'd love to see Tidus in Smash (mainly because the laugh and music he could bring).

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
I support because FF could always use more representation + I would love to play Final Fantasy 10 one day.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Since Tidus is my favorite protagonist in the series besides Noctis and Squall I would gladly support him and see him in smash, even if it isn't the mostlikely thing to happen.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
well no offence i'm for more FF reps but umm didn't Sakurai said that he couldn't find a character more iconic than Cloud
https://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/01/20/sakurai-x-nomura-creator-interview-2016-part-one/
While I am not in support of Tidus myself (I found him and his game absolutely insufferable), I don't think your counter-argument holds water when we already have Cloud in the game. We already know that the entry bar for iconicness is below Cloud's level so it's entirely possible that it could be below that of a slightly less iconic FF character.

Top Bottom