• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thumb pain at the joint closest to the tip

xMetalOverlordx

Smash Rookie
I call it weird because I have looked online and cannot seem to find anyone that has the same issues, I get a constant pain in my thumb after probably 10 - 20 minutes into any kind of gameplay. The pain is happening at the joint of the thumb closest to the tip on my left hand, Google is telling me that the joint is called the interphalangeal joint in case you need a picture for reference. From my searches all I see are people that have issues between the middle joint and the joint closest to the wrist. I do not believe I am either holding my controller weird or putting undue strain on any part with my posture or hand positioning and am experiencing no other pain besides this one, I had actually stopped playing for a year or two because of this and just happened to pickup the game again and immediately found myself with the same issue.

If anyone has any experience with this I would love to hear your input, if not I think I will go see a doctor to see if it is an actual issue with my thumb, you never know.

Top Bottom