• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Guide Throwing Your Weight

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Doc Monocle submitted a new resource:

Throwing Your Weight - Some considerations by a Brawl maroon on the King of Dreamland

Hello. Doc Monocle here with a compilation of thoughts on King Dedede. As I have said elsewhere, I am not worthy to call this a guide, but since he is my favorite character, and since Brawl has received such little attention, I thought it would be fun, and hoped it would be helpful to make a brief write up summarizing my impressions of King Dedede. I have actually tried twice to submit longer texts, but both drafts were lost, and in my frustration, I settled for this. If anything is...
Read more about this resource...

Goomboi

Smash Apprentice
Does he have Gordo in brawl? If he does and its still as good as now, I would have put a section in just about that

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Does he have Gordo in brawl? If he does and its still as good as now, I would have put a section in just about that
Thank you for the input, but I would have to research the Gordo Throw in Ultimate, and without first-hand experience, that might decrease the quality beyond what my fragile memory already does [Edit: Well, I just overlooked that this is a Brawl resource, so perhaps it would not hurt to add a rough section about it, though I would have to collect data about it from other sources if it were to be in depth. Thank you.] . To your question, an analogous move does exist in Brawl, but it is very different if my understanding of the Ultimate iteration is correct. In Brawl, he does not throw gordos exclusively. In fact, he throws waddle dees and waddle doos much more frequently, along with occasional items that are more seldom than gordos. Waddle dees and waddle doos walk across the stage, with an occasional attack, but primarily are useful as 'meat shields' and reflector penetration.

Because gordos do not stick (they strickly bounce before disappearing), they have less of a trapping quality. They are not deflected by attacks either if I remember correctly. I think they are also more powerful in Brawl when they do come out.

Last edited:

Goomboi

Smash Apprentice
That's weird lol, didn't he have some kind of chain grab?

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
That's weird lol, didn't he have some kind of chain grab?
Yes, he did. He was notorious for being able to follow up a down throw with another. I think such things caused chain-grabbing to be removed as a component of play, yes? That might be considered a nerf to him, but if you ask me, chain-grabbing is not really an important aspect of gameplay anyway, and so I do not think it would have impacted him that much.

Top Bottom