• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Throw Follow-ups Against Spacies and Other Fast Fallers

Balance

The Boss
Hey guys, new Falcon here looking for some advice. I'm trying to memorize some surefire combos to rack up damage until I can u-throw > knee against various opponents. Floaties seems easy, but fast fallers are giving me trouble.

Are there any early % combos you can recommend me that are sure to connect against spacies if I can get them in a grab?

Or simply, what would you consider best approach > follow-up practices against this matchup?

Because of the speed and priority disadvantage I just assumed that all of my interactions should start from grab and then go from there.

Thanks!

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
Your early throw combos against spacies are tech-chases. Dthrow/uthrow -> follow their tech roll -> grab/knee/stomp. If they don't tech, you punish them for it (jab/knee/stomp). You're right that grabs are very good in this MU, but you gotta be consistent on your tech-chases to get the full effect.

Tech-chase regrab usually lets you cover every tech option (besides no-tech, which you might be able to cover with jab or WD-jab), and I think it's 100% guaranteed if you're fast. Be ware of spacies wake-up options like shine/spot-dodge/roll because they can punish you if you are even a little slow on the followup. However, these leads to mixups like reading their wake-up shine and punishing with delayed knee.

Top Bottom