• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thrones Mafia - Sign Ups start August 4/5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
You do not need any knowledge of the theme.

The theme is Game of Thrones and it's like a mafia game with mafia roles, but with the diplomacy mechanic to reflect the political family struggles over power and survival. Essentially players are split into different teams, and must choose thier path and adapt to other teams playstyle to win the Iron Throne. This means, it's very different from a normal mafia game, and yet, it is also very similar.

List of Players
1. Swampasaur
2. Holder of the Heel
3. The Stoopid Unikorn
4. GoldenYuiitusin
5. Vaanrose
6. Natz
7. Opossum
8. Praline
9. Coricus
10. Apollo Justice
11. Z25
12. Pokechu

Reserve
Shishoe

Spectators
Zeb~
AmericanDJ
AlphaSSB
ShinyLegendary

Diplomacy Rules

• May request an alliance, reject it or betray an ally. Happens at the end of the phase and the raven is sent to one player. (flavour for targeting one player) This can be done during the night and during the day phases.
    • These 3 things are done by the mods. You may wish to write your own message instead of our generic one which can include anything you like, but the intent must be clear and be approved by us.
    • It's okay to publicly form alliances during the day, but command still has to happen through Team PM for it to count, using Ally: Betray: or Reject Alliance:
    • For example: if Team White sends a raven to Team Red player during night 1, Team Red receives it at the start of day 2. Team White will then receive a reply whether or not the alliance was accepted at the start of Night 2.
    • Whereas betraying happens quicker at the end of the current phase.
    • Upon recieving a request, the team MUST either reject or accept it by the end of the phase, otherwise it is rejected by default.
    • Once allied, a new joint team PM will be made by the hosts, called a alliance PM.
    • Actions bolded in alliance PM will count, but actions in team PM will override all other actions written.
    • Offensive actions on members of alliance will fail if the teams are still allied at the end of the night. All other actions still work.
    • Can only have a maximum of 2 alliances at a time.
    • During the day you may vote to lynch a player.

General Rules
  • Each phase lasts 24 hours, starting and ending at 12:30am UK. (this may change forgot to ask Red haha)
  • PM talking between other users that are NOT in your Team PM is only allowed during the Night phase.
  • This includes alliance PMs.
  • Wolfie557 Wolfie557 and @redfeatherraven must be invited to all PMs
  • PMs made by players are limited to 2 players at most. (the creator, 1 other user, and the 2 hosts)
  • No quoting stuff and No screenshots of your role PM. Anything in the main thread is fair game though.
  • Posting in the main thread is only allowed during Day and Tiebreaker phases. Reactions to Day results are to be kept to a minimum.
  • Votes and unvotes must be bolded. Like this Vote: White. Unbolded votes will not count. To change your vote, please unvote first.
  • Ties result in a 30 minute Tiebreaker phase immediately after Day phase ends. Players who did not vote for the tied players may cast their vote during this. Another tie results in both users getting lynched.
    • If a tie ends with "no lynch" tied with a player, that player will be lynched, and the day phase will end.
  • All role actions must be sent before the phase change deadline. All actions must be sent in your role PM bolded and if you wish to change them or your target, please make this clear and bolded.
  • Further clarification of your abilities / rules may be asked in your Role PM.
  • Dead players please keep posts to a minimum. You're allowed reaction posts long as they don't reveal anything and don't last forever.
Will you work together to fight your enemies and win with someone else? Will you choose the path of betrayal and secretly try to kill off a team? Or will you try to survive without breaking the alliance yourself, anticipating a betrayal?

"When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
In your general rules you state that the mafia can talk whenever you want, so I assume then there is a mafia? How does that work with alliances?

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
In your general rules you state that the mafia can talk whenever you want, so I assume then there is a mafia? How does that work with alliances?
oh woops didn't change that. I just copied and pasted it and tried to change things but missed that point for some reason. thanks now thats completely removed.

in the day players talk in main thread / team pm. at night they can also talk in alliance pm/other players but max of 2 people in PM plus mods, and not allowed to talk in main thread.

Can tweak rules, like allow alliance PM talk during day also. Maybe leave as it is.

Technically, houses are not treated as mafia nor as town. Because you can't really say a certain house in Got is purely evil or is purely good imo. And in this 'mafia' game, it's up to the players how they act.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's what happens when people steal my rules
They're not even good, guys, please make a simpler format for them

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
That's what happens when people steal my rules
They're not even good, guys, please make a simpler format for them
I already had to make the diplomacy rules, so I have an exuse to use your great format :p. What do you think about diplo rules?

D

Deleted member

I already had to make the diplomacy rules, so I have an exuse to use your great format :p. What do you think about diplo rules?
It's not great though.

I don't know tbh, I think there's little reason for players to NOT use it but I want to see how it goes first. This will be the first FFA Mafia game we have so even if it's janky as all hell, at least seeing it in practice will tell us what to do or not to do in the future.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
It's not great though.

I don't know tbh, I think there's little reason for players to NOT use it but I want to see how it goes first. This will be the first FFA Mafia game we have so even if it's janky as all hell, at least seeing it in practice will tell us what to do or not to do in the future.
I see. It's team-based FFA with a non-FFA win being possible though, since 2 teams can survive the bloodshed. Just to clarify.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
soooo....basically its multi fraction mafia?
inestead of just 2 sides with a few third partys, its just straight up fractured with 3-4 people all on a team together and loose on who they can join up on?

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
In the rules it states that you can only win alongside one ally, but players can have two allies. Is that a mistake or would one of the three have to be killed at the end?

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
In the rules it states that you can only win alongside one ally, but players can have two allies. Is that a mistake or would one of the three have to be killed at the end?
last part of the rules setting outside the spoiler says when theres "2" teams left that are allied with eachother the two can enforce their alliance and end the game peacefully

so i guess the game can only end with 2 teams allied (with the alliance staying or breaking) or 1 team solo, 3s to much i guess left around adding another variable to the mix and to much to share a throne

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
its not a mistake. just an extra incentive for betrayals. is that a bad rule?
last part of the rules setting outside the spoiler says when theres "2" teams left that are allied with eachother the two can enforce their alliance and end the game peacefully

so i guess the game can only end with 2 teams allied (with the alliance staying or breaking) or 1 team solo, 3s to much i guess left around adding another variable to the mix and to much to share a throne
yes, there's an final option to betray, which is a gamble.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Okay so when there are two players left and at least one wants to betray the other, how do they kill each other?

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
sounds unlikely cause it'll be team based and all that stuff with each fraction having a few....

but ya thats still possible....coin flip? dead vote? battle of the best?

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Okay so when there are two players left and at least one wants to betray the other, how do they kill each other?
ooooh thats a problem we didn't see lmao.

well....they might win together by default...and that option simply isn't available, but only if this is what actually does happen. i'll discuss with @redfeatherraven

because like the rules say as written, ''if 2 teams' left. 1 player isn;'t exactly a team...but the win counts for the dead players of the team as usual. So prob both win, since coinflip makes it a gamble XD.

idk, it's up to you guys. Coin flip or default win or something else...

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
ooooh thats a problem we didn't see lmao.

well....they might win together by default...and that option simply isn't available, but only if this is what actually does happen. i'll discuss with @redfeatherraven

because like the rules say as written, ''if 2 teams' left. 1 player isn;'t exactly a team...but the win counts for the dead players of the team as usual. So prob both win, since coinflip makes it a gamble XD.

idk, it's up to you guys. Coin flip or default win or something else...
The main dilemma with FFA games is deadlock situations. Right now my default solution to it in my own is to bring the spirits of the dead back to the thread reality TV Survivor style to force a choice.

I'd laugh if that ends up happening at the end of the manga.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
mine has no deadlock spirits of the dead rising thing. It doesn't need that, rrly.

it might be a forced choice to end it like i said, or random winner.
i'm willing to bet my who life in a game on the line for a coin flip :V
really? I mean thats why the last option was there to begin with, but if theres only 2 players on different teams like Holder said, victory won't be based on your actions, just the random number generator.

When the 2 teams have different amount of players, it depends on the actions. That very last point in the rules might be removed for the final version of rules for the actual signups. Also a solution.

@everyone if there's any other loopholes you can spot, please say them. Just incase me and red missed something.

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
really? I mean thats why the last option was there to begin with, but if theres only 2 players on different teams like Holder said, victory won't be based on your actions, just the random number generator.

When the 2 teams have different amount of players, it depends on the actions. That very last point in the rules might be removed for the final version of rules for the actual signups. Also a solution.

@everyone if there's any other loopholes you can spot, please say them. Just incase me and red missed something.
more or less ya meh, if its used to determine a 1 survivor vs 1 survivor action i don't mind letting rng pick 50 50 shot and its just used to end the game

if theres other ways like things more peminete to the role play and one of them do better than thats a way, idk :V

if its just to end it from a draw and theres no other ways around it i'm perfectly okay with letting a coin decide a persons life

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So let me get this straight.

You need to be in an alliance to win.

You can have up to two others in an alliance.

And you can betray your current alliance for another one if you think it increases your chances.

And even though there are mafia, its alliance vs alliance as well?

Do I understand that correctly?

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~

no can win by your own self and the team your roles assinge you guys with
yes, the other two don't even haveto be in alliance with the other either but your only stuck with those 2 till one bits the dust or someone betrays
And you can betray your current alliance for another one if you think it increases your chances.
or the hell of it
or to screw them over and eliminate them
or whatever

uuuuuuh...from what i read its just alliance vs alliance no mafia :V basically free for all mafia but people have specific teams

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also, can we change the name to "Mafia of Thrones"? It sounds better imo

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

you don't need to be in an alliance to win. can win alone. it's also technically team based and players share a starting PM like a mafia chat but they won't be a mafia. more like masons, really. When an alliance PM is formed, we won't show the role certificates there, otherwise betrayals would be too easy and removes some of the uncertainty.

But yh you got the gist of the chances thing.

It's not necessarily 'alliance vs alliance.' its whatever the players will do lmao. People who are not in your alliance are treated as enemies, meaning they can get rid of you so an alliance offers potential protection from some player and other benefits. But being in a alliance can be a double-edged sword, thanks to betrayals, which are almost guranteed to happen imo.
Also, can we change the name to "Mafia of Thrones"? It sounds better imo
Possibly.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
UPDATE: currently doing some potentially massive changes to roles and the setup itself, but unsure what will make it to the final version. Basically creating an alternative game, and then comparing the two once Red is ready, to create the final game of thrones.

If we started it how it was when posting the rules to the public, despite no progress since then and a ton leading up to it, game might still have some issues, seeing how players spotted problems we didn't notice. Might have been fun, but might not have been.

I'm trying to removing the might, or at least as much of it as possible to create a great experience for everyone.

D

Deleted member

Can I join this mafia game please?
I know I failed that last mafia game, but this time I will read the roles.

D

Deleted member

• Posting in the main thread is only allowed during Day and Tiebreaker phases. Reactions to Day results are to be kept to a minimum.
Well, a little scared I am going to mess that rule thread by meming at night.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
There have been some adjustments to the rules. The OP and the RULEs have been updated convience they are also posted here.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
When I mean "roles" I mean "rules".
This is not a normal mafia game shiny, and not an open set up like Holder's. The diplomacy rules make it a complex game.
Well, a little scared I am going to mess that rule thread by meming at night.
That rule existed since....ever. Like other's have said you don't usually take advice, read/understand the rules or even your very own role. You should spectate for a while.

I will put you as a reserve however, for if there is a space left that needs filling...

D

Deleted member

This is not a normal mafia game shiny, and not an open set up like Holder's. The diplomacy rules make it a complex game.

That rule existed since....ever. Like other's have said you don't usually take advice, read/understand the rules or even your very own role. You should spectate for a while.

I will put you as a reserve however, for if there is a space left that needs filling...
There are no rules? Do I need to make the best team to win?
I wanna be in.
Me too.
Wolfie557 Wolfie557 Sign me up please, I promise I will not be a disappointment.
It is just school takes a lot of time away from you guys.

D

Deleted member

Me too.
Wolfie557 Wolfie557 Sign me up please, I promise I will not be a disappointment.
It is just school takes a lot of time away from you guys.
When I mean "no rules", I mean "no rules set"?
What are those "diplomacy rules"?

You literally just proved you don't read posts or rules dude. . .

There is a giant post of rules on this very page. . .

Anyway. . .spectating. Last week of school so finals week. Will proabbly play whatever game comes after this

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyway. . .spectating. Last week of school so finals week. Will proabbly play whatever game comes after this
Read my other part, I knew there were reals.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

okay. i may or may not try and persuade you to join anyway later . like, when is this finals week ending:p

D

Deleted member

If these are questions that can be answered: how many teams exist and how many players will be in each of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom