• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Three day 512-player tournament in Switzerland?

Scriptor

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone!

My name is Scriptor, and I'm the TO of Super Smash Saga, and just wanted to ask you a question.

Let's say that if I were to hold a really big smash-tournament(probably with some other fighting games too), aiming at the likes of hflan or Heir II the Throne (hopefully I'm not being overconfident), do you think that enough people would travel all the way to Switzerland?

I could actually make something like this happen, but these things take their tribute, and if not enough players show up, it would be very troublesome, and I'm not sure if that's the case as our Smash-Scene isn't that well-known.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
HI, maybe I'm a bit late to answer but these boards are a bit dead lately. Get top players to come, people like Armada, Leffen, Mr.R, Leon,etc. and that will generate interest. Switzerland is a pretty central country being quite accessible for most European countries so I think it's doable. It all depends if you can get people to know about the tourney and to know that it will be big. You could even try to get some top players from another continent to come, that can also attract many players.

Of course, I would advice you to be sure that you are able to TO a tourmanent that big without major troubles because it's not like running a local. I myself would be really interested in attending if it gets big enough. Good luck with the tourney if you decide to host it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom