• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Three builders recreate Super Mario Galaxy in Minecraft

minecraftmariogalaxy.png

Three users, Chasin Jasin, Hogwarts007, and 99blockmaking have all accomplished an incredible feat - making every Galaxy, and 86 collectible stars, all available in Minecraft. Every single mission, asides from the Prankster Comets and Luigi missions, are all available on this batch. This map does have a new feature, though: Multiplayer - up to 3 people.

While this is not the first time that a video game world has been replicated in Minecraft (Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart maps come to mind), this is an absolutely stunning achievement from the Minecraft community. The map is available to download on its Planet Minecraft page.

Author's Note: Mario Galaxy Maps in Minecraft? What's next? Steve in Smash?! Oh, I jest. Being honest, I've never had the chance to play much Minecraft, but seeing this mod definitely has me interested. I'll have to keep it in mind. How about you? Have you ever played Minecraft? Let us know in the comments!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

Great map thank you! I wonder how much time it took you to create this map, probably a lot, but it was worth it. One day, my friends and I decided to create our city in a game on a one-to-one scale and it was very long. There were seven of us and we built every day for about a year. There were thoughts to leave this idea and just start playing, but in the end we built on, and the result was great. When we finished, we enjoyed the fact that we were able to do it ourselves and now we often play here. Of course, making maps is nothing compared to anything, but one of our friends at the time of creating the map asked us "How to make a Minecraft Armor Stand?"It was fun, considering he's been building with us for about five months now. I wish you good luck and thank you for your hard work!

Last edited:
It would be a great idea. I wonder how many people who love this genre will gather here. Unfortunately, the video is already unavailable for viewing. I hope there will be something similar soon xD. Btw, I haven’t been spending much time at the computer lately. I got a promotion at my office. However, I have a couple of free hours on weekends and play on Best Faction Servers Minecraft. I used to play this game a lot. It’s a terrible drug. Moreover, I built my own empire, which I am very proud of. I can attach screenshots if you are interested.

Top Bottom