• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thread to discuss next few games (Normal Semi-Open setup + B Game)

What do you prefer?

• Open Setup out of one of your five choices

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Semi-Open Setup that you make

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I tend to prefer having some power roles in games because it gives something concrete to act on. You can catch people in lies, make gambits, etc etc.
You can do both of those things without PRs. It just takes finesse instead of a blunt force trauma weapon.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
So... what's happening?

I'm kind of really keen to play again already. But part of me knows that I'm going to roll mafia and then play terribly.

Last edited:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I think we'll be doing a semi open setup where we'll have a list of possible power roles in the opening post and town will have 0-4 power roles and mafia will have 0-2 power roles. Fixing to get 10-13 players. Game thread should go up tomorrow or Saturday, with the actual game start being Monday or Tuesday.

Player List so far(if you don't want to be on this list, please let me know or Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa know)
1. ranmaru ranmaru
2. @#HBC | ѕoup
3. #HBC | marshy #HBC | marshy
4. Spak Spak / JeXs JeXs (can you make sure to follow the hydra approval process, or do you two already have one in place)
5. KevinM KevinM (maybe?)
6. #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary
7. Lore Lore
8. #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker
9. Pythag Pythag
10. Tom Tom
11. #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe
12. #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf

People who I think want to play but I'm not entirely sure
#HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac
#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame
Fandangox Fandangox

Last edited:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
4 as a max for town PRs seems a bit high for town, but I trust your judgement on it. Will the game have a theme?

I'm also cool with the list, especially after #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe gave an explanation. But Gorf and Rockin likely will want in, probably Mac too.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
4 as a max for town PRs seems a bit high for town, but I trust your judgement on it. Will the game have a theme?

I'm also cool with the list, especially after #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe gave an explanation. But Gorf and Rockin likely will want in, probably Mac too.
Working on a theme. I have a few ideas but I need to see if TK is okay with them.

Some people might need to be subs, the first list was basically people have posted in this thread confirming they wanted to play, the second list is people who I am assuming also want to play but haven't said here.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Working on a theme. I have a few ideas but I need to see if TK is okay with them.

Some people might need to be subs, the first list was basically people have posted in this thread confirming they wanted to play, the second list is people who I am assuming also want to play but haven't said here.
Could we at least go to them directly and ask? It feels weird to do a redo and leave out three of the active players while putting in a Replacement (Soup) and one of the inactive players (Nabe).

Rockin wasn't too active at times, but you know what I mean.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Aw. I had you as a scum read last game, but I felt like our interactions were generally chill and a good time, at least on my end. I'm sorry to hear that you won't be playing.
It was chill, and I enjoyed it. The reason why I'm joining got nothing to do with you in anyway shape or form, but more of my own personal performance and skill level when it comes to mafia.

I'm missing one or two core things in order to be great at mafia. The reason why I joined Tomafia was cause it's been a few years and I wanted to see how well I do. And the reason why joined Summer was to redeem myself of my Tomafia attitude and get to play with some of the old skool peep. Neither of them ended how the way I want it, so I'm just taking a backseat to things once again.

I rather not derail the thread about me, so best contact me on PMs or in the social thread.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
It was chill, and I enjoyed it. The reason why I'm joining got nothing to do with you in anyway shape or form, but more of my own personal performance and skill level when it comes to mafia.

I'm missing one or two core things in order to be great at mafia. The reason why I joined Tomafia was cause it's been a few years and I wanted to see how well I do. And the reason why joined Summer was to redeem myself of my Tomafia attitude and get to play with some of the old skool peep. Neither of them ended how the way I want it, so I'm just taking a backseat to things once again.

I rather not derail the thread about me, so best contact me on PMs or in the social thread.
That's understandable, and while I disagree about your skill level not being up there (I mean just look at me and how I was blatantly wrong on multiple reads lol), I can respect your view. I hope you join in another game in the future.

Edit: Oh and to be clear, the reason I brought up our interactions wasn't because of thinking you had issues with me. I was just saying that I enjoyed having you in the game, lol.

Last edited:

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer

Yo, quoted for freaking truth.

I AM gonna derail this thread. (jk)

Tomafia I didn't get to really play outside of D1, but the past two games I've played I've been like, holy cow, I just straight up DON'T know the questions to ask or what to look for. Playing with Ryker this last game really helped me get an understanding for at least how to start.

I don't think I thought critically about strategy back in 2007, and having taken a super long break, I've come back to this conclusion that I'm garbage.

Part of that I think is I don't really know everyone or how they play
Part of it is that I've play a LOT of IRL mafia / deduction games and it's just a really different way to play
Part of it is that I never really learned a meta, or strategy in general for forum mafia.

It actually pumps me up for the next game though, because there's a few concrete things that I get to practice.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know you aren't alone in feeling that.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
yall aint lyin. dude im garbage too. its a lot harder than it used to be, because i had a lot of misplaced confidence back then. and i wrote a lot.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
yall aint lyin. dude im garbage too. its a lot harder than it used to be, because i had a lot of misplaced confidence back then. and i wrote a lot.
Do you think it's harder than it used to be?

I also agree with the misplaced confidence. I can read myself as being much quicker on the draw when I look at old mafia games

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Do you think it's harder than it used to be?

I also agree with the misplaced confidence. I can read myself as being much quicker on the draw when I look at old mafia games
To be fair though, you haven't played in a long time but others never stopped. It makes sense that you'd be a bit worse (arguable) than them lol. I'm the same way.

Last edited:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I think we'll be doing a semi open setup where we'll have a list of possible power roles in the opening post and town will have 0-4 power roles and mafia will have 0-2 power roles. Fixing to get 10-13 players. Game thread should go up tomorrow or Saturday, with the actual game start being Monday or Tuesday.

Player List so far(if you don't want to be on this list, please let me know or Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa know)
1. ranmaru ranmaru
2. @#HBC | ѕoup
4. Spak Spak / JeXs JeXs (can you make sure to follow the hydra approval process, or do you two already have one in place)
7. Lore Lore
9. Pythag Pythag
10. Tom Tom

#HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac
Fandangox Fandangox
nah i think imma let others get a chance to play

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
heads up that im going back to a shorter style this upcoming game regardless of alignment

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
heads up that I'm going to not post as much this time regardless of alignment and also I have mario maker 2

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer

<3 you.bro still loved being scum with you back in the day :)

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer

1. ranmaru ranmaru
2. @#HBC | ѕoup
7. Lore Lore
9. Pythag Pythag
10. Tom Tom

#HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac
Fandangox Fandangox
Im def in, no preference as to setup, Ill play whatever the crowd is feelin
I feel this on a ****ing deep level bro

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
o man. just put in fandango mac and poyzin and we can go for a 17 man game guys! wouldnt that b so great?

i just hav the best ideas sometimes

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
o man. just put in fandango mac and poyzin and we can go for a 17 man game guys! wouldnt that b so great?

i just hav the best ideas sometimes
y'all like to forget about me, huh? :laugh:

Pokechu will remember this LOL

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
any chance we can put fandango to start?

throwin it out there cuz hes not actually here to /in himself and wont b til like sunday night or monday. but he did tell me he was down before he left and didnt get to play the last one

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
any chance we can put fandango to start?

throwin it out there cuz hes not actually here to /in himself and wont b til like sunday night or monday. but he did tell me he was down before he left and didnt get to play the last one
Fand can take the nabe spot. Game thread will go up later tonight, with roles going out tomorrow. Game start Monday.

Top Bottom