• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thread Hunters (a Monster Hunter thread maker)

Which Monster do yo want to return

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
In E3 20XX capcom reveals a new game on their website

Monster Hunter: Forum Hunter

"Hello fellow hunters, with the recent succeses of Rise and World we decided to let the fans create the next mainline game and decide what features will be in the game"

Forum Hunters is a thread game I want to do, with Pokemon and Sonic having forum games I decided why not the Monster Hunter Franchise

With this game we will decide on what monsters will be in the game, their subspecies, and new monsters, including the flagship monster, as well as possible new mechanics and locations for this hypothetical game

Confirmed Monsters:
Rathian
Rathalos
Deviljho
Diablos
Khezu
Lagaicrus
Zamtrios
Giganox

Orginal Monsters:
???

Zones:
???

(Some activity will lead to the first job so please spread this thread)

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Then
Cool. I like this!
You'll like my first job

Job 1: Create a pack style monster

All monster hunter games have a sort of small fry monster type, (includes the jaggi and drome monsters) lead by an apex member of the species (Great Jagras and Girros) the first job is simple create a pack based monster, describe the body type of the creature maybe using some real world animals as an inspiration as well as their abilities (digging, fire breath) and the pack leader and how they differentiate themselves from the normal pack members

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Rodi
Based on rodents, this pack wyvern resemble giant reptilian rats but have some elements of moles, as they age they begin to develop better claws for digging and become great borrowers, they live deep underground and tend to send out a single Rodi as a scout, when the Rodi sense potential prey it reaches causing a dozen more Rodi of various sizes to swarm the prey and eat it whole

They are lead by the Great Rodi a mole like wyvern, it has adept burrowing abilities and can cause a stream of sand and dirt to blind opponents, they are always the largest females and prefer to stand back and let its hundred of followers hunt for her, that is unless a predator (or hinter) causes a big spike in the death of her colony members and she personally leads a team of lesser Rodi to hunt and raise numbers again, for every Great Rodi you hunt a new one will likely takes its place

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 1: Monster that hunts in packs
The monster resembles a mishmash between a wolf and a lizard with shaggy fur running down it's back, the head looks reptilian with canine features like teeth and ears, and its body being a light grey colour with albino scales. Their leader would be bigger and monstrous looking more primal and feral with overgrown teeth jutting out and having a darker colour.

Not much, but hey I tried my best.

Edit: I got a name for it, I'm calling the smaller one "Canisia" and their leader "The Great Canisile".

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 1: Monster that hunts in packs
The monster resembles a mishmash between a wolf and a lizard with shaggy fur running down it's back, the head looks reptilian with canine features like teeth and ears, and its body being a light grey colour with albino scales. Their leader would be bigger and monstrous looking more primal and feral with overgrown teeth jutting out and having a darker colour.

Not much, but hey I tried my best.
Just mash two names related wolves or lizards and name the leader the Great (your name), you dont need a name but its recommended since it will become more memorable

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I am making a poll for retruing monsters

Poll 1: Pukei Pukei or Giganox

Nothing special, and the loser dosnt means that that monster wont have the potential to be in the game so dont worry if one of them loses as their are more chances for it to come back

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Here is something extra if you made monster or not

Job #2 Make the first Zone

A Zone is a term to describe the areas in this game (Wildspire Waste, Rotten Vale for example), I say roughly their will be 8 zones with few mini zones for specific bosses

The first Zone should be one of the variations of the 3:

1. A cliff filled grassland

2. A colorful jungle

3. A breezy pine tree mountain

Your task is to take one (or all) of three previously mentioned concepts and convert it into a hunting area, you don't need to make a map, just give the relative structure like monuments and gimmicks and what type of wildlife would roam the area

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 2: Zone
Name of Zone
"Arid Grasslands"

Description
A wide grassland based of a savannah with a mix between jungles taking inspiration from Africa, there would be giant trees similar to baobab trees found on Madagascar as well rivers and watering holes for thirsty wildlife or either cooling off, some areas could be rocky canyons.

Wildlife
  • Antelope-like creatures
  • Something based off elephants
  • Freshwater fish
  • insects like snails, butterflies and termites

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 2
Zone 1
Tropic Fungi

So imagine a mangrove forest, but instead of threes all major plant life are giant colorful mushrooms, they can reach the size as a adult Deviljho and they realese a nutritious mist that can cause sweet tasting moss to grow, this is the main food source of the lower wildlife

Some Mishrooms are hollow and so some monsters use them as dens, in fact the central area has a pair of hollow giant mushrooms that may or may not make a den for a larger monster

Obviously you can collect a lot of mushrooms in the zone but you can also collect colorful moss and lichens that can be used for crafting

Wildlife includes mainly of ants, termites, mantises, and beatles of various shapes and sizes alongside the normal wildlife

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Does anyone have a better name for this thread than Thread Hunters, that sounds dumb I think

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
We need at least 4 entires for each job so that we can vote, that way the thread wont die off like all my other ones

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
With it being 24 hours the polls are officially closed and the Giganox will return alongside the Khezu--

Wait wait new discovery

[We have been searching these caves for quite a while, their seems to be evidence of some kind of new varient of a previously discovered monster, these bite marks are distinct enough to conclude that it may be a new varient of the Khezu]

Job 4 Creat a Khezu Subspecies

The Red Khezu is one of the most reviled subspecies in monster hunter due to barely changing anything g in the fight and looking hideous, so well be replacing that monster with a new subspecies of the Khezu, as long as it still is related to the Khezu any entry can be made

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 4: Subspecies

Name of Subspecies
Meltdown Khezu

Description
A Khezu who is all blue and dark coloured glows a pretty bright blue colour which gets brighter and hotter, this subspecies can use the ability to blast out boiling hot blue fire as well can fire out a laser of blue fire as well, due to this thing being so hot and blazing it can undergo a nuclear-like pulse which blasts out a blue shockwave burning everything to ash and fire.

Element
Fire

Something like Godzilla's burning form which I was inspired by:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Scarred Khezu

This Khezu is a dark mustard yellow with pink splotches resembling scars, hence the name, its slightly bigger than a normal Khezu and is shinier in appearance

Scarred Khezu is covered in a thick mucus that it constantly spits into puddles, it can sense the vibrations in these puddles making it see better despite its blindness

Scarred Khezu biggest change is his abilty to launch slime onto your body which will give you blast blight, it cant have infinite mucus sp it must eat something to gain more mucus

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Voting time has begun

Their is only 2 entires both by me and Mamboo07 Mamboo07

Vote for your favorite of the 2

Pack Monsters
Rodi
Canisia

Zone
Tropic Fungi
Arid Grassland

Khezu Subespecies entries are still open alongside this next job

Job 5 Create a Soft Bodied Monster

What are Soft Bodies

Soft Bodies are new classification of wyvern alongside the likes of the brute and fanged beast, although shape and sizes may vary they have the following characteristics

1. They Lack a Spine or Major Bone Structure, that is not to say they have bone like structures at all such as beaks and shells, it's that the majority of Soft Bodies structure wise dont have a backbone or skeleton and are thus invertebrate

2. They have a soft tissue structure in contrast with the exoskeletons of the Neopetrans, this makes them either more susceptible to conventional weaponry or have to live in damp places to not risking drying out

3. Although their are exceptions (such as it being an aquatic member) Soft Bodies lack agility and are decently slow, as a result they tend to use stealth tactics and long ranged options like venomous spines or tentacles

This job has you design a Soft Body Monster, using these pointers above make a monster of this group, some possible real life animals to base your creations on include the snail, sought, octopus, and clam

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 3: Soft Bodied

Name of Monster
Yuopelos

Description
A large octopus with a shell that's all spiky and curled up, its many tentacles have venomous spines with the ends of each looking like a snail head which all can spit out sticky goop, its body can change colours glowing and shifting around with the head having eight eyes.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 3: Soft Bodied

Name of Monster
Yuopelos

Description
A large octopus with a shell that's all spiky and curled up, its many tentacles have venomous spines with the ends of each looking like a snail head which all can spit out sticky goop, its body can change colours glowing and shifting around with the head having eight eyes.
Where di you get that amazing name, that's so cool sounding

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Soft Bodied

Corogoro

A clam like monster, its covered in barnacles to disguise itself as a large undersea rock, it periodically open and closed its mouth to allow itself to breath, in its innards are a grouped of spines tentacles with paralyses that it uses to grapple and poison its prey, its shell is hard but enough force can break it open to reveal its soft underside and to counter this the Corogoro is slow and weak to blast

Top Bottom