• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thread for Creatives/Wannabe Creatives

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
Wuzzam guys, this thread is for anything you guys deem to be a creative outlet or a hobby you guys indulge in. This is also a thread for those looking for a creative outlet. There are a TON of outlets you can go to for that expression, so don’t get worried and feel free to explore! Lemme give y’all an example (this actually happened to me tho).

I used to play video games heavy because it was an expressive thing for me; the play styles, the interactions, everything. That is, until the play to win mindset and real competitive aspectstrolled through and showed me how limiting it is for creative expression. I also found myself looking for specific players and characters to watch and watch only. So, I set out and starting looking for other methods (went to my Alto Sax, and had to drop it because of college and Blender, which I’ll define later). While going through college (I go there for Fine Arts), and experiencing some different outlets (drawing, sculpting clay, photography, creating objects out of everyday things, etc...) I started to find programs like GIMP, photoshop, Rhino (for the 3d modelers out there), Yarn, legos, and more.

Now, I’m centered on Blender, which is a open source computer graphics software that allows charcter rigging, 3D modeling, animation, rendering, and all of those things. It has a prettyyyyyyy steep learning curve, but that’s one of the fun things about art; you’ll always have something to learn and find out about.

Top Bottom