• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thoughts on the Green Missile change?

Kapapanerp

Smash Apprentice
How much do you guys think this will effect the weege? Recovering vs swordies is gonna be waaay harder now...

moonfolk

Smash Apprentice
But it's much, much more intuitive. I think that's for the better overall, but yeah, I've been messing stuff up lately. :/

Kapapanerp

Smash Apprentice
But it's much, much more intuitive. I think that's for the better overall, but yeah, I've been messing stuff up lately. :/
Yeah, I agree. The sweetspot was really awkward to learn at first because of the grab box, but it was kinda nice being immune to on stage ledge guarding =P

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
Its definitely taking some getting used to. Characters like G&W can just dtilt to beat out the missile sweetspot now. Recovery is going to be a lot more difficult not imo and characters will feel better about going out to get us. At least we still have amazing on-stage game!

moonfolk

Smash Apprentice
Its definitely taking some getting used to. Characters like G&W can just dtilt to beat out the missile sweetspot now. Recovery is going to be a lot more difficult not imo and characters will feel better about going out to get us. At least we still have amazing on-stage game!
Admittedly, Luigi still has a really versatile recovery. I've been holding onto my second jump more often lately, using down-b first to get some vertical distance, which lets you throw fireballs in or fade back etc.

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
You can now grab the stage backwards with it.
I noticed that too, but it doesn't seem super beneficial. This means you can missile to ledge from stage if spaced right, but you get there so much faster by wavedashing to ledge. Its definitely an interesting thing to throw off your opponent though.

Top Bottom